Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Speedrunning Notrium

Speedrunning Notrium

Crazy 17 years ago
Someone needs to make a thread about speedplaying Notrium. I just had a go at it:

Alien
Normal
Alien Queen ending
approx. 7:54, starting at the escape pod level and ending once the end screen shows up.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
Is that 7h 54min, or 7min 54s?
#
Crazy 17 years ago
7 minutes, 54 seconds...
#
Amarth 17 years ago
I agree, someone make a thread about speedrunning Notrium.

I would do it, but it seems I can't. Yay.
#
ville 17 years ago
That's pretty cool, I remember I used to blast through some of the easier endings in some 10 minutes when testing.
#
Crazy 17 years ago
Hmm... things you never noticed when playing normally really hinder you when speedrunning. I lost 3 minutes to the fact that it takes awhile before the game renders enemies that pop out from cover.
#
Amarth 17 years ago
Thanks for the split, Ville.

I'd suggest creating videos of the speedruns, that is always cool. You'll need loads of disk space, though.

We also need sort sort of classification. Difficulty, mod, ending, race all contribute to different possibilities.

Also, when and how do you time this? Start from the evade-the-missiles scene, or from emerging from the pod?

Oh, and discussion. I suppose Alien would be the easiest to speedrun. Is the kill alien queens ending easiest to get?

I think I'm going to be playing a lot of Notrium the next weeks.
#
GameFreak 17 years ago
You got inspired by me right?
#
Amarth 17 years ago
"GameFreak" said:
You got inspired by me right?
Yeppah. Strange that it didn't cross the collective mind of this community before (or not that I know of, anyway).

I've been looking at video capture software. Growler Guncam works, but is nonfree. Going to try Virtual Dub now, which is GPL I think.
#
GameFreak 17 years ago
Fraps is a good video capturing thing however it makes even the simplest game lag. so you would have to play notrium with like 12 fps
#
Crazy 17 years ago
I think we should count in the pod thing. As doing it REALLY quick means that you might get hit and lose your bonus, doing it surely will slow you down.
#
Grim Reaper 17 years ago
It should be from the end of the main intro to the start of the ending thing IMO.
#
Crazy 16 years ago
Hm. So noone else gonna spare 10 minutes and take a shot? :S
#
Forum » Speedrunning Notrium

Your email:
Your name: