Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 42
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

    E_net4 5 years ago
    That reminds me we haven't played any sort of game together (the community as a whole) for a long time. Don't disappoint me this Summer.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    How about some RP'ed Space Empires IV with the Adamant Mod?
    #
    Pete 5 years ago
    And because I have no shame, I shall also put the link here.

    Do it...
    #
    Kario 5 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    That reminds me we haven't played any sort of game together (the community as a whole) for a long time. Don't disappoint me this Summer.
    Haven and Hearth? eh? Eh? EH?
    #
    Murska 5 years ago
    Europa Universalis 3?
    Some of the Total War series?
    Moar Civilization? (4/5)
    #
    Amarth 5 years ago
    Okay GOG just became crazy. They have EA on board now. They're releasing Ultima Underworld 1+@, Dungeon Keeper and Wing Commander: Privateer now and they're going for Crusader: No Remorse, Magic Carpet and friggin' Alpha Centauri somewhere in the near future.

    Like. Whoah.

    Worst thing is, I have most of those games and I want to rebuy them.
    #
    Crazy 5 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    Some of the Total War series?
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    Now that was pretty random.

    Why don't we have a Minecraft session or two? Now that the Nether works in SMP, we can actually form a fellowship or something. For great awesomeness.
    #
    Anonymous1157 5 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Why don't we have a Minecraft session or two? Now that the Nether works in SMP, we can actually form a fellowship or something. For great awesomeness.
    I'd totally join a Minecraft game. Building gigantic castles just for the hell of it goes faster when a gazillion other people are actively helping. (Or at least I THINK that's what would happen.)

    I've also wanted to play GMod multiplayer for a long while, but that'll fall apart in the planning stages because my addons folder is just over 6GB.

    (Also, HILARIOUS image macro. Even my mom laughed. *Saved*)
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    Gmod might be doable as well. The only issue is just that, the addons.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    Why don't we start a forum game of simple, non-werewolf Nomic? We can play it at any pace, it ends whenever we want, people can drop in and out whenever they want (if we choose so) and it rewards smartasses - basically, it's perfect for us. IF we chose to, I'd suggest opening a new subforum dedicated to it (multiple topics would be necessary - current ruleset, discussion, miscellaneous information at LEAST, probably even seperate discussion threads for every proposition).

    We'd start with this ruleset and just see what happens.
    #
    Kario 5 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Why don't we start a forum game of simple, non-werewolf Nomic? We can play it at any pace, it ends whenever we want, people can drop in and out whenever they want (if we choose so) and it rewards smartasses - basically, it's perfect for us. IF we chose to, I'd suggest opening a new subforum dedicated to it (multiple topics would be necessary - current ruleset, discussion, miscellaneous information at LEAST, probably even seperate discussion threads for every proposition).

    We'd start with this ruleset and just see what happens.
    Yes a new subforum specifically for our community gaming.
    This is a great idea. Now if only ville was on board with us.
    #
    Amarth 5 years ago
    For those that don't know it: we've played Nomic before. It kind of failed due to lack of good initial rules, I think, leaving it hard to stay involved. I might be biased though, I was host (eg I kept track of rules and gamestate, though I also played), and it's a fuckload of work - whole lot more than WW.

    I'd personally go for a more thematic Nomic, like what happens in the BlogNomic Nomics. It's currently on some kind of farmer theme (EDIT: it might be Plants vs Zombies in a second look), but I noticed Harry Potter, poker, even Lego on there. The barrier to entry is quite high though, otherwise I'd be playing there I think. But since they're going for 8 years straight now, it seems they are doing something right.

    And I don't think it's really necessary to make a distinct forum - we could go with a few threads clearly marked as belonging to the Nomic game, maybe coupled with some scripting or an external website if there's things we can't easily do on the forum.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    Well. I'm fine with it either way. I just really want to try it out in some form or another. I can't rely on my offline friends for this one

    I suggest something like that as base rules:
    Only one proposition may be discussed at anyone time, and anyone may propose something if there isn't a discussion going on (no turns, no-no). Discussions end when announced by the host (which usually happens when enough votes are cast or some time passed).
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    Well. I'm fine with it either way. I just really want to try it out in some form or another. I can't rely on my offline friends for this one

    I suggest something like that as base rules:
    Only one proposition may be discussed at anyone time, and anyone may propose something if there isn't a discussion going on (no turns, no-no). Discussions end when announced by the host (which usually happens when enough votes are cast or some time passed).
    I can already see people doing "Proposition get"s and not letting other people show their own propositions. So we'd need more than that.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    Penalties for propositions that don't pass are in. So if someone jerkasses around to much, he'll just get lynched by the annoyed majority. It's a pretty safe system.
    I just wanted it to be independent of each players' availability.
    #
    Crazy 5 years ago
    D'aww. I was hoping for a Total War game.
    #
    Kario 5 years ago
    RPGWatch.com and a forum post at Ultima Online Stratics are reporting that a new domain was registered by Electronic Arts called UltimaForever.com. This new site is currently a homage to the Ultima franchise and offers a free download of the classic game Ultima IV.

    At this point not much is known regarding this domain and what it represents for the future of the Ultima franchise. With the original Ultima IV being offered for free and rumors that Mythic Bioware are also recreating Ultima IV, this may be a site that will devoted to that release in the future. Regardless, you get an old, but great game, for free!
    In case you didn't know i found this somewhere....
    #
    Murska 5 years ago
    Hm. I don't think I'll have enough attention span for Nomic, based on a few attempts.

    Total War, the RTS series, might be fun for a Let's Play or somesuch. Maybe even a succession game? Kind of easy though. Playing it Multiplayer would be fun, though I haven't tried a MP campaign. Battles, I do every once in a while on Napoleon over Steam. I've also got Shogun 2 and I play RTW a lot, but not over Steam and I dunno if my netplay'd work. An Europa Universalis III Succession or Let's Play would also be fun.

    Or maybe Total War, the forum-game. But I'm so not GMing another one, and we'd run into the same trouble as always, lack of players.
    #
    Kario 5 years ago
    Why can't we just play normal were wolf?
    What's wrong with the original it's the best one i've seen so far and I think mageking did that one. Did he? The one with lightsabers.
    #
    Anonymous1157 5 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    Why can't we just play normal were wolf?
    What's wrong with the original it's the best one i've seen so far and I think mageking did that one. Did he? The one with lightsabers.
    I think everyone wants to try something different while we've got the summer to ourselves, and are more likely to be able to show up for these games.

    I'm still up for the Minecraft game, but that hasn't generated nearly as much buzz as Total War or Nomic.
    #
    MageKing17 5 years ago
    I just upgraded my computer, so I can finally play Alien Swarm if anybody still has that.

    Or we could have a Left 4 Dead 2 game some time.
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    We totally should. Just as long as you tolerate my long loads in L4D2.
    For Minecraft, we need to know who, in this community, can host a Minecraft server. I most probably can, but no one can trust my internet connection.
    #
    Pete 5 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I just upgraded my computer, so I can finally play Alien Swarm if anybody still has that.

    Or we could have a Left 4 Dead 2 game some time.
    Id be interested but I hear you people live in the more gun-happy corner of the planet... so, so much for that.
    #
    MageKing17 5 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    We totally should. Just as long as you tolerate my long loads in L4D2.
    For Minecraft, we need to know who, in this community, can host a Minecraft server. I most probably can, but no one can trust my internet connection.
    If we use Hamachi, I certainly have enough raw processing power available to host and play on the same computer.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    It's kind of settled, then?
    #
    Kario 5 years ago
    I like how we're cluttering the new gaming thread.
    #
    MageKing17 5 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    I like how we're cluttering the new gaming thread.
    ...With gaming discussion. Is it "cluttering" if you're using the thread for its intended purpose?
    #
    Amarth 5 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Kario" said:
    I like how we're cluttering the new gaming thread.
    ...With gaming discussion. Is it "cluttering" if you're using the thread for its intended purpose?
    Yes. If I make an 'everything' topic, would it never be cluttered?

    And even if it weren't, then this topic right now is definitely cluttered since Kario's post.

    Which is kinda weird because he cluttered by remarking how cluttered it was when it wasn't, however he made it.
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    Ok now, don't clutter the topic with offtopicness.

    "MageKing17" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    We totally should. Just as long as you tolerate my long loads in L4D2.
    For Minecraft, we need to know who, in this community, can host a Minecraft server. I most probably can, but no one can trust my internet connection.
    If we use Hamachi, I certainly have enough raw processing power available to host and play on the same computer.
    Well I could leave the processing to one of my computers and play in the other. The only issue is my internet connection, which isn't very fast nor rather stable.
    #
    harwe 5 years ago
    Use a Amazon EC2 micro node to host it. You get the 2.6GHz power, reliable fast bandwidth but only ~600MB memory costing almost less than a cent if you do it right.
    #
    Narvius 5 years ago
    Eeeek, Terraria update :3
    #
    E_net4 5 years ago
    Epiphanies happen. I was in my 2-hour-long bus ride when I thought of something rather epic. Henceforth, here's the thing: Are you in for another Werewolf game hosted by me? You might be thinking I'll screw up, but I've had the experience, so I'm aware of many aspects that I hope to correct for this one. Not to mention that I thought of a... special concept that is so cool I'm keeping it a secret until the WW starts. Whoever joins this one may then tell me how cool (or not so cool) the feature actually was.
    With enough players, it may start in the beginning of July.

    Edit: 2000th post, sweet.
    #
    Venom31 5 years ago
    2000 posts anniversary! Congratulations, E_net4!
    #
    Pete 5 years ago
    /me waves a tiny flag
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • 35
  • 42
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: