1. Currently the stat names are hard coded. This is obviously a shortcoming considering many game types that the engine could be used for, so I'm probably going to make this moddable in the future as well. The stat descriptions are changeable.
How many percentage each stat effects are set in scripts/settings.ini. The defaults are currently
It's actually possible to tie a script to each stat point advance, and in that way make the stats do pretty much anything that the engine allows.
1.1 Strength basically just increases the damage with a direct multiplier. It's tied directly in the function that calculates weapon damage. The only scripts affected by it are takeMeleeHit and meleeDamageArea, the others damaging scripts are considered to not use a weapon.
Now I understand what where these numbers! On my test nothing happened when I erased them, so If I want to eliminate the "normal" usage of them I will try to fill it with 0's.
I was already planning to tie a script to each stat, (like the MP increase per intelligence point) to do a workaround, but if I wanted to add another one is "not easy" right now.
2. Levelups are limited to the attribute increase and the talent increase. If you'd like to run a script on levelup, I can easily add the ability.
That would be cool! I was thinking to test complete removing the normal leveling and manually remove the xp, increase the lvl, remove the stats, and so on). Using the scripts on the levelUpObject. Isn't the same as adding a "onLevelUp"?
3. Currently the only way to change the HUD is to use the scriptable status icons system, which the game uses to create buttons for removing the summoned creatures. I'm planning on extending the system to include other HUD parts as well.
3.1 Right now the inventory is hard-coded as well. It's been waiting for the single player campaign to get finished first. I'm taking in ideas for this, if someone has a really good idea for how they'd like to use it, I'm inclined to make changes.
Well, honestly I haven't played the game yet, I downloaded the game and went straight to the modding. I really loved Notrium and the mods so I was checking how hard was adding a "Survival/RPG" game mod similar to it.
I was thinking about removing the food system, adding a battery, temperature (but I could add these as status icons. i'm going to check now).
For the inventory, I was working to add some weight to the items. In a survival game picking up everything would make it kinda easy.
So for the inventory ideas It would be cool if I could add inventory tabs, add and remove the amount of slots of each tab and some other item atributes (Like weight)
4. Those comparisons should be possible. But testing your precise example, they weren't! Turns out there's a bug in the engine that doesn't use the proper target object for named variables in parameters. I've just fixed it, I'll release the fix later (and if you need it now, I can send you a new version). So simply using a condition of setPlayerAsTarget and using variableIsLarger(health,mana) should do the trick once the fix is active.
Cool! Honestly I wasn't testing these examples. I created two global flags in the globalflags.ini called Weight and MaxWeight and was impossible to do a globalFlagIsLarger(Weight,MaxWeight), my script wasn't working until I finally realized that check wasn't working.I hope the fix also includes to be able to compare flags.
I would love to have the fix now!
5. Right now, it's not possible to change that. If you'd like to change it, I can easily make it moddable.
Well... is not that important, but looking at you gived the ability to change the mana resource name it also would be cool to be able to change it at will.
6. Using scripts, definitely yes. As a player, no. The main game doesn't usually require such functionality, so I haven't felt the need to add it. But it shouldn't be difficult, since I've already got the dialogue to do that for the shops. Maybe holding shift down while dragging could do that?
Again, back to my test adding weight to the items. I was checking with different amounts of item pick ups when I realized when I wanted to drop half of the items I picked I could not...
Yea, holding shift to be able to pick up or drop an exact amount of stacked items would be cool.
You've found pretty much all the things that aren't moddable yet. But as I said, I'm very open to adding new moddability to the engine - smaller things even now, and bigger things as soon as we finish the main game. If you or anyone is planning a bigger mod with the engine, and you are lacking an important feature, be in touch, I'm very eager to help out modders.
Well, I was just playing with the software for a couple hours and testing some ideas I wanted to implement. If I have more problems trying to mod I'll post again.
Thanks for the info!
And I hope you can send me the fix.
7.- What are the text commands for conversations, item descriptions, icon descriptions? (Well, I haven't tested too much on conversations)
For example, I found on conversations you can use #player for the player name, #npc for npc names, but not for items and status descriptions (at least the player name).
For item description you can use \n to insert a line break, but this doesn't work for icon descriptions. #Player doesn't work for both of them.
Can you add \n for status icons, #Player for items and status icons, and a way to add variable/global flags numbers on all of them?
For example (totally random example)... in a Greatsword description I can't put: "Emaster(player name) signature weapon. It already killed (XXXX) enemies. Strength required to wield 4 and you have (YYY)"
Actually, in this description it could be cool to use an IF (if strength is 4 or more it could say: Your are strong enough to wield. ELSE You're not strong to wield.
Edited 5 years ago