I'd like to be able to post in here. After a long hiatus, I'm doing some more work on my post-apocalyptic mod with the help of my friend. It could be a long way off, but within a day or two I should have a technology test showcasing a very realistic weapon system which is radically different from standard Notrium. It will have:
* Pretty graphics (including weapon and ammo graphics, gunshot lighting, smoke, and flash, dropped bullet casings and clips. also will have nice gore including various kinds of splattering.)
* Ammo is in clips, not in individual bullets
* Reloading of clips
* Different guns remember how much ammo is left in them
* Accuracy based on movement speed, and recoil (pretty sure I can pull that off, but I havn't started this part yet.)
* The beginnings of a more efficient inventory system (and in-game help explaining how to use it) (pretty much, you'll never have to move your hands off of the mouse and WASD, but still have quick, easy inventory manipulation)
So, at bare minimum, I will soon be able to put up a tech test mod with lots of useful code for realistic mods.