Register
Email: Password:
Forum » My first creation.

My first creation.

mexis8 14 years ago
Hello everyone im a very new person to the world of monkkonen.net, and im also very new to the modding of notrium. but i hope the if possible with the support of other we all could work as a team to help me creat my first mod. My dream of modding notrium was to create notrium with more story line and extra features wich im sure everyone els has always wanted. but i seriously put about 1-2 years of though into playing notrium. infact i've even started modding it not so long ago. but it's not working out so well. i need some peoples help for me to create this mod for everyone to enjoy. first off

(* i've first changed some of the sounds files e.g (groan0-3) and made them sound exactly like a dinours screaching sound when is roars making the action of being alone more...horrifing. but something went wrong. i've copyed from .mp3 which im sure is what im supposed to do. and i pasted these sounds to replace the old sounds and i named them e.g (graon0) to fit in the game. but when i start. theirs no sound of groans and/or roars. second of all. i've looked into the music of notrium and i've added some songs that work on .mp3 and they actually worked. but nothing will happen when i change some sound files? what have i done wrong. i was also hoping if someone could please send me some stronger and more smoother textures for all the metal floors. and if someone could possible create a word pad with infomation that will be a quick guide for me? just to get started. i understand how the notrium story goes. and it's very interesting. it makes the player want more. i figured just by adding a bit of infomation in places would and could make it even more interesting. i need help and i really want to show others my skill. i have played statergy/war games/survival/ and many other for other 10 years now. but even so im only good at playing them not editing. is their anyone who will help me?. peace i'll be back in a few days to see comments.

p.s

I wanted to add a choice of chosing your players name, inwhich could possible give a chance to set the story that way aswell e.g(* when earth blowed up in a supernova captin (tim) and his crew grabed their last escape vessal and travled to reinhabited another plante*) something like that love you all bye.
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Edit : things i will possibly adding to the edited version:
1 chance to fix some textures
2 choice of name for your player
3 quite possibly a new creature of choice.
4 new weapons and weapon textures
5 several different new marine/soldiers
6 3 planets of choice, and possibly escape from one planet to another
7 extra featres easter eggs and secrets will be added to each level.

Estimated time of completion.

6-7 months. if i get the time. im a very busy person these days.
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
You seem like a nice fellow, but have you also followed the forum for the past two years? Many of these enhancements are already in Werivar to the point where someone trying to do what you've suggested here might as well work off of that. The only suggestions I see a need to work on are 1 and 6. Suggestion 6 could be really easily done, actually. Unless you completely change everything on the other planets, however, it would only serve to make the game longer. That's where suggestion 1 comes in. We have enough graphically adept people on this forum to at least make some variations of the existing textures, and possibly make a few new ones.

... Alas, we've tried collaborations before, and we even had a coalition back in the day, but I don't think this is nearly as attainable as it used to be anymore, especially considering that we didn't actually do anything back when it was. If you show us an alpha release with placeholders for the new graphics, we'll gladly help, but we honestly don't know you well enough to assume you'll keep to your word and see this through. There's another similarly ambitious mod here where the author disappeared for months and just popped in recently to say "Hi, I've been working on this but it's still not ready". (No, not you, ZeX. That other one. You actually left us a real, working mod before you left! Hats off to you, good sir.)

However, even after having written this depressing post, if you can put in the first few stages of work, you can expect me to do at least a few of your graphics.
#
mexis8 14 years ago
it's my first mod lol. Actually for 2 years i've been only downloading mods. i understand how their is some mods already out with extra features like weapons and more story, but what im trying to say is i want this mod to be more mesterious when you first start, last night i already began moding when i stubbled apon the forums.

i then quiclky registerd to tell most people im going to be making a modification to the original story.
could it be that you possibly help me get some new textures?

Lets change the subject, i'll explain everything im going to be doing with a little bit more detail.

lol im just a bloke who doesn't even know how to do proper scripting .

i was hoping to make this a group project that others could help me with, like lets say another person gets underway with the creation of new textures and then they send what they've done to me. im pretty good when it comes to making the seen in notrium, i can really make good settings. i understand what your saying about suggestion 6 3 planets indeed would make the game longer but inmagin instead of missles small air crafts make contact with your ship? inmagin when that happens 3 alien-like creautures spawn. and thus all you need to do is throw in a few marines some fires and explosions and you have your first stage. , im asking you please help with this lol is it possible to find a programme that cappable of making textures o.o

edit: im actually a man who keeps his word. i have one question lol? how do i exactly post my work?
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Im not allowed to uplode my first new sounds for notrium their all .mp3 how will i show my work if it will not allow me to upload them? It's saying im not allowed to add extension mp3's?
#
Anonymous1157 14 years ago
Bloke, you say? Do you fancy tea as well?

Ah, so you've JUST stumbled upon the forums? That explains things. Do try to keep your mod under control as you make it. Many ambitious mod ideas have burned out because either nobody was willing to put the effort in, or the modder tried to get the new features all playable at once. Take it a step at a time, and we'll provide the enthusiasm and feedback to keep you going. I once modded Notrium long ago, although in the end, I have nothing but a non-functional alpha release to show for it. I may be able to help you troubleshoot should issues arise.

Textures are just images. Any old image editor with a working save button can be used to make textures. The game would even allow you to do everything in MSPaint and ship a mod with BMPs in it. (In case you don't know, they're HUGE!)

In order to show us what you do, you'll need to compress everything and upload your zip file to a hosting service. We've been using Mediafire lately, and it works well enough.

Unfortunately, a collaboration among a great many people is unlikely. We can hope for it, but unless someone shows a good bit of work to back themselves up, it's not that easy. Actually, most of the time, the ones who manage get their own mods going wanted to work alone anyhow. So get something working, and we'll see if you could really pull this off.
#
mexis8 14 years ago
how about? i post my work in a couple of days to you via email? and you take a look and go underway fixing any mistakes i've made? sounds good ey? im a team person. not a loner like some. i use to mod and even create old games in the past. but with effort and support i was able to make one beaut of a game, yet no one played it LOL im just saying i would love it if someone could give me a hand.
Edit: oops i've accidently deleded the hermits diary? where do i go to get it back lol?
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Actually i'll post a beta version for some people to enjoy the beggining of my modding, anonymous1157 i'll send you a testing version for you to test. and when i do so please if you can re-post me any ideas or graphics that could be put into this. 6-7 months is a very long time but im sure i'll create atleast 3-6 beta's before the final copy
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Well here are some examples of sounds instead of the old sounds E.g (groan0-4) and some other extra sounds that could be put into it, im unable to load the testing version due to loading issues, but i am able to load these, test these .mp3 sounds out and they should give you a scarey idea of what it will sound like instead of old groans and sounds back in the old notrium

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->New sounds.7z<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
#
Forum » My first creation.

Your email:
Your name: