Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon bug: East Monastery quest state reset

Driftmoon bug: East Monastery quest state reset

Jeffrey Bosboom (guest) 10 years ago
After returning from the crypt, most of the quest state in the East Monastery has been reset. Annie and that green monk guy's quest state is intact (they're happy to be together again), but another panther is for sale, the piper doesn't have the hearing aid and the monastery door is closed, with the doorkeeper giving the "Why is this closed?" etc. dialogue options. The quest log is not affected (e.g., the hearing aid quest is marked as completed).

I can provide a save file if it's of any help in debugging.
#
ville 10 years ago
It sounds like the game hasn't been able to save the changed monastery map, or it has been deleted somehow. Can you check which version of the game you're running?
#
Driftmoon identifies itself as version 1.012. This is from GOG.com, installed from files named setup_driftmoon_2.0.0.6.exe and patch_driftmoon_2.0.3.10.exe, which are the most recent available for download (I just checked).

Your diagnosis seems correct. My current save is in the monastery and has a monastery.map file, but my previous save from the crypt does not. I copied the monastery.map from the save before that one into my latest save and the monastery state has been restored.
#
Actually, looking at my save again, only monastery_crypt.map is present; all the rest (monastery, musiccave, smithy, vault) are missing.
#
ville 10 years ago
I've only seen this once before, but I thought I had fixed it. That time the disk was full, and the game was unable to copy the required map files to the save folder, but now the game should notify you if it fails. (Actually it just warns you, and lets you disregard the warning.) That should actually be in 1.012, so I can only assume that this is some sort of a similar problem, yet subtly different. I will be adding extra precautions in a future version to prevent save corruption. I'm very sorry about your save game, I think it should be playable if you can get forward from the monastery, because the game doesn't require you to backtrack to previous maps before that. And thanks for letting me know about the error!
#
Forum » Driftmoon bug: East Monastery quest state reset

Your email:
Your name: