Register
Email: Password:
Forum » HELP.

HELP.

mexis8 14 years ago
This has to be the most wierdiest thing i've ever seen,

Im not sure if this is a error, or some malfunction, but now when i start the game, and when your the escape pod, i can hear birds churping, and the map randomiz's the objects i've placed Onto it!

Can anyone help me out please?
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Here have a look for yourself, this is a uncomplete beta and was not supposed to be released intell next week, but because of this issue can anyone help me?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filefront.com/15054433/conquest%20beta%203%20unfixed.7z">http://www.filefront.com/15054433/conqu ... unfixed.7z</a><!-- m -->
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Looks like it's time for me to finally test your mod too. Hmm... must not forget to backup saves...
#
mexis8 14 years ago
This is a complete *uncompleted* version, infact it shouldn't even be called a version yet.

The past betas might as well be called tests, because i was just seeing if the links worked and if they can be downloaded, i have put a extream amount of time and effort into the making of this mod, but im starting to get SICK and tired of working by myself, then next beta release will most likly be my last, it's to much work copying and pasting, and scripting and editing and painting and bla bla bla!, i've asked for help, but no one is on or they won't reply!
#
Venom31 14 years ago
You have added object definitions for a metal wall 2 (97), log (8, and a tree2 (110) to the end of object_definitions.dat that collide with identifiers of already existing metal wall 2 (97), jungle ruin pillar (8 and just newly added bush (110) correspondingly. Remember that IDs should be unique. Post a reply if this problem persists with unique identifiers.
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Although i never asked for your help, i still thank you.

Unfortunitlly now their seems to be a even greater problem, Ruin piller seems to be clashing with my other definitions of the Log which i added, and seems to be clashing with metal wall 2,

i've changed the identifier but not even that seems to stop the clashing of these definitions,
any other advice before i release the next beta? i can't continue intell i finish the problem.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
Why are they clashing? The outright forward numbering like 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 and so on doesn't seem to make any bugs for me.
birds churping is the sound of ingame4.mp3, mysteriously in the music directory. I guess it's an ambient sound, not music. So now it is sometimes randomly chosen for playback in space.
I'm not sure about object randomization cause I didn't look at it in map editor.
#
mexis8 14 years ago
Yeah, i changed the identifiers to what they should be, infact i even deleted the ruin's, and i deleted the metal walls, and it still randomized different items at the beginning not only that, but now the log is actually randomized as different objects, they really get annyoing.

But anyway, it seems my modification was a failure and im afraid to announce i suppose i wont be finishing my mod intell i come up with a new story line, and help from other people, because anonymous never contacted me with those new texture or graphics, it seems he forgot perhaps.

Either way Im not longer releasing modifications intell i come up with a mod that i feel is strong enough to post.
#
Redemption 14 years ago
Is it the item textures that are random? Because if that's the problem you should check the textures of your objects to make sure you haven't made any mistakes there. If the Notrium engine can't find a texture it simply replaces it with a nearby one, which could be the problem here.
#
Venom31 14 years ago
No, the objects themselves are displaced. I've seen it myself as I entered the editor (for the 1st time ). For my unexperienced glance everything looks fine... Weird bug. Perhaps its roots are somewhere else, don't know where yet, however.

P.S. Object "Captain" placed on each and every map in each mod. Is it how it should be?
#
Forum » HELP.

Your email:
Your name: