Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Narvius 10 years ago
    Craig Pearson of RPS doesn't seem too thrilled with Audiosurf 2.
    Edited 10 years ago
    #
    E_net4 10 years ago
    Although he was expecting a bit too much from a (rather) early release, he's got a few good points there. The whole jumponyourwakeboardtogetpoints mechanics don't seem very exciting, considering you're moving away from the track.
    #
    Narvius 10 years ago
    I've got to play me some Skullgirls recently.
    It's pretty awesome, and I don't even like beat'em ups. This one made me actually understand the whole underlying intricacies (which doesn't mean I can apply that knowledge yet. Soon.) and stuff.
    #
    Amarth 10 years ago
    Next to Solium Infernus we should also play Alpha Centauri together! It's super-cheap on GOG!
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Narvius said:
    I've got to play me some Skullgirls recently.
    It's pretty awesome, and I don't even like beat'em ups.
    I think somebody doesn't know the difference between a beat 'em up and a fighting game.
    #
    Narvius 10 years ago
    Uhm. Indeed. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN SO WHATEVER.
    It's still awesome.
    #
    Amarth 10 years ago
    Card Hunter is all kinds of brilliant. Play it!
    #
    Narvius 10 years ago
    I played it for a bit, and it doesn't want to click with me. Neither the gameplay itself, nor the "setting" (I didn't really grow up with the whole D&D "culture", nor do I particularly care for it, despite being an avid P&P RPG player).

Turn-based strategy games built around cards is still an awesome idea - I wish someone could finally nail an implementation that draws me in forever.

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Narvius said:
    Turn-based strategy games built around cards is still an awesome idea - I wish someone could finally nail an implementation that draws me in forever.
    Have you ever played Magic: the Gathering?
    #
    Narvius 10 years ago
    Yes. Extensively. But when saying "turn-based strategy" game I did actually mean something with a spatial element.
    #
    Pete 10 years ago
    No harm in posting this here as well, I figure.
    #
    NeoGangster 10 years ago
    How the hell did you manage to get the rocket onto the flag?
    KSP 0.22 is awesome can't wait for more carrer mode features.
    #
    Pete 10 years ago
    Reaction wheel abuse. They were strong enough to make it roll across the surface and eventually the batteries got caught on the flag and pulled it up.

...this gives me the idea for an UNORTHODOX ROVER DESIGN, now that I think about it. To the labs!
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    So, I'm currently playing the new Shadow Warrior. I am having... way more fun than I expected. Katana mechanics are awesome, regular FPS elements are well-executed, and some hilarious snarking dialogue/one-liners (including an Eddie Izzard reference! "Would you like death or cake? I should warn you we're out of cake."). I have an annoying tendency to forget I have Ki powers (except the healing one, of course), but they're fun when I remember I have them. All in all, a thoroughly-entertaining and well-made game so far. Makes one wonder why the hell DNF couldn't have been even a quarter this good.
    #
    liebling 10 years ago
    Magic Barrage is the one of the best ever free to play Barrage Hell browser game. With a retro 8-bit style, 8 classes and thousands of items to discover MB is easy to play but difficult to master.

here is a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z19c-sxocnI
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    Replaying MW4:Mercs again. Ah, nostalgia... there's something indefinable in the experience of firing at an undamaged 'Mech and having it instantly explode.
    #
    Amarth 10 years ago
    GUUUUUUUYS

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/15/alpha-centaurish-pandora-first-contact-out-now/

Modern Alpha Centauri!

You guuuys! Let's plaaaaay!

EDIT: holy shit it's expensive

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Endymion 10 years ago
    I had a beta build of it but I managed to break it by just starting it and forgetting it exists for a day and I couldn't get it to work after that even when I reinstalled it At least I got to see the nice looking menu.
    #
    NeoGangster 10 years ago
    X: Rebirth got released two days ago. I was so hyped in the first minutesw and now I'm so sad. I know the X games were never perfect, never bug free, never good at explaining anything but Rebirth just makes me sad. If you want to know what's wrong with it in detail just read or watch any review of it.
    I see the foundation of a good game but it feels like they only had time to finish that foundation and the graphics.
    I wouldn't be sad if this would've been a kickstarter or early access because this really feels like one of those just that nobody told me before...
    At least it looks nice right?

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Anonymous1157 10 years ago
    Valve is having one of those get-the-game-and-start-it-once-to-own-it-forever events for Left 4 Dead 2.

... Or so I've heard. The store is effectively offline right now. Can't even ping it.

Edit: HA! I got in! It looks like all I had to do was mash the button on the game's page to own it, but I'll install it just in case... WAIT TWELVE GIGABYTES WHAT THE HELL

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    NeoGangster 10 years ago
    heard it, missed it
    #
    MageKing17 10 years ago
    I thought everyone who wanted L4D2 already had it.
    #
    MageKing17 said:
    I know that everyone who wanted L4D2 and had money in their Steam Wallet during a sale already had it.
    #
    E_net4 10 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    MageKing17 said:
    I know that everyone who wanted L4D2 and had money in their Steam Wallet during a sale already had it.
    I counter that. Add friends that gift you stuff.
    #
    E_net4 said:
    Anonymous1157 said:
    MageKing17 said:
    I counter that. Add friends that gift you stuff.
    Well, all right, you have a point. I've gotten two games from my friends in as many holiday sales; one from my wishlist, and another that I wouldn't have considered buying for myself, but am grateful to have.
    #
    NeoGangster 10 years ago
    Anyone playing Dayz Standalone?
    #
    Grim Reaper 10 years ago
    So I came across an extra copy of Haunt the House: Terrortown. Would anyone be interested?
    #
    Endymion 9 years ago
    Vote for UnReal World on Greenlight! It's awesome.
    #
    Grim Reaper 9 years ago
    Remember when Magicka: Wizard Wars had a pre-launch thing where people could get free items for signing up and getting others to sign up?

They're doing a similar thing with Magicka 2, 'cept there's also a minigame to play.

(also, the extra copy of HtH is still up for grabs, throw a PM at me if you're interested)
    #
    MageKing17 9 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRtqy0CGur4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7FbYAmrX0

So. Homeworld Remastered. Get hype.

Edited 9 years ago
    #
    Narvius 9 years ago
    I'm a bit late, but Valkyria Chroncles is amazing.
    * 3d animu game that does not look like utter shit;
    * war-themed, yet unique;
    * very focused design - you have story vignettes ("cutscenes"; with pretty much the right length) and (fun!) combat operations;
    * while characters fall into known cliches, they're usually not so overplayed as to be off-putting.

I'm not far enough into it yet to deliver a verdict on story or whatever, but it's really great.
    #
    Endymion 9 years ago
    Survival Kids 2's fantranslation seems to be finally done! I've been waiting/hoping for that ages.
    #
    NeoGangster 8 years ago
    So I discovered the Long War mod for XCOM: Enemy Within and I love it. It sure is time consuming and you need to learn a lot from the wiki and reddit if you don't want to replay the first 50 hours again and again just to get by with trial and error. The learning curve is really steep but the new tactical options and the strategic decisions you need to do make it really worthwhile if you love XCOM:EU/EW but wanted a more in depth experience with feeling like the aliens may overwhelm you any second and every mistake might be your last.

To get a good feeling what you can expect: Beagles Live and Impossible

Edited 8 years ago
    #
    E_net4 8 years ago
    I'm not sure how many of you folks have looked into Tabletop Simulator (it isn't that much of a recent game)... but it definitely serves as a fun playground for a lot of games that we could play. Look it up! One day we might have enough players for Secret Hitler (slightly resembles Werewolf ) or something.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: