<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.olog-hai.be/files/driftmoon-mod-switcher.exe">http://www.olog-hai.be/files/driftmoon-mod-switcher.exe</a><!-- m -->
Requires a recent .NET framework version, I think 3.5. Might require to be run as administrator if your Driftmoon directory is protected (eg in Program Files) or if you have the pre-order version (it requires registry stuff).
* Automatically tries to detect the Driftmoon installation directory! (If it's in program files)
* Remembers your Driftmoon directory! (If it behaves like it should)
* Lists your installed mods! (If nothing goes wrong)
* Change your current mod! (If the options file isn't too exotic)
* Install a new mod! (If you have previously downloaded and extracted it somewhere)
* Install a Light Mod, a mod which doesn't ship all the heavy files but copies them over from the main mod!
* Auto-detects Driftmoon version! For those cheap bastards who still have the preview version. Only semi-tested.
Created because I didn't want to mess around with administrator mode and notepad and everything. That sucked. Trivia: I first named it driftmoon-mod-installer but then Windows 7 kept bugging me with "it looks like this hasn't installed correctly!" so I just renamed it and now Windows 7 is silent. Sometimes I wonder what kind of drugs they distribute at Microsoft.
15/11/2010: Add support for pre-order version, which uses the registry to store the current mod
01/09/2010: Color-code the listbox and remove the current mod UI elements, "please wait" window gets closed on error now
30/08/2010: Add installing from light mods, add log output, fix some bugs
18/06/2010: Initial release
Under GPL v3. Found at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://github.com/verhoevenv/driftmoon-mod-switcher">http://github.com/verhoevenv/driftmoon-mod-switcher</a><!-- m -->
Make sure Driftmoon is not running. Run from anywhere, probably as administrator. Click "change" on the top right if the detected Driftmoon directory is wrong or doesn't appear. The current mod (in the options file of Driftmoon) is shown in bold in the list. Doubleclick in the list of installed mods on the mod you want to switch to. Start Driftmoon and play mod. To install a new mod, download the mod, unzip or unrar to somewhere, then click "install downloaded mod [...]", navigate to the extracted folder and the mod should be installed.
The list is color-coded:
* Bold means the mod currently playing
* Default black means the mod is ok and can be made the play mod
* Gray means the mod is missing some dependencies, based on the readme. Double-click to install the dependencies
* Red means at least one dependency of the mod could not be found in mainmod. This should not happen
* Green means this is not a mod directory, but has a mod directory one level down. This is for those weird people who package their mod like this and then extract the mod in the Driftmoon folder, thinking the program can magically detect what is going on. Well, it can now. Double-click to install the mod properly.
* Purple means a directory that is none of the above. Like when you stash your porn in the Driftmoon directory.
Report bugs in this thread or on IRC. I am not responsible for damage but I doubt any will be caused. Not serious damage anyway.
* It is absolutely possible to install random directories as "mods", then probably get Driftmoon to crash. There's a basic check built in but just don't do this.
* Messed up options.ini files might cause the tool to get confused
* Not sure what happens when you install a mod that already is installed.
* The refresh mods button doesn't actually work.
Feature requests also here or on IRC, but preferably here.
* Needs a progress bar when installing mods.
* Making it download and install mods (ie a modbrowser) is a possibility but not needed with the fewmods we have now, and perhaps that problem already will get solved by Ville.
* I might support unzipping automatically. Not unrarring though. Licensing issues.
* Might profit from some tooltips in addition to the color-coding.
Current mods (pre-order version):
Current mods (preview version):
Port Potomac by Pete
Trials of Darkness by Endymion (newest version has compatible light versions)