Email: Password:
Forum » Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints

E_net4 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    It's not about Notrium 1.341, either.

... C'mon, it's not like he'll cause a gigantic discussion. And if he does, its still amusing watching others fight.
    Do you think I wnt to fight?

"MageKing17" said:
    This thread is not about the Werivar mod.
    It was just a curiosity, almost everyone uses the Werivar mod instead of the Default one
    #
    White Rabbit 17 years ago
    As a Psionic, always get a group of sand golems (use Psionic Ally) to act as your bodyguards. At least 6 of them (there's sand and pebbles for lots more than 6). This way, you can afford to not have an offensive token combination, and just relax inside a Psionic Field (Psionic Armor+Life Force token) while they protect you. By the time you're able to use Psionic Ally, you're already powerful enough to handle anything in the Missile Base region.

Psionic Field is great because it requires no energy to maintain, unlike the human/android armors. You only need energy to stabilise your temperature if it's in the extremes, and of course to convert energy to health. Remember to deactivate it if you intend to use the Void token.

Other good token combinations include Psionic Armor with Psionic Blast (both powerful defensive and offensive tokens, respectively), Brain Poison with Psionic Blast (poison, then blast ), and Psionic Dash with Psionic Blast (useful for 'safe' exploration, although you'll be vulnerable against the elements). Dash is especially useful early in the game, when you've got neither anti-gravitation devices nor Psionic Strength. You can pick up items, and use Dash to bring them back to the Hermit's Hut, or wherever.

It also helps to drop the fire extinguishers immediately after leaving the Escape Pod. You won't ever need them again and you can scroll to the right token faster with the mouse button once it's gone. Those combinations only involve two tokens, so a third "weapon" would just get in the way.
    #
    Jak_B 17 years ago
    My tips-
    1. When playing Werivar mod, for your first play chose Werivar race. It's great (IMO) link between PSI abilities of Psionic, meele fighting skills of Alien, and may use most of items that Human can. On 5th day-out I was hunting for most of aliens met in jungle. Once I've killed big bunch (like- 30 of 'em, most- big blue, and brown) in one night .

Whoops. Didn't check for this long no-update.
    #
    patrickul87 17 years ago
    i just finished with alien the hive end and here are my tips:
    -can kill whatever you want they will respawn from the hive
    -to win the game you minimum need evo 2 so you can see at night
    -the blue queen is very easy
    -dont use other wepons then the claws the other wepons are not worth it
    -never stay in one place
    -to fast evolve go to the hivethe side with blue alien queen and make a hord of aliens (the aliens that you need to evolve) and slash run them
    -he reapers are annoyng but can be handled simply use one acid spit and slash'em
    -brown queen is a bit harder but can be killed grab 2-3 turrets 10 barriers and use your self as bate.
    thats all. I shall make a reply about human cause im almost at the ville corp endingim in the mothership BYE-BYE
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    "patrickul87" said:
    i just finished with alien the hive end and here are my tips:
    -can kill whatever you want they will respawn from the hive
    -to win the game you minimum need evo 2 so you can see at night
    -the blue queen is very easy
    -dont use other wepons then the claws the other wepons are not worth it
    -never stay in one place
    -to fast evolve go to the hivethe side with blue alien queen and make a hord of aliens (the aliens that you need to evolve) and slash run them
    -he reapers are annoyng but can be handled simply use one acid spit and slash'em
    -brown queen is a bit harder but can be killed grab 2-3 turrets 10 barriers and use your self as bate.
    thats all. I shall make a reply about human cause im almost at the ville corp endingim in the mothership BYE-BYE

well, thats the easiest ending, for me, i just slow time down and use lethal bite, it makes thier life go down WAY fast
    #
    patrickul87 17 years ago
    i just finished human ending with ville corp here is what you should do:
    -first base make it were you crash wait a few days befor going in other areas
    -kissile base is everyones friend enrgy and health
    -always have turrets ammo and gunz
    -keep man eye at the food reserve
    -the weapons you really need to survive are pebble shotgun,vc pistol,pulse laser,flame throuer
    -items you need are power armor,wood,turrets like crazy (human is weak but smart)batterie extension,teantacle,if you can alien helpers,food suply
    -first kill the giant bots
    -the main threats are:reapers,yellow marine withvc pistol,the flame marinekills you in an instant if your to closei suggest you take the hover bike
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    dude, you dont need that many things, just practice, gain some skills on fighting before facing a challenge.. most of your stratgy especially about the hermit's hut has been repeated mate
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    considering i havnt gotten any endings (dont know how and i dont really wanna do em yet) i think being an alien is easy.

i got a stasis generator up then put a fire inside at the hive so that i can heal and cook anything that i happen to pickup. its a good strategy that will serve you well. unless your using the werivar mod then the dire reapers might get you a few times. i still havnt found a way to kill em but im tryin. i'll let ya know when i find out keep at the stasis, cook thing for a while and you'll have a base you can sit at for a long time. at least until you pass the standng in the hive part of the evo.
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    same thing goes for you man.. i mean the repeated stuff..... but everyone's opinions are good
    what you said is called setting up a "base" people i think nowadays, if you work hard enough you'd get a base in every map
    #
    GameFreak 17 years ago
    This has probably already been posted but i put it up here anyway.

Alien:

Lure down enemies into swamps and walk backwards(only way i recommend to kill reapers if you don't have feral rage yet) just walking backwards works pretty good too but swamps are better.

When you get acid spit, spit at everything if you don't think you can make it in melee vs that thing. That will make the thing you spitted at paralysed for a few seconds in that time go behind them! very important as they can attack again after you hit them.(don't overuse this attack as it costs food to use.)

Constantly eat all of the fungus only stop at 300 food, don't eat small aliens until you get devour or really need to eat(below 50 food or so) so let them lie on the ground for later use.

P.S the backwards/swamp walking lets you kill the alien queens without having evolved a bit
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    same thing goes for you man.. i mean the repeated stuff..... but everyone's opinions are good
    what you said is called setting up a "base" people i think nowadays, if you work hard enough you'd get a base in every map
    yeah i know you dont need alotta stuff but the stasis and fire is all you really need so you dont need to lug around healing items for when you get in a sticky situation.

its not like im saying what that one guy did up there and to build yourself a huge military base to assault a spot. just a little hideout out in the country
    #
    D0M0 16 years ago
    alien tip on WERIWAR:

-always carry a lot of stasis fields with you and as much beacons
    (i ended up with 12 dots on the radar in the hive area-marking the stasis fields) since they heal u EXTREMLY fast.

- For killing dire reapers: - after you evolved to MAX (best bite, claws, spit ...) use the feral rage and attack with lethal fangs

- DON'T use armor since u gain it as you evolve and if u unequip it you lose all the armor bouns (on final stage of evoultin you have over 12 armor
    #
    haunter 16 years ago
    Tip for Dire Reaper:

Ok to kill dire reapers in another way just go and combine radiator + pulse beacon = beacon ray...go to the mining fields and destroy the base (outside) and i know it's a bit hard with all those turrets and robots but try repeating till u beat it...then get all the crystals it has that are around 6500 ammount of crystals...then go to a dire reaper and use the beacon ray on it and should die(the more closer u shoot at the more damage it will do).So i hope that helps
    #
    Dini 16 years ago
    I seem to have trouble finding small blue aliens in the starter area. They just don't spawn for my alien dude anymore.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    That's right, they don't. If you really want to fight those, you'll have to go to the Hive.
    #
    Casteq 15 years ago
    Hi everyone im new here
    and im new Notrium too, and what ican say so far is that it is the most cohesive, satisfying freeware game i have ever played I have a long review which i got no where to put

So anyways, i am still stuck at the first region trying to get this dude helping me, he says he can join me if i can find a pistol.
    i have found two of the necessary items to combine for the pistol. The point is i cant still find the last item i need to make for a pistol
    oh and to make things more clearer the item i cant find is call light diode. I have found two other items which i can use to make for a pistol.
    Can anyone please help me?

/Casteq
    #
    Amarth 15 years ago
    I think you can find light diodes mostly in the desert, with the round robots. They're not in the starting area. But I'm actually not really sure you need a light diode to create a pistol for the hermit... Does someone else know this?
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    You make a pistol you need a powered particle accelerator (energy unit plus particle accelerator) plus a pistol chassis. The chassis found directly outside the hut, top right, under a big tree.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    The confusion here appears to be arising from the fact that Casteq is trying to make him a laser pistol. The hermit actually wants you to fix his broken bullet-using pistol.
    #
    Anarion 15 years ago
    Hey, can you give the hermit different weapons? I never thought to try.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    I have a vague recollection about a sniper rifle, but I'm not sure.
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    I don't think that you can give the Hermit any different weapons. But I'm pretty sure that your sniper rifle idea comes from the Weri-however-you-spell-it mod.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    You are correct. Werivar's creatures.dat contains a "Marine Hermit Sniper" entry which is not present in default's creatures.dat.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Not only that Hermit has a sniper rifle, it uses a Power Armor as well. Sure is a helpful companion.
    #
    Anarion 15 years ago
    So no warp drill gun hermit then?
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    Hermit: Hey, thanks!
    *Hermit points Warp Drill Gun at player*
    Hermit: I think I'd like those boots too!
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Yes, that would certainly OWN.
    #
    Kaizer 15 years ago
    I dont consider myself a expert, but i have played notrium a lot of times, so i can say some usefull hints

Human: The hermit and his house are very usefull, if you build a pistol the best is give it to the hermit, he dont need bullets and can see everything, but is a litle agressive, so you have to see that he dont escape, because he can die easily. the food is a litle problem in the firsts days, but wen you advance you will have best items and your survive wil be more easy

Good places to go are the Ship junkyard, here you can find a lot of usefull things, but dont fight if you dont have good weapons, The hive, but ONLY to get food, dont go to the center, or the boss will eat you , and the Mining field are good too, but if you see someone or hear someone go out! the marines here are very tought for you, but here you can find googles, cristal ore and lighters, that are very usefull

The firewoods and Force fields are very usefull, try to create a armor, hoverbike and force fields, in a lot of maps there is places that you can use like outposts, and putting here some turrets and force fields will make your travels very safes

Alien: my favourite, dunno why , well the first thing you need to do is evolve, first in the acient ruins, if you want kill the hermit or give him the radio, it doesn´t matter, but you need food, a lot, is the most important for the alien, you need to some firewoods and pulses beacons, a good strategy is to put a fire somewhere (a good place is the hive, under a tree) and a beacon to remember where you put it, kill all the aliens you can and put them in the beacon to eat later, the best thing to kill are brown aliens, when you cook them, they are very good (tastes like chicken ), when you need small blue aliens (to evolve or eat) go to the hive, In the corner, right and down, here you will find a lot of small blue aliens, you can kill here too when you are a big alien, and use their small corpses to feed your aliens or devour them, if you need big blue aliens, go to the top of hive and you will find them, is a little hard, but you will be able to evolve, you will need brown aliens, just go to the bottom of the hive, here you will find a great amount of brown aliens, next to it, one of the most hard stages, you need to kill reapers to evolve, try to go always in the grass and try to avoid trees, you will learn to see the reapers and this stage will not be something very impossible, to kill them just start to run around him attacking, you will see their purple blood and discover a great and helpfull medikit . The next stage is pretty easy, just stay in the hive, and survive, if you have some defenses deploy them in a point of the map, put here some fire and cook your brown corpses here, you will evolve and get the precious ability to lay eggs of emerging aliens, beautifull aliens that when are matures kill everything , a good place to lay them is in the dried up marsh, in the center, but put some defenses, the reapers will try to eat your little aliens

Psionic: pretty hard, but a wonderfull race, your best combinations are the psi blast and the dash, a very good place is the eden, believe me, you need to go here!! the vines are very gentle, here you can make a big amount of life escenses too. first go to the ship cementery, here you will find the place to get the Liquid Token , to go in use the focus token (discover it by yourself ) but you will need a big amount of life escences if you dont control the psionic very well, and with the hungry bar full, the challenge is very long, and one time i just died starved ops: , well once you have the token go to the eden, in the center you will find the second "altar" that send you into the second challenge, you need the green focus token to go in, but first try to make all the possible combinations with your new token, you will need it here. Well, once we have the Life token, you can do a combination that allows you to carry items! the strenght token! but discover it by yourself that make the game best, but anyways get the anti-gravity device (by destroying the giant robots in the misile area) is best, it take no tokens. So we need the last token, the void, is in the mining field, when you got it you will have a big power, try to collect the sand and pebles, you can summon golems, so finally, you just need to finish the game (if you want, of course)

Android: well, i dont like it very much, but i can give some hints, first look for the misile area, here you can kill the robots and get the usefull bateries, and build some repair units too, its like play with the human

All: a good idea is get some defenses, turrets, tentacles, or the electro-sphere (very powerfull, but like paper) get a base too, you need to put there all your things, the destroyed turrets, non-deployed defenses, sand and things with big weight

Well i dont remember more things, i could say another things, but discover them give more fun to the game

i remember when i discovered the warp drill gun or the inferno token in the werivar mod, i have a looooot of fun, when i bring death to everything in the hive
    #
    ericktm 15 years ago
    I dont have any tips, but i have some hacks that i discover by messing around with the game script (it was pretty easy by the way since i didnt need my ex reader or anything).
    This picture here shows how to modify your weapons and enhance their attributes
    this is the script for the warp gun just as it is, the numbers are the values you can change and the letters on blue on the left explains what they do, have fun

Im new playing this game(2 days playing) and i been trying to find out information about the alien eggs (how to hatch them, how long it takes, how to feed them afterwards, etc...)
    So any help given will be most appreciate it.

I WILL POST MORE HACKS IF I GET ANY INFORMATION UNKNOWN TO ME (i have already read the faq question) INCLUDING, HOW TO MAKE INCREASE YOUR LOAD LIMIT, VIEW ITEMS THAT ARENT SHOW IN THE RADAR SUCH AS LIGHTERS, ARMOR, GLASS THINGIES, AND OTHER STUFF THAT CANT BE SEEN WITH IT.
    STOP STARVATION BAR (enhance it),ENHANCE LIFE BAR, AND MUCH MORE.

ALL YOUALL HAVE TO DO IS GIVE ME INFORMATION ON THE ALIEN EGG.
    #
    ericktm 15 years ago
    I dont have any tips, but i have some hacks that i discover by messing around with the game script (it was pretty easy by the way since i didnt need my ex reader or anything).
    This picture here shows how to modify your weapons and enhance their attributes
    this is the script for the warp gun just as it is, the numbers are the values you can change and the letters on blue on the left explains what they do, have fun

Im new playing this game(2 days playing) and i been trying to find out information about the alien eggs (how to hatch them, how long it takes, how to feed them afterwards, etc...)
    So any help given will be most appreciate it.

I WILL POST MORE HACKS IF I GET ANY INFORMATION UNKNOWN TO ME (i have already read the faq question) INCLUDING, HOW TO MAKE INCREASE YOUR LOAD LIMIT, VIEW ITEMS THAT ARENT SHOW IN THE RADAR SUCH AS LIGHTERS, ARMOR, GLASS THINGIES, AND OTHER STUFF THAT CANT BE SEEN WITH IT.
    STOP STARVATION BAR (enhance it),ENHANCE LIFE BAR, AND MUCH MORE.

ALL YOUALL HAVE TO DO IS GIVE ME INFORMATION ON THE ALIEN EGG.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    My god, calm down. It's not exactly rocket science. For one thing, everything you listed is easily discoverable by just... I dunno... reading the information that comes with the game.

And you got some things wrong. Time until bullet disappears doesn't determine distance... speed times time determines distance. Nobody cares so terribly much that they didn't read the freely-available information about the data file formats, but they still want to hear about your "hacks" (by the way, it's not a hack if it's using the game engine the way it was intended).

As to answer your question, you hatch the eggs by (IIRC) using them at the nest and then feed them lots of brown alien corpses.
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    Unless you're talking about the Eggs the Alien lays, which depends on their race. In addition, you could have just READ the journal entry when you picked up the egg.
    #
    Narvius 15 years ago
    Reading is a dwindling art.
    #
    crazygamer 15 years ago
    [i]Yo I'm new here and i got questions (straight to the point, eh?)
    I play as the alien as she's really fast and powerful, unlike the Human, who relies on equipment way too much and sucks ass and the Android, that can't even heal itself without repair kits, which I'd much rather use on turrets.

Anyway, onto the questions (all questions are about the Alien story)
    1.Could anyone give me the list of how to evolve and what abilities come with it.
    2.I spared the hermits life and gave him the radio, but when I went hunting he followed me and got himself shredded. Is there a way to heal or command him, and is it worth it?
    3. When I went the mining area, I ran around shredding humans when I see them, but one time I saw a human on screen and proceeded to rend him asunder, he suddenly he pulled out a flamethrower and fried me before I could get close enough! How do I get past these guys?

Thats it for now but I'll be back with more questions
    #
    E_net4 15 years ago
    1. I'd tell you to READ the journal for this one, but since all newbies around here apparently hate to read, I'll tell you how:
    - First you just need to keep yourself well fed. The evolution bar will increase by itself.
    - After some time you'll get a journal entry telling you that you have evolved, and that you need to kill to evolve. Just check the last journal entry on what creature to kill.
    2. Only the human can become the Hermit's friend. He won't care if you're an alien.
    3. I'd rather attack him long range with the acid spit and then shred him to death. You can also use the feral rage to avoid the flames. Note that you need to evolve in order to use these new skills.
    #
    Forum » Surviving Notrium v1.33 - Tips and Helpful Hints
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: