Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Areetsa's little project

Areetsa's little project

Areetsa 12 years ago
Okay, I've got the basics finished.
So, I want to mention; I've made some adjustments to the way ballistic weapons work.
One: bullets don't explode in your hand when you use them. Description changed to fit.
Two: the Rapid Fire Pistol has a new ingredient, which must be added to the internal mechanism of the pistol itself; you can't just bolt it on the outside.

Oh, and you'll want to not just skip all the journal entries.

I've also borrowed graphics and ideas from all over the place, but I'll have a full "credits" thing when there's a bit less work that needs to be done on the project itself.

Other than that: if you've got any ideas for the uses a metal spring could be put to, I'd like to hear 'em. I know there's already a couple of Vanilla items that only have one combination, but I don't like them.

Shouldn't crash, I tested it just before packing up the rar, but I use version 1.3.4.1. which I don't think is the most recent.
#
Venom31 12 years ago
A metal spring of what size? Instant recall - remember Arcanum had spike traps. They required a large spring and some sort of stake or spike.

P.S. I still use that same version.
#
Areetsa 12 years ago
"Venom31" said:
A metal spring of what size? Instant recall - remember Arcanum had spike traps. They required a large spring and some sort of stake or spike.

P.S. I still use that same version.
Mm, about the size of a finger. Smallish; not tiny, but not that large either.

As for spike traps; well, I came up with a couple of warlike uses for Metal Tubes, which is why they spawn as normal items now. A source of amusement, you might say.
#
Areetsa 12 years ago
Okay, so, figured I'd give an update on what I'm doing, new items, etc.

The TT49s: pretty much the core; a single weapon that can be adapted for a number of jobs. (Be nice if someone gave me their opinion on the current semiautomatic only variation, hint hint.)
Survival carbine:
Basic ammunition: done.
Armour piercing ammunition: haven't started.
Tracer ammunition: haven't started.
Explosive ammunition: haven't started.
Incendiary ammunition: haven't started.
Scoped version: haven't got to it yet.
Survival rifle: haven't started.
Scoped version: haven't started.
Carbine: haven't started.
Rifle: haven't started.
Light machinegun: haven't started.
Scoped version: come on, that'd be frakking insane!

New Sniper Pistol: haven't started.
Scoped version: as above.

Ammunition: multiple types, as mentioned above. And I started this BEFORE reading about the Final Mix's varieties, thank you very much.

Explosive powder: completed.
Bullet: completed. (Both are extracted from the old Bullets item.)
Bullet-less shell casing: completed.

Regular ammunition: completed.
Armour piercing ammunition: not started, but will be similar to regular except that it does less damage and goes right through.
Tracer ammunition: not started, but will be similar to regular, except that it does a bit more damage at the expense of lighting up the sky and enraging nearby aliens. Moreso than normal gunshots, I should say.
Explosive ammunition: not started, but will have either a largish area effect, or a small area effect and a heaping pile of damage to the victim. Probably the latter; easier to code. A flash, a bang, a gaping gory crater, that's it.
Incendiary ammunition: not started, but like above except it sets the enemy on fire rather than just exploding.

Other items:
Omni Diode: implemented. Pretty much ripped right out of Werivar, image and all. No uberturrets, though. Or maybe there will be, and they take ammunition from you when you set them up. Opinions on ?limited ammo? turrets that cost ammunition to place?
#
Thereaper 12 years ago
It seems a really big work yet. Well if you need help ask me
#
Areetsa 12 years ago
I should probably get back to work on this.
#
Forum » Areetsa's little project

Your email:
Your name: