Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Ideas - Official Post
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium Ideas - Official Post

Quanrian 20 years ago
    Barriers are building blocks, and I can make them whatever you like they will still work the same exact way because of Notrium's collision detection. You cannot do oblong shaped objects, well you can.. but the collision is still going to be a perfect radius. I don't think I'll change them, they're just there if you want to use them. I'll see if I can't make them a bit more useful though, probably through the use of quick key so you can quickly setup a perimeter when you need it. The main reason the barriers don't have a true usefulness is that you never really get swarmed THAT badly, but trust me when I say I will swarm you in the new version if I can and you WILL need every bit of protection you can get, or you could just run

Expect the level of difficulty to jack up a bit in the upcoming version, because for one enemies WILL have immunity to certain weapons so you'll have to be smart about your weapons and actually learn what works on what.

You'll find one of the most simple, yet useful additions is going to be the Quick Key. Currently it is restricted to actual letter keys, but that may change by the time the final version of 1.3 is released, which is what I'm hoping since only using letter keys does limit just how many quick keys you can use, especially when A,W,S,D and P are already used right off the bat, leaving you with only 21 Quick Keys.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 20 years ago
    So you couldn't even make them a bit longer?
    #
    ville 20 years ago
    The collision detection is a perfect circle. I'm not planning on changing that.

Isn't the barrier currently a creature? And all the containers are creatures too. Darn, I've just made the new AI attack every creature that is not on their side, this will result in the aliens attacking all containers. The sides are marked by an integer, so maybe there could be some sort of a system to define some sides peaceful to each other. Sides.dat? What else could there be other than what sides the side considers friendly?
    #
    Eternal 20 years ago
    what about an electric barrier/fence?
    will they be able to do anything except block?
    #
    ville 20 years ago
    If it were a creature it could have an attack, and thus electrocute any attackers.
    #
    Crazy 20 years ago
    :>
    #
    Forum » Notrium Ideas - Official Post
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: