Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium In-depth Gameplay guide
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium In-depth Gameplay guide

Marevix 19 years ago
    I understand that I haven't done anything really spectacular for the community yet, so I'm going to write an in-depth gameplay guide for Notrium.

What it will have-
    In depth descriptions of each area. Such as enemies, common items, pretty much anything about it that makes it different from other areas.

A weapons guide. It will have a list of weapons, how to make them, and what to use them against. If they have anything unique about them (i.e. Sniper Pistol's special bullets) it will be mentioned.

An enemy guide. Details how strong their attack is, how much HP they have, and their resistances (i.e. robots resistant to ballistic weapons).

A race guide. Shows how much HP, how much energy, how much carrying capacity, and how much food they start out with. If there are weapons it can't use or are the only race that can use, I will detail that as well. Will detail alien evolution especially.

Items. What they do, where they are, how to make them, and where their ingredients are. Simple enough.

Tactics. My favorite part, this will give you hints and tips how to kill a certain enemy and some such.

I can't write an endings guide, I never end my games. If anyone would like to write that help would be appreciated.

In a nutshell, this faq will be a little like Forceuser's but far more extensive. My goal is, when you have trouble with something, this is the document you turn to. I expect to have it done around christmas.
    [Edit: Damnit, I posted this in the General Talk forum. Somebody care to move it?]
    #
    HarmlessHermit 19 years ago
    Sounds good, better get cracking.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    I'm about 1/2 done with the Ancient Ruin area description .
    #
    Leego 19 years ago
    Ahh shouldn't this be in the Notrium thread?
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    [Edit: Damnit, I posted this in the General Talk forum. Somebody care to move it?]
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Done.

So how are you going to present it, Maverix? PDF or HTML? I would go with a HTML, and (I'm not sure if this is how you're thinking) be sure to put in a lot of graphics to give the guide visual appeal.
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    definently lots of eye candy
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    I understand that I haven't done anything really spectacular for the community yet, so I'm going to write an in-depth gameplay guide for Notrium.

Good idea, but it's not like that everybody HAS to do something for the community, lol. I haven't done much either...
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    I'll start in text to make it functional, I'll go to HTML once I have the errors worked out. The HTML version won't be here until long after the Christmas rtf.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    If it's a good guide, I'd be happy to host it and link to it on the Notrium homepage.
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    To give you a general idea of how deep it'll go, here's a clip of the Ancient Ruin description for the area section:

Ancient Ruin-
    The ancient ruin is the area you start in after crashing from the escape pod.
    You crash land in the hermit's house. When you get out of the escape pod,
    you'll see the hermit. He is a small marine with very low health. He says,
    Bugrit, bugrit, bugrit. You broke me roof!" The text turns to orange, he says:
    'You can't get out. NO NO! You want out? You give me something! I want a radio!
    Gimme a radio! Drop it near me. Gimme Gimme!'

There are a couple ways to handle him. As a Psionic, you are forced to kill him.
    Combine your tokens into a Psionic Blast (if you don't know how, refer to the Psionic abilities section).
    Shoot him with it, there's no other way. As an Alien and Android, you have no reason to give it to him,
    but you are able. I reccomend killing him as either of these two races. As a Human, you need to make
    a choice. Either you can kill him, or give him the radio. If you give him the radio, he'll offer to join you
    for a pistol. If you want to know more, refer to the allies section. Either way, you now have your door key. You can exit the house at any time.

The enemies in the Ancient Ruin are Small Blue Aliens, Blue Aliens, and Brown Aliens.
    Common items are Fuel Converters, Fuel Cells, Health Plants, Electric Plants, Bullets, Edible Fungus,
    Rotten Fungus, Firewood, Ether, Long Metal Rods, Pulse Beacons, Ice packs, and Small Pebbles.
    #
    LunaticNeko 19 years ago
    I'm going to make a base making strategy guide so...

Okay, I'll put link on my site when you PM me to do so!
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    A base making strategy guide? I'd love to read it when it's completed. I never make bases, don't know anything about them.
    #
    eug1404 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    A base making strategy guide? I'd love to read it when it's completed. I never make bases, don't know anything about them.

A Base == A Stasis field and a bunch of turrents, with some walls(either terrain features or man-made).
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    I said I don't know much about them, not nothing at all. We all know what bases are made out of (we can only hope) but I don't know any layouts.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    "Marevix" said:
    To give you a general idea of how deep it'll go, here's a clip of the Ancient Ruin description for the area section:

Ancient Ruin-

Pretty thorough!
    #
    Soulefoin 19 years ago
    Awesome! I'd be pretty glad to write a few sections if your interested, combat and bestiary mostly. Pm me if your interested. Also I'd be willing to work on basic survival skills, detailed item analysis, you name it.

~Soulefoin~
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Detailed items analysis.. You could write the items section, sure.

The items section includes what items are used for, any combinations they have, etc. Here's a rough example (it'll go into more detail than this).

Name: Laser Pistol
    Item Class: Weapon
    Uses: Killing monsters
    Strong against:
    Combinations: Laser Pistol + Motion Detector = Laser Turret, Laser Pistol + Glass Marble = Pulse Laser.

Just send me a list similar to this with all the items you can get, and I'll fill in the holes and put it in correct format. What do you say?
    #
    Soulefoin 19 years ago
    Alrighty, I'll do Items. I'll go through my save files to list them all. I should have it done tommarrow.

~Soulefoin~
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Well, work is progressing fairly slowly at the moment. I'm very busy with other things in life at the moment, I'd say that you won't see it for a while. I am increasing time spent on the guide though, so at least it's not dying.
    #
    shadowgandor 18 years ago
    "Marevix" said:

Ancient Ruin-

There are a couple ways to handle him. As a Psionic, you are forced to kill him.
    Combine your tokens into a Psionic Blast (if you don't know how, refer to the Psionic abilities section).
    Shoot him with it, there's no other way. As an Alien and Android, you have no reason to give it to him,
    but you are able. I reccomend killing him as either of these two races. As a Human, you need to make
    a choice. Either you can kill him, or give him the radio. If you give him the radio, he'll offer to join you
    for a pistol. If you want to know more, refer to the allies section. Either way, you now have your door key. You can exit the house at any time.

The enemies in the Ancient Ruin are Small Blue Aliens, Blue Aliens, and Brown Aliens.
    Common items are Fuel Converters, Fuel Cells, Health Plants, Electric Plants, Bullets, Edible Fungus,
    Rotten Fungus, Firewood, Ether, Long Metal Rods, Pulse Beacons, Ice packs, and Small Pebbles.

You don't need to kill the hermit,
    you can also grab the radio and drop it.
    he will follow you and lead him to the radio
    he will grab it and bang you're free

edit: (sorry it was a mistake nevermind this)
    #
    Zanfib 17 years ago
    *Pokes Marevix*

So when are you going to get off your butt and update this?
    #
    Antrix 17 years ago
    I believe the Hermit says "Burgit", not "Bugrit". But anyways, good luck on this.
    #
    The Gemini 17 years ago
    I think this thread is kinda dead, along with marevix and a bunch of other posters here.
    #
    Antrix 17 years ago
    Well, it was on the front page...
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Antrix" said:
    Well, it was on the front page...
    That's because of the cleanup that happened a while ago. Them useless-type threads were deleted and stuff like that.

Now then... Anyone here willing to continue where Marevix left off?
    #
    Antrix 17 years ago
    I would if I had but the time and sufficiant knowledge of the game. Sadly, both escape me.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    you can do the items for default easily if you use the item spoiler but then there are stand alone items like the sniping pistols, well good luck with that i have no time to do this, finals are commin up
    #
    Nuklearni-okurka 17 years ago
    Look date: year 2004....
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    It doesn't matter anymore in the Notrium forum section.

Or at least that's the impression I got from the explanation on why the cleanup was made.

So stop complaining about the thread being old.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "Nuklearni-okurka" said:
    "harwe" said:
    you can do the items for default easily if you use the item spoiler but then there are stand alone items like the sniping pistols, well good luck with that i have no time to do this, finals are commin up
    i know... im just saying for people who wants to redo it again
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Where do you live!? I already took care of my finals.

By the way, I got the same impression as Grim. It dosen't matter how old these threads are because they were the useful bunch out of a couple hundred threads or so, with a good bunch of them being "Ima n00b plzh3lp!!!1!one" threads.
    #
    Antrix 17 years ago
    Does the age matter? If the topic is useful enough, and there are still people willing to discuss it, what is the problem? Would anyone stop a twelve year old super intelligent boy from doing math?
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Where do you live!? I already took care of my finals.
    CA USa, schools here have differnet finals scheduals too...
    [/OT]

"Anonymous1157" said:

By the way, I got the same impression as Grim. It dosen't matter how old these threads are because they were the useful bunch out of a couple hundred threads or so, with a good bunch of them being "Ima n00b plzh3lp!!!1!one" threads.
    Amen.

@antrix course not, I saw a thirteen year old girl in my highschool my math class in the begining of my school year and then next day shes in calculas O.o it freaked the whole class lol
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    @antrix course not, I saw a thirteen year old girl in my highschool my math class in the begining of my school year and then next day shes in calculas O.o it freaked the whole class lol
    Sorry, but could you change that to English? I didn't get a thing.
    #
    Forum » Notrium In-depth Gameplay guide
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: