Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Surviving Forever?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Surviving Forever?

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Try the Wazzal II mod. That's the system I'm using for earning pormotion points.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    pormotion

That was almost an icky speeeeling errrrror

Isn't Wazzal the ones with the ships? I havnt tried Wazzal II though.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Wazzal II is a mod for notrium, not a whole new game. But it's pretty cool. I recommend either waiting for v0.3b, or getting v0.2b and downloading the patch I made.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Wazzal II is a mod for notrium, not a whole new game. But it's pretty cool. I recommend either waiting for v0.3b, or getting v0.2b and downloading the patch I made.

Ill wait for the patch, that way I get a better impression of it

Mind sending me a pm when there is an update?
    #
    burgerking 19 years ago
    Wouldn't it be funnt to put an alien spawner in the hermit's hut? then you could get evo points before you even left the hut!

Also i remember In notrium 1.1 the alien eggs used to be in the lava pools. This means if you chose the alien, you cant get the ending!
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "burgerking" said:
    Wouldn't it be funnt to put an alien spawner in the hermit's hut? then you could get evo points before you even left the hut!

Also i remember In notrium 1.1 the alien eggs used to be in the lava pools. This means if you chose the alien, you cant get the ending!

Why couldn't you just walk on the lava?....
    #
    AsdMaster 19 years ago
    How do you make it that there its always daytime.

what file to alter
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Ahh, (censored). AsdMaster, I (and anyone else here who's smart) will refuse to answer your question until you put it in the right (censored)ing forum in the right (censored)ing thread.

Where's my warhat?
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    Nice Here is your warhat

*Hands Marevix a paper hat*

Totally offtopic...
    #
    Sicon 19 years ago
    It IS possible for an Android to survive forever. Although it would be very tight, he may aswell just get loads of battery extensions in the beggining, then very slowly eat dozens of blue plants at Eden ( yes plants respawn there ) and well.... bassicaly thats the only way he can survive after the planet runs out of energy.
    #
    Flikerator 19 years ago
    "Sicon" said:
    It IS possible for an Android to survive forever. Although it would be very tight, he may aswell just get loads of battery extensions in the beggining, then very slowly eat dozens of blue plants at Eden ( yes plants respawn there ) and well.... bassicaly thats the only way he can survive after the planet runs out of energy.

As long as there is a regenerating energy source the android can survive forever, would get kinda boring but they can survive forever. Since eden plants regenerate...
    #
    burgerking 19 years ago
    "Flikerator" said:
    "burgerking" said:
    Wouldn't it be funny to put an alien spawner in the hermit's hut? then you could get evo points before you even left the hut!

COZ THEN U DIE, IDIOT!!
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    "burgerking" said:
    "Flikerator" said:
    "burgerking" said:
    Wouldn't it be funny to put an alien spawner in the hermit's hut? then you could get evo points before you even left the hut!

COZ THEN U DIE, IDIOT!!

I think he was being sarcastic...
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    Do you nowadays die instantly when you touch lava?
    #
    Pete 19 years ago
    No, but you get burned faster then you notice it.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    It's possible, however, with enough health packs. Could the alien use propulsion boots in 1.11?
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    Alien could spit acid too, I think.
    #
    burgerking 19 years ago
    No, there was no acid spit in 1.1
    #
    Admiral 18 years ago
    well with respects to the Android energy problem i had an idea i plan to mod in a "seed". Now i haven't made up my mind how the player is going to get them but basically you use the seed and you get an energy plant or health plant
    That way you could plant your own garden in the Hermit's hut or wherever you hold your base now it would need to be balanced so you dont get too many seeds but i think its a good idea.
    please reply if you have any feedback on this post
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Tom Paris" said:
    well with respects to the Android energy problem i had an idea i plan to mod in a "seed". Now i haven't made up my mind how the player is going to get them but basically you use the seed and you get an energy plant or health plant
    That way you could plant your own garden in the Hermit's hut or wherever you hold your base now it would need to be balanced so you dont get too many seeds but i think its a good idea.
    please reply if you have any feedback on this post
    This idea has already been suggested many times. I wouldn't be surprised if you could still find an old (or new, come to think of it) topic in which they discuss it.
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    New stuff would be more like planting in the wrong seed and watch it grow. Later it eats you
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    This "Notrium" is starting sound like Harvest Moon. I think there should be some sort of plant growth system, but not full out cultivation.

The healing plants and electric plants are currently just static objects, but it would be interesting to have them spread under the right conditions.
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    What about seeds that can act like turrets and stuff to you??? Farm it wrong and the plant dies or becomes a mutated plant that comes and eats you
    #
    Marevix 18 years ago
    Hmm.. Player makes plough, ploughs field, plants a seed, waits one Werivar day (a default day would be too fast), uses field and gets a couple health plants in his inventory which can be split to make seeds. I might get around to modding it into Werivar as a human-only ability if only for the novelty. Perhaps, in this way, he could also grow food. Perhaps I could add a tradeskill system to Notrium and completely revamp the way the game works by taking all preexisting items out of the game and replace them with crude resources, forcing the player to refine them and make them into items. Yeah, I could work off that..
    #
    Fouine 18 years ago
    I don't know if it has already been suggested, but there should also be something that counts the number of days you've been on notrium. That way we could, well, see how many days we've spent on Notrium and how long we can really survive.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Fouine" said:
    I don't know if it has already been suggested, but there should also be something that counts the number of days you've been on notrium. That way we could, well, see how many days we've spent on Notrium and how long we can really survive.

Doesn't the human's clock have a day counter?
    #
    Fouine 18 years ago
    It does? I had never noticed...

Well, forget what I said then ops:
    #
    Quanrian 16 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Marevix" said:
    I think Quanrian just didn't think of that when he was working on it. He wanted the player to work up in the ranks to a higher level from the smallest to biggest.
    He probably thought about it and dismissed it, preferring the current system for various reasons.

Right, Quan?

I mine as well answer this one finally, now that I've noticed it, and it's directed at me. I thought about a lot of things, tested them, and yes even dismissed quite a bit. I had my concept and I followed through with it, that's really all there was to it.

Incase anyone is curious, yes all those off-topic posts did not so mysteriously vanish. Let's try and stay on-topic please.
    #
    Kaizer 15 years ago
    I remember that you can do a machine with the biomass reactor that turn the brown aliens into batteries, but i dont remember well... but anyways i think that you can survive forever with all the characters, but the alien is the best, put 10 or 20 blue aliens on all the areas (exept the hive, or your game will finish), brown aliens on the important ones and you will see that you take over the whole planet , is awesome to see them running and chasing your enemies, and they suffering and.. AND!!

And in werivar is best, because when you stay in the planet very much the snipers try to kill you, like the dire reapers and the battle droids... the danger is everywhere
    #
    joanna2020 15 years ago
    the biomass machine thingy is on werivar/werivar exp. not in vanilla...don't
    try to confuse those thingies
    #
    dorkan 15 years ago
    for them all its possible for human you have to get some means of deadly weponry(the VC pistol is a good canidate) and a lardge amounts of turrts and set them up around a fire, then hunt and retreat to your new base when your pretty msuch doomed(in this case a stasis freild helps) for alein just get an army of aleins and set them up everywhere exept the hive and hunt on your own in the hive then go back to the areas you set up the aleins and get the food they have hunted for you. when only have units left just hunt in the hive and hunt down those blue aleins to devore them MAWHAHAHAH . for sonic once you get all teh tokens your basicly doing the same as alein exept with golems as alien army and no turrets. for android its ALMOST impossible(ALMOST )
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Why shouldn't the psionic have turrets? He *can* carry stuff, if you know how.
    #
    dorkan 15 years ago
    actualy i think he can't use them, and why in the world are golems not enough?
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    He can, as far as I remember. And if not, there're still the vines.
    Turrets are simply easier to obtain in massive amounts.
    #
    Forum » Surviving Forever?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: