Forum » No Happy Endings (#09)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • No Happy Endings (#09)

Narvius 14 years ago
    Actually, I was trying to be funny. I *did* like it :3
    #
    Idiota 14 years ago
    These things are definetely getting better. I didn't really digg the first few (I didn't want to discourage you from making it), but the last ones made me smile.

Perhaps someday I'll even have a lol!
    #
    Crazy 14 years ago
    I best get this out now.

I'm really sorry, but there probably won't be a NHE this week. I've got a metric fuckton of firewood to move from point A to point B and i've got to get ready for Mütofest, a 5 day historical reenactment festival (I don't have any shoes yet!), which starts on Thursday. I'll probably try to make up for it with an extra comic next week or something.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    #08 and #09 are out (announcment is late-late)

So yeah, NHE is sort of on a hiatus. Not because i can't be bothered, no, i'd love to make more NHE-s, but i've no good ideas. I'm trying to remember to look for situations that can be put into comics, but alas, no results as of yet.

Also, NHE has a wordpress page, which has already been discussed on IRC, i'm not sure why i haven't posted about it here before.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Have you been learning french recently?
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Pour le français... Je pense que le dernier "ne" doit disparaître, en que "façon", c'est avec le C-cédille. Et on dit "d'une façon", pas "dans une façon". "Je voudrais le faire d'une façon interessante".

Although I might be wrong, my French isn't really perfect.

Also, I like.
    #
    Anonymous1157 13 years ago
    "Amarth" said:
    Pour le français... Je pense que le dernier "ne" doit disparaître, en que "façon", c'est avec le C-cédille. Et on dit "d'une façon", pas "dans une façon". "Je voudrais le faire d'une façon interessante".

Although I might be wrong, my French isn't really perfect.

Also, I like.
    Je pense que la phrase corrigé est mieux. Mais je n'ai pas entendu le blague. Il <<orf>> le morse code?

In plain English (HAHA I THINK THAT QUALIFIES AS A PUN AT THIS POINT HA), your fixed phrase does sound better but I didn't get the joke to begin with. Same discalimer; I learned French in school.

... In other news, #9 was definitely random, but I think it could have been coupled with some kind of punch line to make it funny.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    I'm not really sure about the French, i don't know enough to decide which one is correct. I asked my French teacher (yes, E_net4, i've been studying French, it's one of the 3 foreign languages taught at school (actually, the 3rd is a choice between French and German, but yeah)) about this one, so for now, i'll go with her suggestion.

Anyway, the joke? It's a pun - the phrase "le code Morse" could either mean "Morse code" or "walrus code". Hence the comic being in french.

And much of the whole point of #09 was to not have a punchline, instead be just wholly weird. Not one of the better NHE-s, but you can't win 'em all.
    #
    Oh! Now I get it. (My teacher never taught us how to say walrus. )
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    *pokes Crazy*
    #
    *Seconds the poke*
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    *thirds the poke just to jarate Crazy*
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    *also pokes Crazy just to join the bandwagon*
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    *pokes the bandwagon*
    #
    Venom31 13 years ago
    *pokes the scythe*
    *yells in pain*
    #
    *Throws in a pun for good measure*

#
    E_net4 13 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    *Throws in a pun for good measure*

*snip*
    What do we learn? 1157 always wins!
    #
    Anarion 13 years ago
    Ooooo, nice bandwagon.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    I saw that.
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    Ninja Release :O
    #
    Binky 13 years ago
    That is one impressive-looking bandwagon.
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    Okay, okay, poke proposed, seconded and passed! Consider me fucking poked, okay?

What?

There's a new NHE up post-poke. I may be making another one either tomorrow or, like, never, because i'll be drinking heavily through friday and saturday and will prolly feel hungover on sunday and i cure hangovers by DRINKING MORE and there's school on monday again.

I may have to whore myself out for the booze.

EDIT: Oh wait, no, there's no school on monday! Whoo, drinking time!
    #
    NeoGangster 13 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    ...i'll be drinking heavily through friday and saturday and will prolly feel hungover on sunday and i cure hangovers by DRINKING MORE and there's school on monday again.

I may have to whore myself out for the booze.

Sounds like a well thought-out plan
    #
    Crazy 13 years ago
    Uh. Yeah. Thinking. Sure, i did that.
    #
    Forum » No Happy Endings (#09)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: