Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Torrents.

Torrents.

Leego 17 years ago
well i was told that we are allowed to talk about torrents, so.....

what torrent client do you think is the best?
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
I'd say µTorrent. Everything you need from a BitTorrent client, and doesn't take up much resources.

Also: As long as you keep the discussion legal (i.e. no talking of torrents to some full games, UNLESS those torrents can be gotten from the game's main site).
#
Leego 17 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
I'd say µTorrent. Everything you need from a BitTorrent client, and doesn't take up much resources.

Also: As long as you keep the discussion legal (i.e. no talking of torrents to some full games, UNLESS those torrents can be gotten from the game's main site).

i use it too, do you have any forwarding tips?

I think the fastest client, is the client that is forwarded properly.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
And by forwarding, you mean...?

If it's port forwarding, then no, I don't have any tips (working behind a bridged router).
#
E_net4 17 years ago
I also use utorrent. It works fine, but could be running a bit faster.
#
The Gemini 17 years ago
I'm using Bitlord. Works perfectly for me.
#
LunaticNeko 17 years ago
Azureus on main comp, and µTorrent in the USB drive.
#
MageKing17 17 years ago
I use BitTornado.
#
Zombie 17 years ago
Azureus here.
#
Madgamer 17 years ago
Bit Tornado-sies.

I'm having trouble with the firewall settings on bit torrent even if I turn it off. The speed as you all know is at a horrendous 2KB/S
#
Idiota 17 years ago
Azureus ftw.
#
varsi 17 years ago
Haven't used any torrentclients for a year now, but I think µTorrent is the best client. It's VERY light, doesn't eat performance, like, at all. And it provides all ye need.

And what I think about Azureus, well haven't even tried but I saw my friend using it. Its' c00l, but HEAVY. I'm not sure but at least it was java-based-client, which makes it so heavy.

And for linux, don't even think about using client with GUI, it is just so much lighter without it. BitTornado is good client for linux, you can use it in "textonly"-mode and with GUI, if the textbased feels too hard to use somehow..
#
Barebones 17 years ago
Utorrent, because I'd rather spend 16 hours playing a low resource game then 8 hours doing nothing.
#
Solus Lupus 17 years ago
AHHHHHHHH! Torrents! RUN! They are almost ALWAYS FULL of P**n and virises! RUN!
#
zerocoal 17 years ago
whats a torrent? by what im reading its something you use to share files with other people... my moms bf uses Azureus though, i wonder if limewire counts as one?
#
Amarth 17 years ago
Yes and no. A torrent is a P2P file,just like the ones you get with limewire and the like. However, a torrent has a central server (a 'tracker') that is used to know where parts of the file are on other computers. Advantage of this is that, instead of having to search the P2P network for files (slow and unreliable - researches graph theory if you want to know why), anyone with a link to the tracker (which is included in the torrent file that starts the full download) can immediately request the wanted pieces from the computers that have them.
#
zerocoal 17 years ago
ohh.. that confused me a little but the 2nd reading made more sense ^_^
#
ahrenjb 17 years ago
I use the standard BitTorrent client. It does everything you need.
#
E_net4 17 years ago
uTorrent Client happens to be good and it's low on disc space.
#
Forum » Torrents.

Your email:
Your name: