Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Greatest country in the world? I think you know which.

Greatest country in the world? I think you know which.

MageKing17 13 years ago
Newsweek recently ranked the world's countries according to several factors (education, health, quality of life, etc.). For convenience, I've reproduced the top 20 here.

1. Finland
2. Switzerland
3. Sweden
4. Australia
5. Luxembourg
6. Norway
7. Canada
8. Netherlands
9. Japan
10. Denmark
11. United States
12. Germany
13. New Zealand
14. United Kingdom
15. Korea, South
16. France
17. Ireland
18. Austria
19. Belgium
20. Singapore

Being something of a cynic myself (especially about politics) I'm not terribly surprised to see my country at number eleven. I am somewhat surprised to see the United Kingdom below us... I would not have expected that.

Of course, nobody should be surprised by the number one spot.
#
Narvius 13 years ago
What? No Poland in there? I'm so terribly, terribly disappointed. xD
(actually... no. I'd be disappointed if it WAS in there.)

[Edit]
So, Poland's 29th. With a pretty high score for... political environment?
Seriously?

I mean, for real?
Okay, it's probably normal to think that your own politicians are the lowest of low, but still...
What the goodyear.
#
MageKing17 13 years ago
"Narvius" said:
Okay, it's probably normal to think that your own politicians are the lowest of low, but still...
What the goodyear.
I can safely guarantee they're better than ours. >_<
#
Narvius 13 years ago
But they're trying hard not to be...
(actually, not only the politicians. 95% of the population, actually.)
#
harwe 13 years ago
Wow, Australia is 4th. So glad to be an Australian.
#
E_net4 13 years ago
I was expecting my country to be in the bottom 20 before I checked the website, but it appears to be in the 27th place.
#
Pete 13 years ago
Huh, Czech republic is doing a lot better than I expected...
#
The Gemini 13 years ago
What, Norway is not on the top anymore? What's the deal with that? Taking a closer look at the statistics I see we still rank the highest in quality of life. Though you guys take the lead in education, as you guys always do.

But then again, the differences between the top 10 countries are so small that I guess in a practical sense all of them ranks number 1. So lets celebrate the greatness of the Nordic social democracy!
#
thomaz117 13 years ago
america should be last like wtf we irish aint better than americans

nor UK
#
harwe 13 years ago
"thomaz117" said:
america should be last
Well, it shouldn't be dead last, at least they are better than 3rd world countries *cough* One Trillion Dollar note *cough*, but are slowly losing to developing countries like China.
#
Vacuus 13 years ago
"harwe" said:
Wow, Australia is 4th. So glad to be an Australian.

Even with all the recent election crap?

I still say that we'd be better off annexing Tasmania so that it can form a separate nation and I can finally start that feudalistic dictatorship I've been dreaming about.... Monkkonen.net members would be given advisory positions and some would also function as diplomatic emisseries if unwilling to leave their lesser home country, though I could not offer exclusivity in either as there are several other competing forums of varying degrees of intelligence and immaturity that are better suited to certain tasks.

Even swamped my local mayor in the street the other day, we talked for a bit but I don't think he quite understood exactly how the arrangement was meant to work. Things got a little heated, and just now I got this silly letter saying something about remaining 60ft away "at all times" despite me explictly telling him to "stop trespassing on my country" from across the street whilst hurling a filled McDonalds coffee cup towards his unsuspecting tailored suit.

Visiting the premier at his home tomorrow morning to discuss the next step, have to get there between 3 and 4 AM as I also have to meet Nick McKim at 7:30 at his children's primary school to discuss what part the Greens will play in all of this.

Will keep you updated.
#
Anarion 13 years ago
Sounds like a good plan.

I'll vote for you.
#
Forum » Greatest country in the world? I think you know which.

Your email:
Your name: