Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Legend of zelda anyone???

Legend of zelda anyone???

shadowfire123 14 years ago
who here plays legend of zelda, (best rpg evr!!! )
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
Which one of them?
#
Narvius 14 years ago
I played every single one except Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, I think.

Enjoyed most of them ("most" excludes Majora's Mask).
#
why not majora's mask it has a great story line and you can play it and other n 64 games on pc emulators rock and so far i'd say twighlight princess is the best so far!!!
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
Well, I've played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap and Twilight Princess from start to finish, and found them all to be rather enjoyable experiences.

Also, I'm not sure if the Legend of Zelda games count as RPGs... More like action-adventure, if you ask me.
#
Narvius 14 years ago
"shadowfire123" said:
n 64 games on pc emulators

BLASPHEMY! GET YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES READY!
...no, seriously. There's a reason consoles have analog sticks.
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
"Narvius" said:
"shadowfire123" said:
n 64 games on pc emulators

BLASPHEMY! GET YOUR PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES READY!
...no, seriously. There's a reason consoles have analog sticks.
Gamepads, my good friend.

Also, I find it a bit odd that someone would play N64 games on a PC emulator. Usually, if a PC is involved in playing N64 games, them said games are played on N64 emulators made for the PC.
#
ville 14 years ago
Ah, I played Zelda number 2. That was a good one definitely. I didn't like the first one, it was way too repetitive for me. But there are more?!?
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
"ville" said:
Ah, I played Zelda number 2. That was a good one definitely. I didn't like the first one, it was way too repetitive for me. But there are more?!?
... You didn't KNOW that there are more!?!?

Anyhow, I had the original Zelda and Zelda 2: Link's Something-or-Other, but they were sold off before I was even allowed to play with them, as usual. Now the only one I have is Twilight Princess, but all I did with it was enable homebrew. I MIGHT have a few of the Gamecube games, but I don't remember what's in my console game library. I should have that crappy re-release of the first three games with the silver spine.
#
Narvius 14 years ago
Link's Awakening. The first one I ever played
You could enter level 8 before fully finishing level 7, obtain the super death rod of deadly fireballs from 8, and instakill boss 7. :3
#
actually the emulator is very good i'll post the link to a site that has the emulator and n64 games as well as other old game system emulators

[Links removed by mod, I do believe these are warez]
#
YOU DON'T POST WAREZ.

EVER.
#
E_net4 14 years ago
May I cut in?

ZeldaClassic
#
Narvius 14 years ago
"shadowfire123" said:
actually the emulator is very good i'll post the link to a site that has the emulator and n64 games as well as other old game system emulators
I prefer playing on my N64, thank you very much
The emulator can be as good as it wants, it's implayable without a proper gamepad.
#
you can change the control if you plug in the game pad via a cable converter
#
Grim Reaper 14 years ago
Personally, I've found the newer kinds of gamepads (PSOne Dualshock lookalikes, XBox360 gamepad for Windows) to be more comfortable than ye olde N64 controller.

And yeah, I'd play mah N64, but the bugger has stopped working. I'm blaming the power supply unit thingamajig. Would take it a part if I had the proper tools (super-special nintendo screwdriverthing), but alas...
#
Narvius 14 years ago
I like the N64 controller, but the analog stick is too hard. I ripped the soft tissue thingie off of my old headset microphone and wrapped the analog in it.
#
Sand it down and glue on a PlayStation-style nub. (You have dead controllers to salvage, I know it.) I've seen it done before, and it looks comfortable. I actually LIKE the default controller, though, save for the fact that one of mines doesn't have a fully-functional expansion slot. (It likes to erase rampaks.)

... While we're on the subject of N64, would there happen to be a way to create a rompack? It would save me so much trouble. At the moment, I'd have to play through Lego Racers or Doom64 in one go with limited breaks to ensure that I don't even need to worry about losing a save file to begin with. I've lost saves while the console was still freaking turned on.

Personally, I use a nothing-special-in-particular gamepad with six face buttons; THAT'S what one should use when playing an emulator, particularly one for older consoles. The only thing wrong with it is not having an equivalent of the Z-button, but I've heard (From Benjamin Heckendorn nonetheless!) that so few games use the L button that one can safely map it there.

For everything else, there's the 360 wired gamepad. (I kinda wish I had the official one, but I can say from experience that the MadCatz version is actually quite better excepting a lack of sensitivity in the triggers.)

Grim: You want a Gamebit. Alternatively, you want a whole new power supply. IIRC you're decent with a soldering iron, so you ought to go for the bit. Chances are you only blew a capacitor anyhow, and the same bit opens lots of console things. (Links go to eBay, by the way.)
#
Narvius 14 years ago
"Anonymous1157" said:
(You have dead controllers to salvage, I know it.)
The worst thing is, you're right.
#
oracle of seasons and ages are both great eluders of the peace aswell
#
shadowchild123 14 years ago
zelda forever was pretty good!
#
Forum » Legend of zelda anyone???

Your email:
Your name: