Register
Email: Password:
Forum » I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

kcwong 5 years ago
Hello, I'm a new player of Notrium. I can't figure how the modded subspace radio works. Tutorial said it will reveal items nearby, but both in the tutorial and in-game I can't see a thing, nothing in play area and nothing in minimap.

(Click for a larger image)

Where should I see blips of items lying around? This is my biggest obstacle in the game right now... I have a lot of trouble distinguishing items I could pick up from the environment. I have to mouse-over everything to see if it's loot, and night comes very quickly that way.

Could you post an image of the game showing the blips?
#
TNN17 5 years ago
Blips are the red spots visible on your minimap. I've editted in a large number of them as a demonstration, you'll see a cluster of them, faded at longer distances, more solid at close ones, like so:

#
kcwong 5 years ago
Thank you TNN17.

Turns out the reason is that the radio doesn't work in the tutorial... and in the real game I gave the hermit my only radio so I didn't have a chance to test it.

The hermit won't ask me for a gun though... in other failed games (which I didn't manage to make any guns) he asked. Edit: I found out why... the hermit only likes non-energy weapons.
#
TNN17 5 years ago
No problem, always nice to see new faces playing Notrium. Have fun!
#
E_net4 5 years ago
It doesn't work in the tutorial? Strange. Consider that it won't do anything if there are no items around. Also, make sure it's turned on (pressing the Q hotkey toggles it).
As for the Hermit thing, your theories aren't that correct. Maybe you should try to approach him as a human. You should also read his logs inside the house, which contain some useful info. This ought to make it crystal clear to you.
#
Forum » I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

Your email:
Your name: