Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Spamming

Spamming

Quanrian 17 years ago
Seems there has been a recent hash of spamming from one or more users. They all seem to have spam in their name so I personally elect we auto-ban anyone with spam in their name since this person obviously lacks creativity. I must've removed upwards of 20 threads and 3 posts from some guy named Spamking.

It might be a good idea if we do something drastic, like limit how many posts new users can make. Secondly limit how many threads a user can make in one day. No one but us 'needs' to make multiple threads in one day. This should effectively cut the spammers off at the knees. That's best advice for now Ville, if you've got something better I'd love to hear it .
#
Idiota 17 years ago
I've been deleting a lot of adds from addbots too lately. Even 2-3 per day sometimes. I can handle it, but it's irritating nevertheless.
#
Quanrian 17 years ago
Yes, I noticed the newest member is Snuperr and his site is a drug site. Clearly an adbot. The best thing for that is just for Ville to ban them as he sees them. It's a problem unfortunately that all forums have to deal with and there is no easy solution.

I've looked at the memberlist, and curiously enough virtually every member joined from September 18th and onward is an adbot. I'm sure there are similar streaks earlier on. They're quite obvious as they have 0 posts in most cases. This is quite gratuitous however, cause that means we've got well over 20 adbots.
#
ville 17 years ago
The september 18th is because I deleted all bots on that day. I'm trying to do it occasionally.

Unfortunately there's no real way to prevent bots from joining. And I won't necessarily always know which ones spam because you've already deleted the threads. Try to PM me when you see someone that needs banning.

The only thing we can do really is to sit tight and wait for the new phpbb version which seems to take an eternity coming. It should have a much better protection especially against adbots.
#
Forum » Spamming

Your email:
Your name: