Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

eug1404 19 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:

2) Could be, I already suggested being able to hire marines and using them on ground ops.

3) There are spoils, you get promotion points which allow you to get better items, weapons, etc.
    Combine them both the higher your rank, the better the marines you can hire, start with pistol marines then make your way up to Automatic Laser Rifle wielding rambo-esques Marines of Death .
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "eug1404" said:
    Automatic Laser Rifle wielding rambo-esques Marines of Death .
    Mmm... rambo-esque Marines of Death... tastes like chicken...
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    This is a question directed at Ville. Since the patch I made earlier seems to be pretty popular (I looked at the download records at the site I uploaded it to), could you host it on the same page as the Wazzal II download? Perhaps a warning saying "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" or something...
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Since it's Zex's mod, I'd need to hear the request from him.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    I should also probably remove/relocate/fix the targetting beam so it's not as cheap, huh? Too bad I messed up my Wazzal folder with all my capship work... maybe ZeX can do it.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    No, wait until you have something a little more substantial. I've already fixed/improved all the things you added, and I've also got the targeting beam working well now, so it may aswell wait until the next build is out.
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    when is that?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Oh come on, me a chance. It'll be ready when its ready.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Oh come on, me a chance. It'll be ready when its ready.
    I assume you'll be fixing all of the promotions, right? Also, did you fix the minelayer? It doesn't work with the new 1.34, I forgot to mention. It accidentally checks to see if the player doesn't have a mine, instead to check if the player does have a mine. Just a heads-up. Also, make sure the targetting beam keeps it's anger level, I want it to behave like that. It simulates enemy scanners getting a lock on you because you run it too long.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yep, the promotions all work now; the minelayer now works perfectly, and I did get rid of the scanner anger level, but I'll put it back in if you want.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OK, todays mission: I'm trying to set up a virtual stock exchange, allowing you buy several different products when the selling price is low, and then wait until the price comes up (this can be influenced by your factions military defeats/wins) and then selling them to make a ripping profit.

EDIT: So far its comming on great; every thing is working fine. Should have a bisic system working by tommorrow.
    #
    B0rsuk 19 years ago
    Just one thought.

I think a missile should attack Kilowat ECM projectile, not the opposite. It's some kind of jammer thingy, right ? So make it that missile is actually fooled by ECM, and can attack either the ship or ECM.

You can still fire more ECM to be sure.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Hmm, that's a good idea!! That would make a lot more sense.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    I agree it would work very well if you employied it
    #
    UberWaffe 19 years ago
    Is my EMP system still going to be in the mod? Is there something wrong with it? Don't you like it? I could always adjust it to your liking.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    and I did get rid of the scanner anger level, but I'll put it back in if you want.
    The only reason I want it like that is because it's logical. If you're in a submarine, using the radar attracts enemy ships because it gives away your location. In the future this will be less of a problem (because of masking technology), but the alien ships would still detect the power output after a while and attack.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Is it just me or are things getting overly complicated ? While I make no objection to all this stuff being cool is it reasonable to assume the average, non-forum member will be able to figure out the complexities of it all or will simply become frustrated because there is far too much to keep track of ? It's really difficult to decipher what in this thread is actually in the mod and what is pure speculation.

My suggestion is some coalation of actual progress to keep forum members in the least up to date on what is actually going into the mod and especially what is already there. This can later be used as a description for the mod anyways, so it's an all around good thing to have. I apologize for not contributing another kewl idea, but really I think there are more than enough already
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I'm not sure I completely understand, Quanrian; where am I to discuss the complex stuff in my mod if not here? And it was just the other day when i posted my last progress.

OK, BUILD 3 to be released in 5-8 days!!!
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    Zerlexar do you think a build 3 is around the connor in the next week or not?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OK, BUILD 3 to be released in 5-8 days!!!
    *cough*
    There's a chance it might take longer, but I'm pretty sure it'll be ready this week. Not a huge release this one, I haven't had a lot of time to work on it, but it's begining to play like a real game instead of a primative build.
    #
    Toko 19 years ago
    am i a part of the credits?
    i gave you ideas but nobady has said enything about them..
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    I'm not sure I completely understand, Quanrian; where am I to discuss the complex stuff in my mod if not here? And it was just the other day when i posted my last progress.

All I mean is a simple list showing stuff you've got in, something I and others can check at a glance. I actually found what you meant about a progress post and that's kewl, but I meant as posted a coalation of the progress. This way I don't have to sift through 10 odd pages back to find your individual progress posts were are kind of hard to spot. I actually almost missed the one just one page back. This is certainly where all the ideas should go, but you've got to keep some order to things as well since there is where people come to check progress first, and give ideas second

I wont mention this again, just thought I'd clarify. I look forward to your next release, which appears to be soon. Sorry I don't have any ideas or feedback, I'll probably have some once I play the third build
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Alright, who voted "1" on the poll?
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    In relation to Quans post, I do have an Idea on how to facilitate his request on a Progress report: Put it all in a readme (if you havn't already coz you probably have and then put a link in your sig. That would help alot as the link will be on almost every page solong as you posted on that page (this thread I meen).

ForceUser
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Good idea.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    I've posted a release candidate of 1.34. I'll be expecting to hear how your mod fares with it.
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Here ya go, a chair.
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair1.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair2.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair3.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair4.jpg

Hope you like, Although I am rather impressed with the leather effect I got on the seat

ForceUser
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Very nice, fit for a commander.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Wow! That's perfect. Now, one more thing; is there any chance you could make another graphic, pretty much identical to the cpatians chair, but with no leather or wood, just metal? The captian would have the luxury chair, while the other crewmembers working on the bridsge would have the ordinary ones. Thanks, that would be fantastic.
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    This is just an idea but anyway, here it goes. You might want to have it that some missions can be reapeted a number of times for more promotion points

E.ge The rebel mission, only it would have a new map the second time and mabye the third then the mission would cease to exist.

Or a vermin/alien infestartion planet could have 10 missions about resucing/plain killing and (Rip off) getting off the planet and finaly

You could have a mission where you have to board a mother ship(marines and blow it up, but your bomb turns out to be a dud, so you have to go back and do it in another part of the ship.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, if I can get it to work those are great ideas.

Now, here's what I need help in next from people:
    [list][*] I need as many ideas for items as I can get. Since I'm trying to use completely different items than from Notrium, it's a tough call trying to think them all up. So, if you have any ideas for items for my mod please post them here. I don't care what they are, they could be weapons, gadgets, ammo etc, the more original the better.
    Thanks!! [/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    ForceUser 19 years ago
    Here ya go

http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair5.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair6.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair7.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair8.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair9.jpg
    http://www.groep7.co.za/notrium/artwork/wazzal2/Chair10.jpg

I've made 2, but I can REALLY make them Any color ya want.

hmm.. the items.. I'll probably have to draw them hehe

ForceUser
    #
    Inane 19 years ago
    Perhaps have some typa speeder, Like a smaller version of the hoth speeders from the second star wars... And perhaps have a controllable engine allowing you too change speed with a hotkey?

Oh if you do implement that make sure its blasters are weak, Super vehicles take the fun out .
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, good idea, but I wouldn't go with something like the hoth speeders, more like Luke's speeder in the first film.
    #
    Inane 19 years ago
    Hmm, You're talking about the one from tatooine, And not the imperial ones from the forest planet that looks like kashyyyk from the last movie?
    Cuz' the latter would be bad for notrium as its design makes it look to be more suitable for high speeds, In which would be bad for the AI of notrium i would guess.
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: