<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.roburky.co.uk/etc/Scavenger0.03.zip">http://www.roburky.co.uk/etc/Scavenger0.03.zip</a><!-- m -->
Biggest changes are the return of the hunger bar, and LASER EYES. The hunger drain is very slow, so you have plenty of time to get your bearings and start hunting the slug-beasts for food. The laser eyes need to be constructed, but I think they're going to change the dynamic of the game. Let me know how you think the laser eyes change how the mod plays.
Complete change log:
- Hunger bar is back (referred to as sustenance bar). Slug meat will replenish it.
- The wrecks now all have different ambient sounds.
- The music has been changed. It also happens to be a smaller file size, making the whole mod easier to download.
- New items found at crash sites: weapon chassis, electromagnet, food ration, propellant unit
- Food rations are available as an option to satisfy hunger. You start with a couple to make the early game easier, but ones available to find are limited (just like original Notrium, I guess).
- The projectile weapon is buildable, using the weapon chassis, propellant unit, and multi-metal.
- Projectile weapon rate of fire increased slightly.
- The player now has an ocular filter item, which is equipped to the head slot. When you have nanites, the filter is automatically equipped, and the red glow in front of the player is in effect. When you run out of nanites, it is automatically unequipped.
- The nanite link and the nanite cell can be combined to make an energy converter.
- The energy converter can be combined with your ocular filter to make Laser Eyes. This is an auto-equipped organ like the ocular filter, and allows you to shoot lasers from your eyes at any time using the right mouse button.
- New mini versions of the insects are spread about the world. Unlike the larger ones, they will not attack.
- Insects leave a little trail.
- Insects have fiery blood.
- Blue plants give the same effects whether they die from attacking or being attacked. They also have nanite particles for 'blood'.
- Blue plants are now more common around springs.
- Mosquito drone will now properly 'fly'.
- Mosquito drone's weapon has been tweaked in all areas.
I'm not entirely happy with the laser eyes. I would have liked more visual effects for it. But to get the constant beam effect, I have it firing very rapidly, which means having any kind of particle when it fires or hits would make a /lot/ of particles.