Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Introductions..

Introductions..

Areetsa 10 years ago
..not sure if this is the right place, and it seems a little rude to stick this here, but eh, what the frak. Only live once in this world anyway.

So; blah, blah, 16 years old, been lurking intermittently for about 3-4 years, mainly in the Notrium Modding subforum, decided to join and have a go at it myself.

I just want to mention a few things about myself, though, to prevent any misunderstandings;
Item the first: I have a rather blunt way of communicating, which has led to problems in the past. Gordian knots and the chopping thereof, etcetera.
Item the second: I happen to be a bit eccentric, particularly for my age group. But given what I've seen of the community so far...
Item the third: I've never really payed any attention to.. well, any part of this forum not relating directly to Notrium. So I've got no idea what the customs are around here.

Although, where I come from, I'm surrounded by maybe 15% pretty clever people, 35% average but prone to occasional bouts with the Idiot Ball, 40% kiddies of varying descriptions (and the odd childlike (and not in a good way) mind) and 10% outright idiots who shouldn't be on the internet at all, so really, anything's an improvement.

Righto, now the introductions are over, I'm off to the modding forum to post a minor code issue with my latest project.
Was going to join anyway, but it precipitated things a bit.
#
Narvius 10 years ago
...welcome, then. I guess.
Be aware that the forums are only semi-alive, and most of the action happens on the IRC channel(s).
#
Areetsa 10 years ago
"Narvius" said:
...welcome, then. I guess.
Be aware that the forums are only semi-alive, and most of the action happens on the IRC channel(s).
Knew of the first part, but the second doesn't apply to me; my connection, being as it snakes across half the world, doesn't handle chat programs very well. Between the occasional dropped connection and the being stuck about 5 posts behind, it's more trouble than it's worth for me.
#
Narvius 10 years ago
Like that doesn't happen to us.
#
Areetsa 10 years ago
"Narvius" said:
Like that doesn't happen to us.
Well, it's a bit irritating.
But you probably already know that, having had six years to get annoyed by it.
#
Pete 10 years ago
Lurking in the Modding subforum for three to four years? In that deserted place? How did you survive? Here, have some emergency posts!
#
Areetsa 10 years ago
"Pete" said:
Lurking in the Modding subforum for three to four years? In that deserted place? How did you survive? Here, have some emergency posts!
By only glancing in from time to time (read: maybe five times in the last year) to check if certain mods had updated.
(Am I right in assuming that the Werivar Expansion has been cancelled and replaced with the Final Mix?)
#
Narvius 10 years ago
It wasn't cancelled, but discontinued. And yes, the one who originally made WE is now working on FM. These are slightly (read: completely) different projects, though.
#
Areetsa 10 years ago
"Narvius" said:
It wasn't cancelled, but discontinued. And yes, the one who originally made WE is now working on FM. These are slightly (read: completely) different projects, though.
Same thing, for me. And yes, I know they're different; FM is much more ambitious.

On the other hand, he's not building on top of someone else's code, so he knows what everything does. That's a plus.
#
Venom31 10 years ago
"Narvius" said:
...most of the action happens on the IRC channel(s).
Wow, what a revelation to me.

Anyway, welcome to our humble forum. Not much is going on here recently, maybe some new projects can spice things up.
#
Crazy 10 years ago
You referenced ancient greek mythology and TVtropes in a single post; you'll do fine.
#
Venom31 10 years ago
"Crazy" said:
You referenced ancient greek mythology and TVtropes in a single post; you'll do fine.
Irony is
I know none of these.
#
Anonymous1157 10 years ago
"Venom31" said:
"Crazy" said:
You referenced ancient greek mythology and TVtropes in a single post; you'll do fine.
Irony is
I know none of these.
Crazy was clearly talking to the OP, because what you said has absolutely no mythology or memology in it at all.
#
Kario 10 years ago
"Narvius" said:
It wasn't cancelled, but discontinued. And yes, the one who originally made WE is now working on FM. These are slightly (read: completely) different projects, though.
So, Nocture17 is Uberwaffe? correct if i'm wrong Uberwaffe=Werivar nocture17=Final mix?
Did i get the names right?
#
Areetsa 10 years ago
"Kario" said:
"Narvius" said:
It wasn't cancelled, but discontinued. And yes, the one who originally made WE is now working on FM. These are slightly (read: completely) different projects, though.
So, Nocture17 is Uberwaffe? correct if i'm wrong Uberwaffe=Werivar nocture17=Final mix?
Did i get the names right?
From what I've read:
Werivar: Uberwaffe's work, made "public domain" of sorts.
Werivar Expansion: Nocture17's work, abandoned once completed.
Final Mix: Nocture17's work, but he forgot his password and made a new account.
#
E_net4 10 years ago
Which PS, may I ask?
#
Murska 10 years ago
Five, obviously.
#
E_net4 10 years ago
"Murska" said:
Five, obviously.
Haw haw.
#
harwe 10 years ago
"Areetsa" said:

From what I've read:
Werivar: Uberwaffe's work, made "public domain" of sorts.
Werivar Expansion: Nocture17's work, abandoned once completed.
Final Mix: Nocture17's work, but he forgot his password and made a new account.
Expansion was *almost* completed before he dropped it I think.... I was really looking forward to a polished v1.0 version when he was developing it.
#
Forum » Introductions..

Post Reply


Your email:
Your name: