Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Amateur Game Making Comp.
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • » next
  • Amateur Game Making Comp.

    Scruffy 11 years ago
    A working demo is now on my web site, the demo is an is early version and there are bugs in the game so if you find any e-mail me.

    Also I've fixed a bug in level 3 where the legs go in front of the body.

    <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Williams_leighton@hotmail.com">Williams_leighton@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    to anyone interested: PopCap games released their game framework, the framework being used in games like Bejeweled, Insaniquarium and Zuma. I'm going to check it out for sure . If I can make any use of it, I think I will... Might speed up development a bit .
    I learned a lot trying to code my own 2D engine... But nothing beats professional stuff when it is useful, so I'd like to see it. I hope it's a bit more understandable than the Quake 2 source code...
    Point your browsers to http://developer.popcap.com.

    -Amarth
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    Hey wow, that's great news!
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    just wanted to say that only 4 weeks are left
    for those of you who forgot it
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    I think I'll just release the tech demo thingy, and then start working on something in CoolBasic. Sorry, guys...
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    After several rewrites, I've scrapped my original project as well. Now I'm working on a Command Line prompt (like DOS, only better) and a conversational AI. Sorry, not even a tech demo over here. Unless you really want to see the title screen I came up with. Which I deleted. So you can't anyway. Ha.

    I'll probably forget about this game for a few months, then suddenly figure out how to make it work. It's happened before, and it can get really annoying.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    So the end is near
    I will upload my beta in the next days
    though it isn't like it should be till now
    but I think I will work further till it is ready
    I'll open a new thread for it and post a link here
    Someone else here who will release something?
    I just hope that I'm not the only one ^^'''''

    edit:
    for my game look at this thread:
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31454#31454">http://www.monkkonen.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1454#31454</a><!-- m -->

    I really hope someone will post anything till tomorrow O_o
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    It's 11 april here... And I have, well, nothing ops:. I have a framework capable of displaying basic animation, and some keyboard, and some mouse... That's it. Damn I'm lame.
    But I've learned a lot about C++ and OpenGL, and I've discovered the PopCap framework I'm trying to learn right now, and that's one hot framework... I actually aimed at releasing a tetris-game made with the framework, but the holidays didn't leave me any time. I'll try to make it anyway, even without the competition . And when I understand the framework, perhaps I can develop my idea in a lot less time. I hope so .

    I'm really sorry for those wanting to see some competition. It's not there . Perhaps another time. In fact, I'm dissappointed about myself, but I found another priority in my life, and I don't manage (for now) to combine her, school, youth movement AND my other hobbies... Lot of things I liked to do before (playing games, reading, programming) I simply have got no time for. Well, I'm making excuses . The competition at least forced me to start C++ programming, and for that alone I'm happy.

    -Amarth
    #
    HarmlessHermit 11 years ago
    "her"

    ????

    Well as for me, I don't have the resolve to go through with C++ right now, nor the incentive. It's been months since I made any real progress through even the most basic tutorials, and I've forgotten everything. Plus the Notrium fanfic, sucks up all of the designated "productive" time.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    It's 11 april here... And I have, well, nothing ops:. I have a framework capable of displaying basic animation, and some keyboard, and some mouse... That's it. Damn I'm lame.
    But I've learned a lot about C++ and OpenGL, and I've discovered the PopCap framework I'm trying to learn right now, and that's one hot framework... I actually aimed at releasing a tetris-game made with the framework, but the holidays didn't leave me any time. I'll try to make it anyway, even without the competition . And when I understand the framework, perhaps I can develop my idea in a lot less time. I hope so .

    I'm really sorry for those wanting to see some competition. It's not there . Perhaps another time. In fact, I'm dissappointed about myself, but I found another priority in my life, and I don't manage (for now) to combine her, school, youth movement AND my other hobbies... Lot of things I liked to do before (playing games, reading, programming) I simply have got no time for. Well, I'm making excuses . The competition at least forced me to start C++ programming, and for that alone I'm happy.

    -Amarth
    Even if you didn't get a game or something done till now it doesn't mean that you are lame
    just think about it
    this competition should just get you to try doing it and as you made some progress in C++ it got it's goal
    you can still make something good
    My holidays too got me a "little" bit of programming and i somehow loswt motivation but after a while when I again tried programming the motivation got back O_o
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    I never make games with motivation, just plain old hard work. You can usually get something done if you schedule yourself about an hour or two per day.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    "ville" said:
    I never make games with motivation, just plain old hard work. You can usually get something done if you schedule yourself about an hour or two per day.
    sometimes I work too without motivation but with motivation I sometimes work a whole day(after school ^^ or on weekends) or longer
    #
    void 11 years ago
    I've done nothing, just as I said I would when I left. I remeber when I suggested this and Ville said there would probably be only 3 people enter.... I thought I knew better.....

    I think we can all learn a valuable lesson from this..
    VILLE IS A WITCH! BURN HIM AND HIS FOREKNOWLEGE AT A STAKE!

    So does this mean NeoGangster wins?


    "Ville" said:
    I never make games with motivation, just plain old hard work. You can usually get something done if you schedule yourself about an hour or two per day.

    That's de-motivating but it's motivating to know we don't need that motivation...... AGHHHH a paradox! FLEE!
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    Since we don't hear anything from MageKing either...

    My vote goes to NeoGangster! That wasn't too hard . Three cheers!

    -Amarth
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Since we don't hear anything from MageKing either...

    My vote goes to NeoGangster! That wasn't too hard . Three cheers!

    -Amarth
    lol ^^
    that was an easy competition ^^
    #
    Quanrian 11 years ago
    I fully intended to compete, however many shiny objects distracted me in my que... Oh hey something shiny ! I'll look for your game Neo and it better be free
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    "Quanrian" said:
    I fully intended to compete, however many shiny objects distracted me in my que... Oh hey something shiny ! I'll look for your game Neo and it better be free
    ^^
    it's free but not shiny ^^
    #
    Forum » Amateur Game Making Comp.
  • « previous
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • » next
  • Post Reply


    Your email:
    Your name: