Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium modding questions/answers

Anonymous1157 14 years ago
    IIRC, Notrium supports IDs into the thousands. There have been a few notable cases where a certain group of numbers would tard out in other games and one HAD to skip a few hundred, but this isn't a problem in Notrium. Go crazy with it!
    #
    Amarth 14 years ago
    Mmm. I believe they are indeed stored in arrays, not in hashmaps or anything. Then again, each ID probably adds at most a few hundred bytes of memory requirements (if they're not just 4-byte pointers), so I don't think you should worry too much.

Then again, I'm not promising it works if you skip IDs, but I suppose you can just try that out yourself.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Thanks for the replies! This would be useful in divide-and-conquer approach. Anyway, first one ought to have some fresh ideas about it...
    #
    INFERNUS 14 years ago
    how to put screen shoots on my topic?
    #
    Upload your image(s) to Imageshack, then copy the first forum-style link it gives you and paste it into your post. You will end up with a nice preview thumbnail which can be clicked to view the full image.
    #
    INFERNUS 14 years ago
    tnx
    #
    K1llercurse 14 years ago
    Ok, i am new to modding, and so far im getting it, exept one thing. Any time i make a new map, i put it in the areas.dat and the maps.dat, but it wont show up once i start, it only has the start area. Any help would be much appreciated, sorry for the newbie question.

Nevermind, i kept looking for threads to answer my question, and i found one. Sorry guys, im new at this.
    #
    That's alright. It's a common problem... Or, rather, it's happened to at least me before. I can't remember what went wrong, but what you've just described annoyed me so much that I had to give up modding after Notrium v1.2 (The last version with the old file format). I regret it terribly.
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    Guys, did someone encounter a need in simulating NAND logic in N scripts? It's when script effects take place if conditions look like "not (A and B)", where A, B are some conditions from conditions list - so it's "not and" logical fuction (NAND). Sheffer stroke (\) or I don't know how it's called in English. I find it impossible without some workarounds... perhaps tinkering with bars...
    #
    Venom31 14 years ago
    So, looks like no one knows. Sad, that is...
    For the problem needed to solve, I've just found other condition that would do. However, if some other problem arises with same symptoms and no appropriate condition to use right away - I'd be screwed ))

These common logic expressions in condition blocks are joined via AND logical operator in Notrium. Many conditions have a negated version of themselves. So, a simple use of them looks like

begin_conditions;
    m
    AND ( ~Cj ) where ~Cj is some condition and is either Cj or NOT(Cj)
    j=1
    end_conditions;

That's great but we lack the OR logical operator for (AND, OR, NOT) system.
    Also, the (AND, XOR, 1) system comprises a functionally complete system of logical functions, but it's not very natural for people to think that way, it's a bit harder...

So this type of problems (as I see for now) could be solved in 2 ways:
    1) complete logical calculation in bars, using some new bar like min = 0, max = 1
    2) if-then-else simulation via script calls also needs some boolean bar to store current state
    The drawbacks of both are using one more bar, besides, if the condition check is nested, you'll need one more bar for each level of this hierarchy...

If someone has something to add to these two ways, please tell.
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    This may Seam Stupid, But Where Do i Add Objects To The Map Randomly, ive done it before. but i just cannot find the Dam button.

(i have 6 bush types, 4 rivers, 10 or so rocks, 20 trees, all have Objectdiffinition Files and i cant find the random objects button.)

Any Help?
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    There is a Random Objects floor tile in the editor built in to the game engine (IIRC). Just overlay it on the tiles you want to use with said feature.
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    its not a random objects, its no random objects tile. and the random Terian One Only dose the tiles.

fount it, its the climates.
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    Oh, i got a new Question.

How to get a Weapon With a underslung Grenade Laucher.

I have the Base Weapon (with out The GrenadeLaucher)

And the Grenade Laucher

Ive Got Them to Combine

I have the gun Weapon
    The GL Main Weapon
    And a GL Secondary Weapon

Its Not working, i have it setup so when you push 'G' the Grenade Laucher Fires.
    But It Fires, and it hits, then no damage taken to anyone but the person who was hit.

Any Help?
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Most weapons in N have single target effect. If you just wrote Grenade Launcher's damage in hit_effects section of the weapons.dat, it will be applied to only one creature that is hit (if any). AFAIR, Pebble Shotgun's (for example) effects fire several pebbles (see begin_fire_effects in original weapons.dat about Shotgun (16)) in random directions with given spread/speed/time (45). That's some approach for a shottie, you'll have do design some algorithm for area-of-effect of your Grenade Launcher.
    #
    You could use shrapnel grenades. (I'm thinking of how the battery works when used as a weapon, except you launch it before it explodes.)
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    you may just be right. (you are)

now why dose the explosion spash damage me, but not my targets?
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    Well that must be the same effect seen in self-hurt Psi Blast of Werivar mod
    I was never able to investigate the matter, though you may try adding condition 23 - "creature IS/NOT player".
    Featuring realism, I would've left it as it is
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    im not using any data from any other mods, its the default battery dischage blast with changed particals etc.. must of stuffed it up somewhere.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    I didn't mean you've taken it from Werivar. After all, UberWaffe made it all and thought it was OK, but then the testing shows... you know what . But something is messed up if that isn't what you've planned, right?
    Still, please do try condition 23 and tell us what was the result.
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    condition 23 is contentious increase bar? hmmm....
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    "JakeWedding" said:
    condition 23 is contentious increase bar? hmmm....
    What? No-no, that's EFFECT 23
    "Notrium notes.txt" said:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    //condition numbers:
    23=creature (parameter0: 0=is, 1=is not) player
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    whops..
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    i think whats happening is that the shapnel only damages people of the hostile side of the grenade target. Dose that make sense?
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    That makes sense, but I'm not sure about that. You aren't your own enemy, right? And I've mentioned Werivar for a reason. That psionic there breaks this "sense", that's why I'm not sure of anything anymore...
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    You need to have the weapon effect drop a creature that is of a neutral side (or the player side if you don't want to damage yourself) which fires the shrapnel. Else, the explosion attack will belong to the target, which won't be able to hurt creatures of its same side as friendly fire is disabled.
    #
    guthixmodman 13 years ago
    does anyone know how you can defeat the psionic lifeforce boss?

i always run out of energy when it has 2 hits left and i don't gain energy fast enough.

got any hints?????

edit: yes i have but they dont help at all, they just walk off!
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "guthixmodman" said:
    does anyone know how you can defeat the psionic lifeforce boss?

i always run out of energy when it has 2 hits left and i don't gain energy fast enough.

got any hints?????
    Have you tried using decoys?
    #
    JakeWedding 13 years ago
    wrong topic?
    #
    SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
    1. I used search
    2. It didnt help

Ok i need a script for explosions... example: you shoot rocket launcher and it booms with 3x3 range Will any1 help me?
    #
    There is a Notrium questions thread meant for gameplay questions here.

We were JUST talking about making shrapnel grenades before you asked your question. Would that suit your needs? There's practically enough information to convert straight from English to Notrium script file.
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    But I bet you'd want other animation for that in the end...
    #
    SmokNiszczyciel 13 years ago
    1. I need it for many explosive weapons [like plasma granade {oh yes it sticks to ur ass and explodes after few seconds so if u run to ur team mates then they ALL DIE MWHAHAHAHA}, mines, rocket launchers etc}
    2. No, ill just use some explosion animations i find in notrium ;d
    #
    Redemption 13 years ago
    Rocket Launcher.
    #
    ronnypac 13 years ago
    Hi Guys,
    Wich file i must mod to translate the screen textes in german ?

Ronny
    #
    Forum » Notrium modding questions/answers
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: