Last updated: December 24th, 2005
I'm working on a campaign for Freespace 2. The campaign is AETAS-based, with some slight differences to explain why the Mercenary Coalition, the Aegrus, the DDC, and the UFDC are using Terran, Vasudan, and Shivan technology.
- Commander Vale - Squadren Leader aboard MCS Archangel (male) (MY FRIEND)
- ????? ???????? - Alpha 1 (male) (ME)
- Ilandur Tanis - Alpha 2 (male) (IDIOTA)
- Larin Daro - Alpha 3 (female)
- Jacob Flannigan - Alpha 4 (male) (GEMINI)
- Rear Admiral Larqua - Commander of the MCS Eclipse (female)
- Admiral Dalia - Commander of the MCS Archangel (male) (GRIM REAPER)
- Lennach Damashi - Beta 1 (Female) (MY SISTER)
- Jaden Braxler II - Leader of MC (male) (HARMLESSHERMIT)
- Vana Botaine - Squadren Leader about MCS Eclipse (female)
- Gary Mandlewood - Chief Technician for MC (male) (CRYSTALLION)
- Karthak - Someone with information? (alien)
- Garret - I think you all know. (male)
- More to come as campaign progresses.
We have 13 characters, but only 8 voices. WE NEED MORE VOICES! (note: if we can't get enough people to do voices, we'll just have to have people double up)
A friend from school
If anyone wants to help, post here. If you have any questions, try to catch me on MSN or IRC rather than clutter up the forums. However, don't hesitate to post if I'm not on.
Side note: The Mercenary Coalition does not use Science Vessels for research purposes, as they conduct no active research. They are instead in charge of large non-military operations, such as the mining operation in the Outer Belt and the Nemesis Reconstruction.
Screenshot 1 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0000.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0000.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Screenshot 2 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0001.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0001.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Screenshot 3 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0002.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0002.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Screenshot 4 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0003.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0003.jpg</a><!-- m -->
Basically all of me looking down at the MCS Eclipse and the Croxia Jump Node right before (and as) the Eclipse enters subspace. Note the cool subspace portal effect curtesy of the FS2 Source Code Project. Also note the objectives panel on the left side. As you can see, I have a twisted sense of humour when it comes to naming ships. Circle, Glorious, and Dress to Kill are all shows done by British comedean Eddie Izzard, and now are the names of the three Hammer of Light cruisers that attempt to ambush the Eclipse. The Naja Klash is the Typhon-class destroyer that comes in after the Circle, Glorious, and Dress to Kill have been destroyed. The meaning of it's name is a bit obscure, and not altogether appropriate, so I'll just leave it to your imaginations, which will make it a hundred times worse than it already is and cause me no end of entertainment.
Screenshot 5 - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/MageKing17/AETAS_screen0004.jpg">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/ ... en0004.jpg</a><!-- m -->
This one's an in-game shot of MC HQ in all it's glowing glory.