Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

Narvius 17 years ago
    If youre playing as Alien, how to get Morph Points 1600 Up (Werivar Mod)? It IS possible (i looked into scripts.dat) but i dont know how
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    Hey why noones answer? :'(

I need that infomation!!!!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Hey why noones answer? :'(

I need that infomation!!!!
    I suggest that you ask the question in, say, the Werivar mod thread, due to this thread being (at least mostly) for Vanilla (i.e. unmodified) Notrium questions.

Nevertheless, I'm-a suggest that you look in the journal; AFAIK the journal always notifies what you should do to evolve to the next level.
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    -.- i know but 1100 and up there are no more journal logs...
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Survive amongst your own kind" was the last evo level in vanilla. It required you to just sit and wait in in the Hive.
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    I know. I have my base in the hive (621 small blue alien corpses, 122 Blue, 544 Alien Meat, 111 Reaper corpses, 9 Dire Reaper Corpses!) and 1600 Morph. The max. possible is 2300 but theres seemingly no possibilty to reach it...
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Try an XP card... or two. You'll have to start over, but you won't lose much.
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    ...i'm not a Cheater! (lol)
    #
    White Rabbit 17 years ago
    Three questions:
    1. Are the plants in Eden supposed to not attack the Psionic? They won't even touch him if he attacks them first. I killed the big, huge, plant and used the Planetoid to "win" the game, but it was kinda boring, since, being Psionic, nobody came to me when I used the Planetoid in the central altar.

2. On day 14, the Psionic says that he should go back to the pod crash site in search for something, but I've no idea what it is, and I've looked through the Hermit's hut pretty thoroughly. I've only found the Hermit's diary, some bullets, some firewood, a computer chip, a metal rod, some pebbles, and that's it.

3. I've read somewhere on this forum that red healing plants respawn in Eden. Is this true?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "White Rabbit" said:
    Three questions:
    1. Are the plants in Eden supposed to not attack the Psionic? They won't even touch him if he attacks them first. I killed the big, huge, plant and used the Planetoid to "win" the game, but it was kinda boring, since, being Psionic, nobody came to me when I used the Planetoid in the central altar.

2. On day 14, the Psionic says that he should go back to the pod crash site in search for something, but I've no idea what it is, and I've looked through the Hermit's hut pretty thoroughly. I've only found the Hermit's diary, some bullets, some firewood, a computer chip, a metal rod, some pebbles, and that's it.

3. I've read somewhere on this forum that red healing plants respawn in Eden. Is this true?
    1. That's the right, the plants in Eden are your friends.
    2. I didn't find anything too
    3. And also electric plants.
    #
    I've advanced further with the Psionic now...I've got myself a fully working life supporting system, and a working subspace engine, and intend to use the pod to escape. The only thing I'm missing is a broken subspace radio (I've got the star map and the computer unit), but a Psionic isn't given one at the start of the game. Right now, I'm limited to the Eden and Queen ending, since I haven't got a radio and can't use a welding torch.

Where can I find the radio? I could search for it, but I don't know in which area.

EDIT: Another question... My hoverbike's headlights have gone out. Pressing F won't do anything. How do I turn them back on? Driving in the darkness is a bit...confusing.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "White Rabbit" said:
    You didn't find anything important because there's nothing to find, IIRC the journal entry is from an older version of Notrium in which one of the dreamscapes was to be found in the hermits hut.
    #
    Psionics cannot use the escape pod?! That sucks. I spent so much time finding the pod components and getting a sand ally army together to attack the landing pad area, and then I'm told I can't use the escape pod. Why can the Psionic use the VC shuttle but not the escape pod?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I'm guessing it's becuase you can't lug around all the items as a psionic.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Or maybe its the fact that psionic cant use 99 percent of the stuff in the game?
    #
    I just thought I could use the escape pod because I can use the VC shuttle, which is basically the same thing as an escape pod, only without the ability to travel in subspace.

Well, another question!

Look at the picture:

Now what?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    You're overburdened.

Drop something.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    You're overburdened.

Drop something.
    I don't think that's his problem.
    #
    The Hermit isn't picking up any health plants. I can't heal him using a Force Field Generator or a Health Pack either.

How do I heal the Hermit?

EDIT: Well, Force Fields still won't heal him, but I've found out that he won't heal with Healing Plants when asking for Health Packs, and Health Packs won't work when he's asking for Healing Plants. That was confusing.

He also asks for Healing Plants when his health is too high, which also confused me. I had him get shot a bit more, hehe, before he could actually use the Healing Plants. So everything's ok.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Sometimes if the hermit is only slightly injured he will ask for a healing plant but he doesn't actually want one.
    #
    Grombolar 17 years ago
    I tried Search -function but no luck so I'll ask;

Which items exactly are usable by Psionic/Alien (other than Medkits/Medkits & Firewood respectively)? I've played mostly with Psionic & he can create items such as Laser Turrets but cannot use/place them. °_º'
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "Grombolar" said:
    I tried Search -function but no luck so I'll ask;

Which items exactly are usable by Psionic/Alien (other than Medkits/Medkits & Firewood respectively)? I've played mostly with Psionic & he can create items such as Laser Turrets but cannot use/place them. °_º'
    It depends on each. The Alien can deploy turrets, but only the basic ones.
    While the Psionic... as said before, he can't use most objects.
    ...You could be more explicit, by the way. There are many objects in the game, and you can see them all in items.dat
    #
    This is everything I know:

The Alien and Psionic can't use any weapons, but the Alien can use the Welding Torch and of course throw Pebbles (excellent long-range alternative to your claws ). Both can use rations and eat anything (there's grilled brown alien meat inside the VC bunker, which the Psionic can eat). Psionics can't eat Reaper corpses, but they're not real food anyway.

Both can build and use Hoverbikes, but only the Alien can use the Escape Pod once it's finished, so don't waste your time trying that ending with the Psionic.

There are several items unique to Human/Android too, such as modded subspace radios and some other techno-gadget thingymajigs I keep forgetting about. The Alien can operate a working subspace radio but I'm not sure about the Psionic.

Apart from not being able to wield any weapons and human/android specific items, I *think* the Alien can do anything.

With the Psionic, you are limited to:
    Medic kits
    Rations
    Blue alien corpses
    Grilled brown alien meat

Many items still "work", however, just by you having them in your inventory. The Psionic can't use Sand, the Shuttle keycard, or Anti-Gravitation devices, but try telling that to him.

EDIT: Here's an question not related to what I wrote above.

What does Life Force Drain actually do? I get neither life essences nor health from it. It seems to be a very expensive way of killing aliens.
    #
    Grombolar 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    ...You could be more explicit, by the way.
    Sorry, I just began to play Notrium & haven't gone into detail about how things work. Thanks a lot for the information, both of you!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "White Rabbit" said:

What does Life Force Drain actually do? I get neither life essences nor health from it. It seems to be a very expensive way of killing aliens.
    You get life essences from it. Either you're not keeping track of how many essences you have, or you've found a bug.
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    "White Rabbit" said:

You get life essences from it. Either you're not keeping track of how many essences you have, or you've found a bug.
    I've tried again and it still doesn't work. There's a little green sphere that goes to the enemy, and then goes back to me, but the sphere gives me nothing. I had 85 life essences before, and 85 after.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    That's odd, it works for me.
    #
    *shoots himself with Brain Poison *

EDIT: This weapon looks exactly like the one used by those purple Marine commanders. I've never got that weapon before. Is it still possible to build it, or is it only available in older versions?
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    If thats a pebble shotgun like i think it is then it's one of the easiest weapons to build.

[Spoiler]Particle accelerator + Energy unit + long metal rod[/Spoiler]
    #
    Oh yeah, so it is. I've never used one before. ops:
    So, does this mean the purple marines fire pebbles?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "White Rabbit" said:
    Oh yeah, so it is. I've never used one before. ops:
    So, does this mean the purple marines fire pebbles?
    That's right, but the marine commanders fire something more powerful than that.
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    maby this question has been asked.......... i dont know i cant be botherd lookink for it.......................................

what do i have to kill to evolve into the final form of alien???????

it says you have to kill your own kind????
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    It's been a while, but I believe all you have to do is hang out in the Hive map for a certain amount of time. You should know if I'm right because your evolution bar should go up just for being there. It was either that or be near the nest, I can't recall anymore.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    It dosen't say "Kill". Actually, it says to "Be with" your own kind, so, yes, just stay there.
    #
    J.C 17 years ago
    whats a power prisim formation?????

i want to use the warp drill but it says i need to be near a power prisim formation...
    if they are those multicoulour round glass things at the mining area i found it but it still wont work?????

how many crystal ore or energy do i have to have to use it???
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: