Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Need help with..(Spoilers)

Need help with..(Spoilers)

Death Knight 12 years ago
I just reached the smithy and there isnt any hint in me of how to open the door and get to the golem. Am i supposed to torch it with something that im supposed to create? I havent used any crafting so i have no idea if thats what i need to do.
#
Anne 12 years ago
You have to find the key to get in! If I remember correctly (we've switched it a few times during development) you'll get it from the Rakan soldiers in the other little building, just left of the smithy. And remember to search that building thoroughly, you might find something.... Perhaps there's a hidden entrance leading somewhere as well? Hope this helps!
#
Pertusaria 12 years ago
In the Gaunt Grounds, how do you get the d'gul (panther) to accept that you've killed her master? I keep failing, and it doesn't say what stat I'm failing on (or what the other reason is). I'm now intelligent enough that I can convince her I am master, but I want to be able to say I've killed master (which is true, after all).

I've beefed up my intelligence hugely, because I assumed that was the necessary stat, but maybe it isn't.

Thanks!
#
Anne 12 years ago
There's one option in the D'gu dialogue that requires a relatively high intelligence (at least 4), but I think you already tried that. Actually, it was a good thing you asked this. I've been thinking that I'd like to fine tune this particular little quest, but it's slipped my mind! Maybe we'll get to it before the next update, now that you reminded me of it. You're welcome to send us feedback, if you have good ideas for it!
#
Pertusaria 12 years ago
Yes, the bit that makes an Intelligence check is the "I am your Master" dialogue option, which doesn't even appear unless you're at or close to the Intelligence level required. The "I seem to have killed your Master" option doesn't have any skill listed next to it, but when Arabella refuses to accept this explanation (because her master, Elithran, is unkillable), her dialogue is preceded by "(Failed)". This makes me think that there is, or should be, a better result possible. I've tried animating the golem that I... uh, inherited from Elithran in the hopes that somehow this would prove I'd killed him, but it didn't make any difference. I don't really think it should have, because I don't get the impression that Arabella knew Elithran was buying a golem.

I'm probably strong enough to kill Arabella if I try, and I can make her believe I'm Elithran and she'll go off in a sulk, but I feel bad for lying to her, and it feels kind of wrong to kill something that's just waiting for its master to come home.

It's realistic for Arabella to refuse to believe me, but if it's not skill-checked or checked in some other way, then it shouldn't be marked "Failed" in the dialogue. Alternatively, there could be a small trinket that you take from Elithran's corpse that she would recognise, either with or without a skill check; this could cause her to attack you in revenge, or alternatively she might go off into a corner and grieve. I don't think she'd suddenly turn helpful, because from the rest of the dialogue she is loyal to Elithran.

I think the "I am your Master" option still has to lead to the best solution for the player, or one at least as good as successfully convincing Arabella that Elithran is dead, because it requires a skill check that's relatively high for this point in the game.

I'll be interested to see what this turns into! Thanks for getting back to me - now I can stop racking my brains for the answer.
#
ville 12 years ago
Thanks! I'm probably going to rewrite the D'gu character just a bit, to make it more clear what the whole D'gu race is like. I'll make it an actual quest while I'm at it.
#
Forum » Need help with..(Spoilers)

Your email:
Your name: