Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...

Narvius 13 years ago
    I missed all the interesting stuff, eh. Lynch Vacuus.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    "Murska" said:
    And lynching based on percentages is as good as anything we got right now. The actual role of the player is chosen based on the probabilities in the percentages. So player nine has over 50% chance of turning out to be evil if lynched, and any evil player lynched is a large advantage for the good guys.

The issue actually being that I am not number nine, have given you a viable alternative of who to lynch (actually, several. The actual player nine which is likely Endymion/Grim and E_Net4 whom I scanned previously) and yet you still refuse to listen.

If I'm still lynched and you realise that I am indeed player 10, player 9's percentages will have changed and that'll be their excuse to come forwards and say "I'm no longer a threat; player X has worse percentages!!"; at that point player X will dispute the others claim as it's convenient for them to do so and the cycle will continue until the numbers have converged sufficiently to the point where it's no longer possible to alter anything.

But hey, just remember to kick yourselves for me when you realise you made a mistake.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    The cycle will continue until we have solid information on who everyone is. It's your own fault for not claiming a number when asked to, and only doing so when you found yourself in trouble: nobody's gonna believe you anymore.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    What, you expected me to say "Hey guyz I'm number 10 and I have the highest percentage of being evil! Lynch mee!!"? At the time I also had to consider the fact that I was a wolf and had to act accordingly. What else could have I of done? Said nothing and let others assume I was player 10 anyway(someone had already done so IIRC)? Suspicion was being cast on me anyway, I did what I had to to make it through the round.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    You were a wolf? IIRC, Player 10 had about 35% odds of being one, last round.

In other news, once you're lynched at least we'll know.
    #
    Vacuus 13 years ago
    10 57.17% 42.83% 0.00%

Which was the highest percentage of the round, and that's all you seem to be basing your votes on rather than what one person or another discovered in their seer visions.
    #
    Murska 13 years ago
    Yes. Since Seer visions are pretty much completely useless, considering the miniscule chances of that person actually being the seer, and the fact that they already affect the percentages accordingly so by making my decisions based on percentages I take into account the seer visions.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    Well, this is a bizarre turn of events. Nobody's arguments seemed to have any merit whatsoever, except slightly Vacuus's. In fact, I also had a negative seer vision about E_net4, so I'm going to go against the bandwagon and vote E_net4, because while one seer vision means absolutely jack squat, two seer visions is slightly more meaningful (not much more, I'll grant you, but more).
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    This. This is madness. You cannot trust yourself anymore. You cannot trust anyone else either. You don't know what you are but you don't know what anyone else is. Your research plunged the world into the abyss. Can you still redeem yourself?

The plan. Stick with the plan. Silence everyone. There. The next victim. Vacuus.

You don't have to think about this anymore. The wolf inside you takes over, you have no voluntary control over your actions. There is only one way to describe the murder: inhuman. With a force not known to any man, you grapple, claw and bite whatever part you can get. Not much is left except for blood. A lot of blood, on the floor, the walls, yourself. Even on the ceiling. You momentarily think about the required forces to get blood on the ceiling, then conclude it's not improbable.

You think about that moment of clarity when you fought (or rather, assaulted) Vacuus. As if the universes of your calculations suddenly converged on one point around him, making you feel something profound happened. You shrug it off. How can you let yourself be influenced by some subjective notions in your current state of mind? Keep with the facts!

Votes:
    E_net4: MageKing17, Vacuus
    Narvius: Kario
    Vacuus: E_net4, Endymion, Grim, Murska, Narvius

Vacuus died, he was the Alpha Wolf.
    Because of this, Kario and Murska also die, they were both Villagers.

Beta Wolf becomes dominant now. Not that it really matters I guess since no-one knows who it is.

I will notify people who can't use a certain role anymore. If you don't get a PM (and you are still alive), assume you can do all your night actions.

Night until Monday, 23h59 PM.
    #
    Pete 13 years ago
    *munches popcorn, grins*

Absolutely brilliant to watch this. Hopefully no one minds this comment.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    Why do I die!?
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    Why do I die!?
    Because a werewolf attacked you, obviously.

Granted, we didn't know he was a werewolf back then, but we do know it now, so you still die.

Yeah, quantum mechanics... Be happy you got those few extra days!
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "Kario" said:
    Why do I die!?
    In Quantum werewolf, the exact state of the game is uncertain. This is why we have all those probability percentages. When Vacuus's role resolved to "werewolf", all universes in which Vacuus was not a werewolf collapsed, and in all universes in which Vacuus was a werewolf, you were dead. So you died.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    Vacuus why did you target me?
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Be silent now, it's night time. Also, why are you even trying to talk to dead people? Perhaps you meant Narvius, but the previous sentence still stands.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    Be silent now, it's night time.
    He shouldn't be silent because it's nighttime, he should be silent because he's dead.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    But everyone else should be silent because it's night.

Or because they're dead.

Or not in the game.

Or have nothing interesting to say ANYWAY.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Sleep is for the weak. The weak have no business here. But you do. You feverishly end your proof. A little square. Everyone must die. QED.

It seems that you are not the only one who has come to this conclusion. In a sane universe (multiverse?), the police would have been all over this, the conference canceled, everyone sent home. Five murders by now. Five scientists remain. No time to lose.

The sun. Right. Daybreak already. There's no need to rush to the conference room anymore. Everyone has done this exercise too many times to count now, and the maths became a lot simpler after the first death. So everyone has his own copy of the cursed table, constantly recalculated with every little observation, every fact. At the moment, it looks like:
    Player  Good     Evil     Dead   
    1 50.00% 50.00% 50.00%
    2 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    3 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    4 100.00% 0.00% 50.00%
    5 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    6 50.00% 50.00% 0.00%
    7 75.00% 25.00% 0.00%
    8 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    9 25.00% 75.00% 0.00%
    10 0.00% 100.00% 100.00%
    A thought crosses your mind. No-one must ever know about the man/wolf duality. That means all the work must be destroyed. Here. But also at the universities of the attendees. Their homes. What if their families know? You can't have their children rediscovering these theories.

And you cannot trust anyone in this task but yourself. Once the conference is done, there's still a lot of work left...

Day until Friday 23h59 GMT.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Cool! All my visions have been true. Murska, Kario and Mageking all are/were good according to my visions!
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    And according to my visions, MageKing17, E_net4 and Narvius are good. Therefore, if either of us are the seer, MageKing17 is good.

Updated tablethingy:
    #   Name        Role  Good/Evil  Dead
    1 ?E_net4 ? 50/50 50
    2 !Speedblade vlg 100/0 100
    3 Kario vlg 100/0 100
    4 ?MageKing17 ? 100/0 50
    5 !Anarion vlg 100/0 100
    6 ?Grim ? 50/50 0
    7 ?Narvius ? 75/25 0
    8 Murska vlg 100/0 100
    9 ?Endymion ? 25/75 0
    10 !Vacuus w(A) 0/100 100

!=absolute certainty
    ?=claim/deduction
    =uncertain but irrelevant

(I've only labeled myself with a ? because I have no definitive proof, what with being alive and all that)
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    My scries told me that MK is good as well.
    Endymion is evil according to mine, so that increases the chance that he's #9.

There are four universes left now, I guess, and one wolf.

#   Name       G/E  D
    1 E_net4 2/2 2
    4 MageKing17 4/0 2
    6 Grim 2/2 0
    7 Narvius 3/1 0
    9 Endymion 1/3 0
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    "Narvius" said:
    My scries told me that MK is good as well.
    Endymion is evil according to mine, so that increases the chance that he's #9.

There are four universes left now, I guess, and one wolf.

#   Name       G/E  D
    1 E_net4 2/2 2
    4 MageKing17 4/0 2
    6 Grim 2/2 0
    7 Narvius 3/1 0
    9 Endymion 1/3 0
    Actually, since the amount of evils in that table adds up to 8, I'd say there's TWO wolves and four universes.

But yeah, player #9 (most likely Endymion) is a wolf in most of those universes, so...
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    They don't need to----- oh, wait. You're right.
    The other possiblity is eight universes and one wolf. But you're right, Endymion is most likely a / the wolf.
    I'll wait for others to say something first, though.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    The reason everyone scries me as good is because my evil percentage is 0%. I'd like to take this moment to reveal my seer vision results before my death percentage hits 100% (keep in mind being good doesn't necessarily mean being the seer):

[list][*]Grim Reaper - Good[/*:m]
    [*]E_net4 - Evil[/*:m]
    [*]Narvius - Good[/*:m]
    [*]Endymion - Evil[/*:m][/list:u]

Keep in mind once again that I'm not guaranteed to be the seer and I've never scanned the same person twice, so people I scanned as good could be evil and vice versa.

Given that Endymion seems to be the likely candidate for player #9, however, I'm going to vote to lynch Endymion.
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Interesting. My latest kill was E_net so if I turn out to be evil he'll be a (dead) villager meaning Grim or Narvius will be a seer and the other one will be a wolf(assuming I wasn't the last one) and Mageking will be a villager.

If I somehow am good(Vacuus had only about 6.50% better chance of being evil) E_net and/or Grim will most likely be evil.

If we for some reason lynched E_net and he'd be evil I'd become 100% good and if he's good I'd be 100% evil I suppose.

If it was Grim who got lynched then hmm... my %s would go to 33 and 66... I think.

Hmm I think I'm going to suggest we lynch E_net. Since the last person to vote for himself wasn't received very well.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    Sorry, but you're still the most evil physicist. Sure, the consequences are predictable, but who cares. Voting to lynch Endymion.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I rolled a d4. It said I should lynch Endymion.
    #
    Amarth 13 years ago
    Heh. This is easy. Just look at the table, pick the most evil person except you, kill him. What could ever go wrong? You work down the list. Not many scientists remaining here now, are there? There is one other, but you know he joined your cause, you know he also wants to eradicate the idea of the man/wolf duality from the face of Earth.

And the conference ends. Phase two of the plan starts: those directly related to the scientists here must be silenced. They know too much. Even if they don't, they might start digging and they will find out. No. The research must never be found. Kill them.

Phase three. The relations of the related. The probabilities of them rediscovering the whole theory are low, but you can't risk it. Better safe than sorry. They must go down.

It only takes six phases before you are absolutely sure.

Votes:
    Endymion: E_net4, MageKing17, Narvius
    E_net4: Endymion

Endymion gets lynched, he was the Seer.

This made the table
    Player  Name        Good     Evil     Dead   
    1 E_net4 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    2 Speedblade 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    3 Kario 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    4 MageKing17 100.00% 0.00% 0.00%
    5 Anarion 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    6 Grim 0.00% 100.00% 0.00%
    7 Narvius 0.00% 100.00% 0.00%
    8 Murska 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    9 Endymion 100.00% 0.00% 100.00%
    10 Vacuus 0.00% 100.00% 100.00%
    so the werewolves won. Okay *technically* if the werewolves voted wrong during the night (ie on each other) the entire multiverse would collapse I guess, or if they didn't vote and then somehow managed to get one lynched because the player number to names map is "not known" and because they suck at this game, yeah, they might still have lost. But I decided against another day of this.

I am preparing a post-mortem analysis, but I'd like to hear your comments too. Maybe better say them before I post my wall of text and bias you all. Shoot.

EDIT: added names to the table. Obviously. Sorry.
    #
    MageKing17 13 years ago
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

That's it, I officially hate Quantum Werewolf.
    #
    Kario 13 years ago
    narvius was a facking wolf right?
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    Wrong, I became one when Endymion died ;P

Also, some tasty MageKing for dinner tonight! xD
    #
    Endymion 13 years ago
    Awesome. I was thinking of asking everyone what did they scry to try to determine who the seer was but decided not to bother since they all would've probably gotten at least one or two correct visions since they didn't care about me getting three correct.
    #
    Grim Reaper 13 years ago
    Well that was certainly an... interesting werewolf game.
    #
    Narvius 13 years ago
    I wouldn't call it werewolf, though. Gameplay is completely different.
    #
    E_net4 13 years ago
    It's different, and don't forget to mention bizarre, despicable, hateful and <insert more adjectives involving hate here>.
    For a moment I thought I was becoming a werewolf. I was dead in 50% of the universes, and 50% good. If it wasn't for Amarth randomly collapsing universes, I would've been a wolf in that moment for sure.

What really screwed me is the "lucky" shot of Endymion turning into a seer with such a chance. Gotta hate statistics, heh?
    #
    Forum » Werewolf 9 - So this physicist walks into the h-bar...
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: