Email: Password:
Forum » Werivar Mod
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werivar Mod

Anarion 16 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Werivar mod is now dead.
    I wouldn't say "Dead" so much as "Completed".
    #
    318th 16 years ago
    I wouldn't say "Completed" so much as "Bugged".

Completed version should be whitout bugs. And i found 3.

I think that Werivar mod is an abadoned project. It's not compleated because it has bugs and some little "to upgrade" things. It's not dead because lots of players play on it I think. It is cool mod but if someone manage to compleate it, it would be better.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    there is no program without bugs i think..... that goes for modding games too man......

plus... you might as well say default is abandoned too...... since there are still bugs...
    #
    318th 16 years ago
    But its upgrading.

Abaddoned i want to mean: The project is lost because it was left by Uberwaffe.

Read last pages of this topic.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That's right, and if you want to fix/improve the mod, 318th, just do it.
    #
    318th 16 years ago
    The only problem is: I can't, dont know how.

I dont know how to script, to make maps, items...

I wanted delete the escape pod minigame and crashed it. Good i make backups ;d
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    "318th" said:
    The only problem is: I can't, dont know how.

I dont know how to script, to make maps, items...

I wanted delete the escape pod minigame and crashed it. Good i make backups ;d
    easy solution... LEARN how to mod here
    #
    318th 16 years ago
    I dont think so.

I understand half of it.

I can make own weapon, ai tactic, item. I can map with map editor...

But cant fix bugs.

Dont forget my english bad and i dont understand some words.
    #
    Tomba871 16 years ago
    I have nasty bug or some error in this mod. U guys never had so that u cant use psionic clarity, no matter what u do?
    I tried so many times to fix it, looked all possible faq's and guides but there must be something wrong with Items.dat or could new version of notrium itself have some effect? Im open to any ideas... [Problem Solved]
    #
    Stupid 16 years ago
    this is my first post, but can someone help tell me how I install a mod because if I unzip the werivar mod the notrium opening window wont work. Can someone tell me where I unzip it, please?
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    That's a good question, actually.

I'm just going t suppose that Werivar has both graphic and data files. These should simply be put into their appropriate folders, of which one will have to created, the mod's data folder.

That the gist of it, a step-by-step would be:

...oh, crap.

I don't have Notrium installed, neither do i have the intrawebular capacity to download Werivar.

But it shouldn't be that difficult... uh... okay... now, you should have a "data" folder. In it should be "default" and "tutorial" (i think), in either of those a bunch of files named with stuff about weapons and climates and stuff with a .dat extension (they're actually just simple text files.). Now, you need to go back to the "data" directory and next to "default" and "tutorial" create a folder named "werivar" (or anything, really, this just decides how the name of the mod will show up in-game), and copy all the .dat files there.

Now. I don't remember what the exact name of the folder which hold graphics is, but it should be fairly obvious (It's a folder with graphics in it ). In there, create a folder called "werivar" aswell (it shouldn't have any other folders, just full of pictures) and put all of them graphics there.

However. It might not work. If so, try putting the Werivar graphics in the main graphics folder.

If it STILL doesn't work, i've made a mistake somewhere. But no worries, i have said nothing that can't be easily fixed and people smarter than me may or may not post before you even get to read this one.

PS. Yeah, i know i could've made this post ALOT less text-heavy. But whatever.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    A more easy-to-read tutorial:

Step 1: Open the Werivar archive file.

Step 2: Extract the files in the archive to wherever you installed Notrium (default would be C:\Program Files\Notrium).

Step 3: Start Notrium, select New Game, and browse the list of mods untill you see "Werivar".

If the mod works now, skip to the last step (Step . If it doesn't, continue on to Step 4.

Step 4: Go to your main Notrium directory (which default to what I said), look for a folder named Werivar (or something similar).

Step 5: Go into that folder, select everything there (should be folders named Data, Graphics, Sounds, and possibly a text file labeled Readme or something) and press Ctrl+C (that is, hold Ctrl down while pressing C once, then release Ctrl).

Step 6: Go back to your main Notrium directory and press Ctrl+V (in a similar manner as you did with Ctrl+C).

Step 7: Perform the actions in Step 3.

Step 8: Enjoy!
    #
    318th 16 years ago
    If you of course got something to unzip. I suggest Winrar (find on google, its everywhere). Of if you using Windows XP it should have winrar.

Oh and i got an little problem.

I playing werivar on easy with alien to check his abilities and morph things. Going 50, 100, 350, 500, 800 nice, devour, feral rage, and other stuff. Ok! Now im based on Vanilla, need kill Dire Raper ;D I killed 3. How mutch exp i got? 800... Darn!

But going to my problem. After slaying reapers (this pink-blood-invisible-annoying alien) i dont know what next! Going to scripts... Need be in insulated areas. Going to communications array (insulated area) and exp not going. Arrgh! I tried everything (but not slaying queens and in dired up marsh spiders). Dunno what to do. Conditions are good (maybe little excepsion: Need have temperature lower than 0 and i play on easy!

Anyone knows solution?
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Afaik you should go to Hive and stay there. Your morph bar should slowly go up.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "318th" said:
    Or if you using Windows XP it should have winrar.
    For your information, Windows XP doesn't come with WinZip or WinRAR or any of those things. However, it DOES have a built-in file compression thingy.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    ...Which only works on .zip folders, naturally (curse you, Micro$ucks!).

Personally, the first thing I install on a computer is probably 7zip, since it handles pretty much all kinds of archives. In fact, the only thing I ever need WinRAR for is when I've got an archive that's split into .001, .002, ... .00n files.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Well, 0.xyz files.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "Cheater" said:
    Well, 0.xyz files.
    ...what.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Without that 0. My fault.
    #
    harwe 16 years ago
    what the hell do u mean by *.xyz, WinRar splits archives into *.r00 or *.000 not random extensions...
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    what the hell do u mean by *.xyz, WinRar splits archives into *.r00 or *.000 not random extensions...
    I do think he meant it the same way as MK was talking about the .001, .002, ... .00n file things, 'cept that they'd then go to .01n, .02n, ... .0mn etc.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Well, I use WinRar and it splits into *.partX.rar. Lol.
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Yeah, but 7zip can extract THAT kind.
    #
    Narvius 16 years ago
    Does anyone know AlZip?
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Enough, people, this topic isn't about compression programs.
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    I am having some trouble finding the power prism crystal can some one please shead some light on this situation.

Thanks Kilackh
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    Did you try the VC mining area?
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    Did you try the VC mining area?

Whats vc stand for lol and can you give me the exaact location please. im a bit thick
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    "Ville Corp". Quanrian added it in his mod ages back. He found the combination of the two rather oxymoronous, with Ville being this hempy, collected... Finnish person. From Finland. That speaks Finnish.

...yeah, Ville hasn't been around much for the past year or two.
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    like where is it exactally> so i can make the warp drill gun mate!!!
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    "Ville Corp". Quanrian added it in his mod ages back. He found the combination of the two rather oxymoronous, with Ville being this hempy, collected... Finnish person. From Finland. That speaks Finnish.

...yeah, Ville hasn't been around much for the past year or two.
    ...What have you been smoking? Also, where I can get some?
    #
    Anarion 16 years ago
    "Kilackh" said:
    like where is it exactally> so i can make the warp drill gun mate!!!
    In the VC base in the center of that area.
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    Thanks guys ill just try to take control of the base now lol
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    Anyone got any tips on beibg a weivar
    #
    Kilackh 16 years ago
    Oh and im smoking grass. Should try it get some paper roll some dried grass in it (that you have previusly put in a drinkbottle) then lick one bit stick it togeather then smoke!!!

Its the best
    #
    Forum » Werivar Mod
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: