Register
Email: Password:
Forum » What is Top Priority

What is Top Priority

Death Knight 11 years ago
Well, I figure that by now most of you have either beaten or mostly beaten Driftmoon. I myself am at lvl 8 and am enjoying the game for the most part. I like the tactics and the fact that I can enjoy them knowing that the game will not ultimately annihilate me like some other harder games. I hope that you guys do well financially with this release as I have tried to help those on good old games.

I do have a question for you. I tried getting into your game notrium a while back but was taken away from the controls. I really liked your monk game (magebane2) and was hoping you would do some more with that. My real questions are how can I help you stay in business longer (other than word of mouth) AND...after this game will you be likely to work on another Notrium or Magebane. Personally I liked Magebane more and plus that is your older work, so I am partial to that. Although Notrium was fun and had a good story too. I think that if you do anything in the future with rpgs, you should include some of the better things from Driftmoon, traits, stats and such. Just an idea.

Now its back to cowering in fear from the storm
#
ville 11 years ago
Thanks for the tips! Deciding on our next game will be difficult. There are a lot of people who are waiting for a Notrium sequel, and I'm eager to make one, sure enough. I'd have to research new Notriumish games for a while to see if it's feasible anymore. On the other hand, I'm partial to doing something completely different, if I get a really good idea - and there's a very real chance I do get a good idea, since bad ideas have started to pop up already.

And if we do start something, I'm definite that it should be relatively simple, and take one year at maximum to make.
#
Jaga 11 years ago
As a suggestion, have you two considered a space-faring adventure, ala Roger Wilco but in the style of Driftmoon? As it wouldn't be a traditional fantasy RPG, you could easily re-use areas for further quests, for a base for the character, additional planets/areas for exploration, etc. It could be somewhat linear, and open at the same time.

Just a suggestion - I'll probably still be playing Driftmoon in a year.
#
MageKing17 11 years ago
Well, Ville? Is a Wazzal 2 (or 3, if you count ZeXLR8er's Notrium mod) in our future?
#
ville 11 years ago
Actually about a year ago I had a great idea for a Wazzal 2, but ahem, they made it already. Not all of my ideas, but so much of it that my Wazzal 2 would always have been compared to FTL. So I'm waiting to get new ideas...

Oh, and the Space Quest RPG might be a great idea!

Edited 11 years ago
#
Death Knight 10 years ago
Sorry for necromancy

I was going to ask if you are still considering another rpg after Driftmoon Expansion pack?
#
INFERNUS 10 years ago
I'm still looking forward for Notrium II.
#
Forum » What is Top Priority

Your email:
Your name: