Register
Email: Password:
Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next
  • [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*

HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    What is adderol and where may it be obtained? My brain needs mind steroids.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago

It's scary. I can actally differentiate from you writing with adderol and without. I personally use addinol

Coincidentally I also drew a rather nice sketch of a Blue

That's just what i plan to coincidentally do!
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    2X

Heh...

Well, I'm going to see if I can actually get some work writing done this weekend... I'm mostly free, except for sunday... I have to work on a group project (a film) for my lit class.

In a bit of a bleh mood, though...

[ADDITION]

Been a long time since I've had to do this. >

You know what this means, right?

Well... I started writing today... Guess what I started writing. Go on, guess. >

Okay, okay... I started writing, actually it is more like re-writing, [1]. Oh, I have a plan too. The plan is this: Before I do anything more... post any more story... I will finish the re-write of [1]. When I am done, I am going to post it here.

You lucky ducklings will then either give me feedback on which writing style you like the best and why, or you get no more story until I figure out how I am going to proceed.

That's right, you heard me. I will seriously put everything on hold until I get this whole re-write thing sorted out.

I am so totally ransoming the continuity of my own novel for some goddamn feedback. The more feedback the better. You don't even have to reply in the forums or anything. I've linked many, many, many people to this topic so they could read my story and they gave me feedback in IRC or in other IM clients.

If you want, advertise my story around your school. Show it to teachers, friends, family... Whatever. Include my e-mail so they can tell me what they think. Print it out and write my e-mail on it... Then hand it to people and tell them to read the beginning of a novel by an aspiring writer and tell her what they think. If you print it out, though, please please PLEASE put "Written by Zombie of the Monkkonen.net forums" somewhere on there. I don't want my work stolen and as I have the original handwritten copies of the story, I will not hesitate to sue out the ass for intellectual property theft. That is, like... The lowest thing you can do to a person...

But I am completely serious about advertising my story. Go out! Tell people to read it and tell me what they think! If I don't get some major feedback, then I don't think I will ever finish this novel... or series... Whatever it may become. Without feedback, I will basically end up writing blindly and it will suck.

Books and such mainly travel by word of mouth. Have you ever seen a commercial for a book? Ever see a poster for a book somewhere other than a store that sells books and/or magazines? Unless someone is looking for a book, chances are that they will not see a book advertised.

Go out there and tell your friends about this if you really like it. Tell them to keep in touch with updates that I will be doing, especially with the re-write of [1] being close at hand. If you want, I could even start some form of crazified mailing list... Have people send me an e-mail with the subject "[CATGIRL] MAILING LIST" or have people who write me actual e-mails say, "Please put me on the [Catgirl] mailing list."

I'm fully willing to update anyone by e-mail who wants to be updated by e-mail... It's a lot easier and more private than updating by forum.

Now get with the word-of-mouth advertising, bizatches! If you're good then I might have some form of surprise for you by christmas... A surprise like [1] - [10] in PDF form... Book style. Cover done by me. Yeahp... You might see the entire prologue in book-like form! Sexy, eh?
    [/ADDITION]

Edited 6 years ago
    #
    Whizatpawahzawha?

You really don't need to go through all that trouble. (Or make us go through all the trouble). Just find a better site for critiqueing and stuff and the rest is just auxiliary feedback.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    If you don't want to do it, then don't do it.

It's that simple.
    #
    I was just suggesting you work small, then if that doesn't suit you, you can then switch over to operation mass media invasion.
    #
    Zombie 18 years ago
    I have yet to find a site that will allow me full artistic creativity to my writing, will allow me even a little publicity, and will let me do updatey things and whatnot while still letting me retain the rights to my work.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    0.o

Well, theres hot.ee

10 megs of space.

free.

no questions asked.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    <.<

>.>

I know i might be digging up an old thread, but i was just wondering...

What ever happened to this story?
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Zombie only posts in the AETAS now, and rarely on the forums. Figure it out yourself.
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    Uhmm... It sort of went on hiatus as I started writing another story of sorts...

I'll probably pick it all up eventually.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    That book thing? "You're WHAT?!"?
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Why don't you have time to post on "regular" threads, Zombie?

Jeez, this keyboard keeps having no-spaces fits that I have to fix, and I keep hitting Caps, too! I WANT MY SLI MOBO! AAAAAA!
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    No, not the book thing. I may still write that, but I don't know.

I started writing a new story about a girl with crazy magical powers and her two familiars... :\ It's really weird so far.
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    weird?

Would it not be ironic if someone wanted to boot you because of it?
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    Huh? "Boot" me?
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    I'm thinking of saying "screw you" to the world and getting back on the ball with Catgirl. I'd be continuing it from the first incarnation, which I happen to like more than the first rewrite. It seems my style is to leave much to the imagination of the reader, so don't expect great amounts of detail. Instead, expect some detail, but only bits and pieces so you have something to fill in. I'm also going to be working on writing a play for this contest I'm entering, so I might post that soon.

I've got a crapload of poems, too... Maybe I'll just get a website up and running. My search for free website hosting resumes.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    My search for free website hosting resumes.
    <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hostrim.com">http://www.hostrim.com</a><!-- w -->
    #
    Idiota 17 years ago
    Hmm... I should reread this stuff then.
    #
    Quanrian 17 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Huh? "Boot" me?

As long as you keep it at or below an R rated level, you're ok.
    #
    Zombie 16 years ago
    Wow. So, I was gonna pop the chapters up here, right? Mmm. Seems like something I'd do. I've written more... And written a bit of another story... And a poem story... :3 So, I want honest feedback here.

Who wants more [Catgirl]?

Who would like my other, yet unnamed story?

Who would like the poem story?

Please provide a reason for [Catgirl] if you're going to choose that one. I haven't worked on it in a while as I've been acclimating to college, but I AM willing to start working on one of them for you guys IF YOU WILL READ IT. If no one is gonna read it, then I won't bother spending the time to type it up. :3
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    I wanna read [Catgirl] becuz I wanna know what happens next!

Also, the "new story" sounds somewhat intriguing.
    #
    Idiota 16 years ago
    It's just that, going for option b is a bit of a guess. And well, choosing between poetry and a novel... not that hard. :p Go work on [Catgirl]!
    #
    Zombie 16 years ago
    Well... I dunno about chapter 11 (which is "done" but not typed up or polished a little...) because, well... A character addition is a little cliche and... odd... I know I had something to counterbalance it... Something to... you know... Make it NOT overpowerful. It's just that I can't remember what that is right now, and there are loads of ideas floating around in my brain. Maybe I'll put 11 up soon and let you all pitch your two cents in. :3
    #
    Zombie 16 years ago
    Forums: Well, Zombie... Why haven't you written any more lately?

Me: Because college sucks and work sucks and I like games. Blame Dwarf Fortress.

That is all.
    #
    E_net4 16 years ago
    Um, Did you actually need to post that in both topics?
    #
    MageKing17 16 years ago
    Yes... yes she did.
    #
    Zombie 16 years ago
    I need to post in every topic. Just to make you ask silly questions.
    #
    Shingo 16 years ago
    "Zombie" said:

Me: Because college sucks and work sucks and I like games. Blame Dwarf Fortress.

That is all.
    Other than a little bit of it initial "hey, let's see the new features" (mainly because of how awesome I was told the X axis is), I have refused to play the current incarnation of DF.

PS. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that on my first time in the new version, after painstakingly selecting an amazingly awesome sight - open magma, goblin fortress in area, decent amount of trees, neat cliff formations.... etc.... I spawned DIRECTLY in the MIDDLE of said goblin fortress. Needless to say, things did not end well.
    #
    Murska 16 years ago
    "Shingo" said:
    "Zombie" said:

That is all.
    Other than a little bit of it initial "hey, let's see the new features" (mainly because of how awesome I was told the X axis is), I have refused to play the current incarnation of DF.

PS. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that on my first time in the new version, after painstakingly selecting an amazingly awesome sight - open magma, goblin fortress in area, decent amount of trees, neat cliff formations.... etc.... I spawned DIRECTLY in the MIDDLE of said goblin fortress. Needless to say, things did not end well.

Reclaim and see how many goblins your dwarves can take out. Make 'em maxed warriors.
    #
    RandomDSdevel (guest) 9 years ago
    Hey, Zombie; I just wanted to let you know (if you're still even around, that is) that I'd really like to see you post more of this story (you know, Catgirl) here. It's kind of driving me nuts that all I have to read of your story is the prologue. If the problem is that you're not feeling inspired, then here're some things that I noticed about your plot that have actually inspired me to write a story of my own. First of all, the old Japanese space station that Nickie, Brene, and Amy find orbiting Earth long after humanity has departed the planet reminds me of a similar Japanese station named Tenkei orbiting the Earth of what might possibly be a nearer future than the one in which Catgirl is set in the MORFS universe. Another thing that I've noticed is that you mention the existence of artificial intelligences on Earth in the fourth paragraph of Chapter 10 and that these remind me of the RIDEs of the FreeRIDErs universe on Shifti, the development of which is described here. In any case, that got me thinking: how would people from the MORFS universe and inhabitants of the FreeRIDErs universe react to each other if they somehow managed to come into contact with each other long before this story is set? If you're interested both in discussing this idea with me and in incorporating its consequences into your own story, then I've set up one thread each for each of the story universes involved; the MORFS one is here, and the FreeRIDErs one is here. Regardless of whether you like and/or are inspired by my idea, though, I hope you get back to writing more of Catgirl soon!
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman! Did you notice that the last post in this thread was 6 years old?
    #
    RandomDSdevel (guest) 9 years ago
    MageKing17 said:
    Holy thread necromancy, Batman! Did you notice that the last post in this thread was 6 years old?

Um…I had some Dark Energon with me? (Sorry, but I'm kind of into Transformers Prime right now; heh, heh…)
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, though; what happened to this story? The discussion thread that was set up for it here just…stops.

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    E_net4 9 years ago
    That's just the effect of time. Many old members, Zombie included, have stopped being active to the forums. It also happens that her project was indefinitely suspended, or so it seems. Many projects on the Internet have such a fate.
    #
    RandomDSdevel 9 years ago
    E_net4 said:
    That's just the effect of time. Many old members, Zombie included, have stopped being active to the forums. It also happens that her project was indefinitely suspended, or so it seems. Many projects on the Internet have such a fate.

But without notification? Isn't that kind of…you know, rude? In any case, I just wanted to let Zombie know that his work has inspired me if he's still out there. If he is, then maybe he should do some more writing; after all, what he's written so far is pretty good, don't you think?
    #
    Forum » [Catgirl] *PROCESSING CHAPTER ELEVEN*
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: