Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Should locked threads be deleted?

Should locked threads be deleted?

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
"Casanova" said:
Could the locked threads be deleted? Theres more of them displayed than there are active threads, and removing them would make spammers loose a big chunk of their post count.
What do you think Ville?
#
Idiota 19 years ago
I must agree with that. I have to keep locking those useless threads. There are way to many locked threads in the general talk now.
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
I was going to do it miself, but I know that in other forums I'm moderator in I've had the administrators growl at me for deleting too many threads, for the reason that they wanted the total post amount to look as high as possible to attract more members. I just wanted to make sure it's OK with Ville.
#
ville 19 years ago
We're not really after post counts or even member counts here, so I have no grudges against deletions.

Hmm... Let's make it a rule that if a thread has anything useful in it, we don't delete it. If a thread is completely useless, feel free to remove it.

Bear in mind that if you just delete a thread, the person who posted it might not know what happened to it and most likely will start it anew.
#
ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
Okalydokaly, I didn't think you would have a problem with it.
Hmm... Let's make it a rule that if a thread has anything useful in it, we don't delete it. If a thread is completely useless, feel free to remove it.
That's fine, as there are threads like the old ideas thread that is locked but definetly should not be deleted.
And how about one more rule: do not delete any threads until they have been locked for at least a week. That way no-one will miss them.
#
Idiota 19 years ago
I see you've been busy Zex? looks way better now!
#
ville 19 years ago
"ZeXLR8er!!" said:
And how about one more rule: do not delete any threads until they have been locked for at least a week. That way no-one will miss them.

I'll let you use your own discretion.
#
Quanrian 18 years ago
Depending on the nature of the thread. If the thread was found to be nothing but spam do not lock it, delete it. If you find a certain member is consistantly creating new threads, you should message them as well as lock the thread with a warning that it will be removed soon. I was looking in the Modding section and I saw two separate threads for the Werivar mod, regardless of if the original was locked there is no excuse why there should be two threads for one mod.

I've also noticed that as we've softened the way we handle abuse that it has increased. If someone is abusing the forum rules you are fully authorized to edit and/or remove their posts to preserve some semblance of order. Make sure however that if you do remove posts that you are not biased, remove any and all that continued or encouraged the off-topic discussion. You can usually trace a string of off topic posts to a single post, always remember to get rid of the root of the problem.

Be firm but informative when you're moderating. If you see a problem, don't simply point it out, offer a solution as well, that is productive. Simply pointing out a problem is not productive. That's all from me and sorry I have to be the hard ass I am
#
Forum » Should locked threads be deleted?

Your email:
Your name: