Register
Email: Password:
Forum » I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

kcwong 12 years ago
Hello, I'm a new player of Notrium. I can't figure how the modded subspace radio works. Tutorial said it will reveal items nearby, but both in the tutorial and in-game I can't see a thing, nothing in play area and nothing in minimap.

(Click for a larger image)

Where should I see blips of items lying around? This is my biggest obstacle in the game right now... I have a lot of trouble distinguishing items I could pick up from the environment. I have to mouse-over everything to see if it's loot, and night comes very quickly that way.

Could you post an image of the game showing the blips?
#
TNN17 12 years ago
Blips are the red spots visible on your minimap. I've editted in a large number of them as a demonstration, you'll see a cluster of them, faded at longer distances, more solid at close ones, like so:

#
kcwong 12 years ago
Thank you TNN17.

Turns out the reason is that the radio doesn't work in the tutorial... and in the real game I gave the hermit my only radio so I didn't have a chance to test it.

The hermit won't ask me for a gun though... in other failed games (which I didn't manage to make any guns) he asked. Edit: I found out why... the hermit only likes non-energy weapons.
#
TNN17 12 years ago
No problem, always nice to see new faces playing Notrium. Have fun!
#
E_net4 12 years ago
It doesn't work in the tutorial? Strange. Consider that it won't do anything if there are no items around. Also, make sure it's turned on (pressing the Q hotkey toggles it).
As for the Hermit thing, your theories aren't that correct. Maybe you should try to approach him as a human. You should also read his logs inside the house, which contain some useful info. This ought to make it crystal clear to you.
#
Forum » I don't understand how to use the modded subspace radio

Your email:
Your name: