Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Trying to find older versions of Notrium.
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Trying to find older versions of Notrium.

Lunacre 18 years ago
    I'm trying to find older versions of Notrium (I used the search command, but I found nothing.). I found one topic where someone said that I should search at Gamehippo. I did that, but I couldn't download anything. Then I searched from Acid-play. Found it, but couldn't download it.
    So now I'm asking that where could I find older versions? (And please, no replies like "Why you just don't play newer versions? They are so k00l!!11)
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    The oldest one I've got is 1.2, so...
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    There must be something wrong at your end of the telephone line (assuming that you (like many (excluding me)) have Dial-up), because I remember the link at Gamehippo working perfectly. I have to go check this myself.

edit: Uh-oh...
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    "Lunacre" said:
    Then I searched from Acid-play. Found it, but couldn't download it.

I originally found the old Notrium download over there and thought this game was great. Than I tried to find the original site and got myself here... Never thought of spending my free time here

...and to answer your question, I successfully downloaded from the acid-play but I have no idea why you can't. Try it again or something. Heck, it worked on me
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    There must be something wrong at your end of the telephone line (assuming that you (like many (excluding me)) have Dial-up), because I remember the link at Gamehippo working perfectly. I have to go check this myself.

edit: Uh-oh...

Gotta say this...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    #
    Lunacre 18 years ago
    I tried to download Notrium again from Acid-Play, and got an error message like this:
    The file you were looking for could not be found on our download server. It is possible that the file was removed for some reason. Please contact the webmaster if you feel this file is missing in error.
    I guess they removed the old version of the game .
    EDIT: Yay! I'm an ant now!
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    that always happens to me on acid-play doesnt that mean they dont have the game themselves any more?
    #
    Matty, why don't you try Gamehippo and prove that it's his modem's fault?
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    on game hippo it comes up with page cannot be found on both of the notrium's that have been uploaded to it.well it does for me anyway.But on other sites it seems to be working fine.And on acid play it comes up with"The file you were looking for could not be found on our download server. It is possible that the file was removed for some reason. Please contact the webmaster if you feel this file is missing in error."
    #
    That's strange... you should DEFINITELY be able to download 1.2... well, the preview one is the one that matters in this case. Last time I checked, it had Notrium 1.0beta in it.

And before you ask, don't bother; Ville has already stated in the other three or four "old version" threads that he dosen't have it.
    #
    cobra_banshee 18 years ago
    Then cant any of you members that actually have it upload it somewhere? 1.2 doesnt lag as much as 1.341
    #
    The correct term would be "slow down", since lag is what you say when internet games are slow/choppy. I believe there was a mod index type thing with links to get the files... but it problably disappeared...
    #
    cobra_banshee 18 years ago
    No. The correct term is "lag". You can say that about offline games aswell.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    The correct term is "slow down", since lag is what you say when internet games have bad connection and stuff, so you cant even move and stuff, but its not caused by your computer. You cant lag with single player game, because it is not connected to internet.

Edit: In order to see WHAT is causing it, just have a look at your ping. The hinger it is the more you lag. However, when you have crappy computer, it doesnt matter on your ping, you just cant move good even if youre playing on localhost. That is called slow down.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Lag is synonymous with "slow down." It's just used so commonly with online games because offline games tend to run at full speed on modern computers. To "lag behind" means to hang back, for example. Lag is a correct term to use.
    #
    allkiller 17 years ago
    searched for a long time but found a old version ( maby even the first one ) on this link : <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f293.html">http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f293.html</a><!-- m -->
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Nice going, Ville! You got them to update the link! And allkiller found it!

If you want the beta version, go to Gamehippo and search for Notrium. Use the one with the green/black Preview label. That one is 1.0b, while the other, as far as I'm concerned, is 1.2 or 1.3.
    #
    Lunacre 17 years ago
    I still can't download it from Gamehippo.com. When I click the download link, it tries to download the game from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://koti.mbnet.fi/~bikez/download.php?Notrium">http://koti.mbnet.fi/~bikez/download.php?Notrium</a><!-- m --> . And that page does not exist anymore...
    #
    I just realized I already mentioned that here. I confused it with a new thred.
    #
    Arawak 17 years ago
    I found 1.0 send me an email if you want it..

PS: ill put my email in my file thing soon enough i need a good file place too though..
    EDIT:made a torrent leave it open afterward so i dont have to seed to infintum..you can get it here http://isohunt.com/release.php?ihq=notrium&poster=&cat=-1&id=42171
    you can get bitorrent here..http://www.bittorrent.com
    its p2p (duh) so it wont be very fast at first..
    (when you get bittorrent dont think about getting that other new game BAD!!!...BAD!!!)
    EDIT: is it working or are you guys afraid?
    #
    Fileshack isn't too bad, but your own server is always best.
    #
    Arawak 17 years ago
    Ive made an ftp with a max of 20 simultanious downloads so you will get a slightly reasonable amount of speed if time is't of the essence..

ftp:\\192.168.1.101\notrium10.exe
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Use '/'s instead of '\'s when creating URLs.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's the inner (what you see in LAN) IP, not the outer (what you see in the WWW) one.
    #
    Arawak 17 years ago
    Im giving up for a few hours and going to bed...
    things i need help with..
    whats the diff between inner outer ports when forwarding...
    getting this stupid nr041 router to work
    getting the marvell yukon lan card to work
    ...yukons is is 192.168.1.101
    routers ip is 192.168.1.1
    It decided not to work with no router
    meh i trust you guys more ip adresses! XD
    dhcp same as router...

now somone make a real long post with step by step instructions..

PS: \ instead of / was a dumb mistake.. just a lil too sleepy..
    #
    Arawak 17 years ago
    OK no one flame me for double posting nobody would find this if i didnt because its rather old..

Everyone thank amarth for letting me use the notrium 3d ftp for hosting notrium 1.0!!!!

http://amarth.p4host.be/users/arawak/notrium10.exe

Ville dont sue me please ...

(i think i uploaded right one)
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Arawak" said:
    OK no one flame me for double posting
    There's no need, 'cos your previous post was more than 24h ago.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Arawak" said:
    OK no one flame me for double posting
    There's no need, 'cos your previous post was more than 24h ago.
    In fact, it was more than 300 hours ago.
    #
    LunaticNeko 17 years ago
    Hah.

I have nearly all versions. Since 1.0, maybe? Okay these are all I have.

1.34 (RC)

Total size = >100MB
    #
    Zephyr 17 years ago
    I had 0.9 or something just below 1.0 on this disc I got that first introduced me to Notrium, but it's scratched and lost...
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    I think you didn't notice the fact that This topic is really old!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Notrium forum section has undergone changes, and nowadays resurrecting old threads is ok (or that's what Quanrian seems to say in the announcement).

Could someone upload Notrium 1.0 somewhere? I'm feeling curious.
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    I might have it... If Arawak had it on my server, I think I downloaded it. Not at that computer now, though. Expect it sunday evening.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "E_net4" said:
    Notrium forum section has undergone changes, and nowadays resurrecting old threads is ok (or that's what Quanrian seems to say in the announcement).

Could someone upload Notrium 1.0 somewhere? I'm feeling curious.

It has always been an interest of new and old forum members to obtain older versions of Notrium. Most of the people who had the files back than, still do. I don't see the relevance of pointing out how old a thread is. This thread serves one purpose, and that is to help 'anyone' new or old find out where to get older versions.
    #
    speedblade 17 years ago
    "Lunacre" said:
    Yay! I'm an ant now!

Well i'm an android. *Stomps hard on you with my medallic foot* *Fries you with a laser pistol*

Anyways, whats the use of the old version anyways?
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "speedblade" said:
    "Lunacre" said:
    Yay! I'm an ant now!

Well i'm an android. *Stomps hard on you with my medallic foot* *Fries you with a laser pistol*

Anyways, whats the use of the old version anyways?
    1st. Don't provoke new people!
    2nd. People might want to know how were the old versions!
    In fact, I would like to know what should I do to combine stuff in an older version. I heard we need to solve a puzzle.
    3rd. There's no need to use 2 Anyways
    #
    Forum » Trying to find older versions of Notrium.
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: