Grim Reaper 19 years ago
Can you help me out with that?
#
Toko 19 years ago
what is 3D Blender?
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
It's Blender, not 3D Blender.

It's a 3D modelling tool, and I've heard that it could be capable of creating games, too... Not sure if that's a fact, though.
#
NeoGangster 19 years ago
I have heard about it too a little bit
you need to have python on your pc to program with it I think
I don't know anymore
#
eug1404 19 years ago
It's good for 3D Graphics, but unless you fancy programming your own graphisc engine(which i heavily advise against), your probably better off using Blender/Milkshape for graphics and then *insert language of your choice* with a game/graphics library(i.e Allegro is a game library, can handle practically every aspect of a game you could want)..
#
ville 19 years ago
I only use Blender for rendering, it's completely incomprehensible for me. For modeling I use Wings 3D (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wings3d.com/">http://www.wings3d.com/</a><!-- m -->
You can export models from Wings straight to Blender.
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
I use Gmax, but I don't use it very often. So yes I can 3D model, but do I 3D model? Not really, no.
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
Title changed due to change of modelling app.

I've made a simple thing with Wings 3D. While looking from a certain angle, it looks like a snowflake. While all the object-thingies are selected, it looks like a red snowflake. Here's the red snowflake:

Feel free to post your comments.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Title changed due to change of modelling app.

I've made a simple thing with Wings 3D. While looking from a certain angle, it looks like a snowflake. While all the object-thingies are selected, it looks like a red snowflake. Here's the red snowflake:

Feel free to post your comments.
Very intricate, nice work with hexagons i pressume.
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
Not a single hexagon in this one. I started it with placing a cube and a... the shape that looks like two pyramids (three sided, if you don't count the bottom) stuck together, whatever it name was. Then I selected all the surfaces, and mirrored. Then I selected the cornerpoints (made from the pyramid-thingies) and the sidepoints (the cube thingies) and again, mirrored. I did this a couple of times, and there's the result.
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
Not a single hexagon in this one. I started it with placing a cube and a... the shape that looks like two pyramids (three sided, if you don't count the bottom) stuck together, whatever it name was. Then I selected all the surfaces, and mirrored. Then I selected the cornerpoints (made from the pyramid-thingies) and the sidepoints (the cube thingies) and again, mirrored. I did this a couple of times, and there's the result.
Ohhhhh, fun with mirrors.
#
Doogsy 19 years ago
Whats a good program to render models made with wings. (I've never done anything with anything 3D before, so I really have no clue)
#
Grim Reaper 19 years ago
Ville uses blender, but I have no clue whatsoever about that...

Could someone suggest an easy-to-use program to use for rendering objects made in Wings 3D?
#
Amarth 19 years ago
Use blender. Really. It takes a while to get used to, but there are sweet tutorials (yes even video tutorials) around to teach you. Once you have it up and running, it'll go goddamn fast.
It can be used for a lot of other things, too... physics stuff, animations, ... Really big fun. But, as I said, don't get discouraged when you start it the first time . It'll take a couple of intense hours to learn, and that's only the interface .

-Amarth
#
eug1404 19 years ago
"MageKing17" said:
I use Gmax, but I don't use it very often. So yes I can 3D model, but do I 3D model? Not really, no.
I didn't see this before, but i'm pretty much the same as the above, i CAN but usually don't do any kind of graphics work that requires any more effort than using basic Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro, or "advanced" MSPaint .
#
AsdMaster 19 years ago
So ahhhh..........

Whats advanced MSPAINT
#
AsdMaster 19 years ago
WAIT I JUST NOTICED.........

I am a baby blue alien........ I cracked out of my cocoon.

whhhhhhhhhhooooooooohhhhhhhhooooooooo

Aren't I so CUTE!
#
UberWaffe 19 years ago
[OT]Please, don't double post, AsdMaster. If you want to add something before someone else replied or a day passed, use the edit button.
Double posts aren't good.

Edit: Don't want to sound nasty or anything. I apologise if I did.[/OT]
#
Marevix 19 years ago
Don't be so nice, UberWaffe. You're babying him. Asd, under the rules of the forum, it is clearly stated that double/triple posting is strongly disencouraged. While most people let it slip, it decreases your reputation as an upstanding citizen in this community.

I got Wings3d, but whenever I want to make something like a pencil there seems to be no simple way to go about it.
#
Doogsy 19 years ago
How to make a pencil

To me, I can't beleive how easy wings is. I've never done any 3D in my life (I treid max but gave it away). I'm learning in leaps and bounds.
#
MageKing17 19 years ago
"Marevix" said:
Don't be so nice, UberWaffe. You're babying him.
He's right, Uber. I used to be nice to them, but they just kept doing it. Sounds mean, but it's true.
#
UberWaffe 19 years ago
[OT]
"MageKing17" said:
Marevix wrote:
Don't be so nice, UberWaffe. You're babying him.

He's right, Uber. I used to be nice to them, but they just kept doing it. Sounds mean, but it's true.
Okay, I'll toughten up. But I don't want to scare them away.[/OT]
#
HEDIS 18 years ago
were can you get 3d wings?
#
Grim Reaper 18 years ago
Google it...

We be tired of your silly questions.

Now go before I feed my underpants to you!

And no, I will NOT give you ketchup!
#
E_net4 18 years ago
I create 3d models using Anim8or(<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.anim8or.com">http://www.anim8or.com</a><!-- w -->. It's easy to create models with it
#
Forum » 3D modelling with Wings3D

Your email:
Your name: