Register
Email: Password:
Forum » problem with mods...

problem with mods...

exiled 14 years ago
This is probably simple and I'll hurt myself for asking something rediculous like this, but here it goes: when i download a lot of the mods that aren't popular (like tribal warfare) instead of the zip folder with all the stuff in it I get .rar folders that are written in a mostly unrecognized code/language (my comp. displays little boxes instead of actual characters). So my question is, Is this supposed to be this way and if so how do i convert them to the zip folder so i can run them?
#
MageKing17 14 years ago
"exiled" said:
This is probably simple and I'll hurt myself for asking something rediculous like this, but here it goes: when i download a lot of the mods that aren't popular (like tribal warfare) instead of the zip folder with all the stuff in it I get .rar folders that are written in a mostly unrecognized code/language (my comp. displays little boxes instead of actual characters). So my question is, Is this supposed to be this way and if so how do i convert them to the zip folder so i can run them?
RAR files are archives, just like ZIP files. You need extraction software that can handle RAR files, which Windows cannot do by itself.

Two popular extractors are WinRAR and 7zip. I prefer the latter, some prefer the former. Your choice.
#
Forum » problem with mods...

Your email:
Your name: