Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Madgamer 17 years ago
    *sigh*

Well it seems that my old topic was erased in the recent rampage.

Anyways The Battle for Wesnoth is an awesome freeware strategy game. Even though it's turn-based (good 'ol classics) it does its job fantastically.

'Nuff said, just download the huge 56MB file and play your life out of it. You won't regret it.
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    ...Better not.
    It ain't good to play the same game all the time.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    By the way, anyone wants to go with me for a round oh Wesnoth?

1 on 1 is fine, but I'd rather have 2 v 2 or FFA with 4 people. It just gets interesting that way
    #
    Solus Lupus 17 years ago
    I might, PM me with the time. Perferibly sunday after three US eastern. Why is the same game over a long time bad? By the way I have not played in a long time and will not be the best.
    #
    Zombie 17 years ago
    Hey... How'd you find Wesnoth? Is it a coincidence that I've been talking about it in the channel for the past week, or did you hear of it from me?

Seriously, I'm freaking out here. D: I don't like coincidences like this. Makes me paranoid. ;.;
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I found it on gamehippo.

Coincidentally...
    #
    E_net4 17 years ago
    1 Word to change your life!
    Blockland
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "E_net4" said:
    1 Word to change your life!
    Blockland
    1 word to not change your life!
    Phail.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    "Zombie" said:
    Hey... How'd you find Wesnoth? Is it a coincidence that I've been talking about it in the channel for the past week, or did you hear of it from me?

Seriously, I'm freaking out here. D: I don't like coincidences like this. Makes me paranoid. ;.;

So, shall I rhyme?

And nay, I digged it in GameHippo, and 'tis a fun game indeed. ('tis is 'It is' right? I don't wanna make the same mistake again >.<
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    ('tis is 'It is' right? I don't wanna make the same mistake again >.<
    Truly, thou art correct in thine assumption. (I love the sound of archaic speech )
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    So, shall I rhyme?

We're catching on, apparently.
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    We're catching on, apparently.
    Too bad we don't rhyme fluently.

Lol @ rhyme. Anyways, Blockland Retail sucks. I'd save the money until they release an updated RTB, although I've been thinking of getting it now just in case the price goes up by another ten if/when they decide to include RTB as the default mod. 'Cause, seriously, it was the best mod hands-down in pre-retail RTB. Imagine how much better it'll be in the updated engine.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freegame.cz/en/rub.php?idr=4&st=24">http://www.freegame.cz/en/rub.php?idr=4&st=24</a><!-- m -->

I'm betting that almost 70% of the games in here are the ones you never knew.

Shame only about 10% of them are really worth playing. Many of them I believe are freeware and not many of them are from other file hosting sites like gamehippo. When I mean many, that's over 80-90ish%. Go check it out.

Edit: Unfortunately, about 70% of them aren't even translated... Ugg.

Also, don't depend on the percentage system too much. One of the best games I've ever played got a low 84% score.

Editsie: I didn't notice until now, but it seems that I was VERY statistic.

Oi, and degrade the translation rate from 70% to 50%.

And I'll have a list of downloads worth playing as soon as I get most of them...
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Dont wanna make another thread.

Anyone still playing Urban dead here?
    #
    Amarth 17 years ago
    Urban dead became a bit boring after a long time without updates with a maxed-out character. The concept was fun, though.

Has anyone here played Transcendence? It's sort of Wazzal meets roguelike, pretty fun. I don't remember where I picked it up, so if someone posted about this before, sorry.
    #
    Bien45 17 years ago
    I know Transcendence
    I even know a cheat (sort of)
    1. first you create a shortcut pointing to transcendence and put (in the rargetbox)outside the(the one at the right end) " -debug
    like this "E:\Transcendence\Transcendence.exe" -debug
    2.run the game using the shortcut
    3.you will see a new button at the topright saying debug
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Tango Strike is teh awesome.

'Nuff said. Download NOW.

The only problem I have with this was that in the mission where you rescue the general there's a bug that quits Tango Strike after successful mission and makes you start over. That happened to me twice but on third no problems.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    Tango Strike is teh awesome.
    Interesting how The Forge is right below it.
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    It's kind of sad how of all these years I played only one game from Ville, guess. >.>

The Spirit Engine is a great side-scroller RPG which is just about nice in every aspect. I don't know what the reviewer was talking about when he wrote about walking REALLY slow at times. You'll get used to that type of pace soon enough unless you're in towns without the speed running option. The storyline was decent for me, due to the fact that there's over 18 combinations (!!!) of party members you can get.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Madgamer" said:
    The Spirit Engine is a great side-scroller RPG which is just about nice in every aspect. I don't know what the reviewer was talking about when he wrote about walking REALLY slow at times. You'll get used to that type of pace soon enough unless you're in towns without the speed running option. The storyline was decent for me, due to the fact that there's over 18 combinations (!!!) of party members you can get.
    I've tried it, and it seemed nice. And from what I just calculated in my head, it would be 27 combinations (one out of three for each of the three "classes").
    #
    Madgamer 17 years ago
    Hmmm....

Well anyways, Spirit Engine is insanely hard later on and mostly depends on your strategy, there's not much luck used in this game and that's one of the reasons why I love it.

I'm still on the 4th world using Peter, Zepher, and the 3rd row girl whose name for now we can call Vanilla. I have no tanks with Vanilla as my only heavy armored wizard and I keep on dying a LOT. One misstep will lead you to your doom, seriously.

Here's an impossible challenge for you guys. Start with 3 mages and win with it? Sounds tough? Hell yeah. Even though you'll be running through the first world like a water through a toilet paper, it's teh insane on 4th.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Madgamer" said:
    I've tried it, and it seemed nice. And from what I just calculated in my head, it would be 27 combinations (one out of three for each of the three "classes").
    I also calculate 27 combinations, so no idea where 18 combinations comes from.

I've played The Spirit Engine. I thought it was okay, though I was only interested in it for the plot, and since I found myself unable to get past a certain part, I lost interest. That was a few years ago, though, so I might give it another try...
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    Astro Battle!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.astrobattle.com">http://www.astrobattle.com</a><!-- m -->

I have spent huge portions of my free time engineering a ship that will crush the competition in any situation. I'm still working on it.

v2 just came out, has some bugs but overall pretty great.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "ahrenjb" said:
    Astro Battle!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.astrobattle.com">http://www.astrobattle.com</a><!-- m -->

I have spent huge portions of my free time engineering a ship that will crush the competition in any situation. I'm still working on it.

v2 just came out, has some bugs but overall pretty great.

Seems a lot of interesting(I did write it like that on purpose). When Ill get home Ill have to try it.
    #
    This game looks good.
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    If you want a quick time passer, theres the ancient Netrek

Good gameplay overall. Lacks content though.
    #
    ... Meh. I tried Astro Battle, and it's decent, but I'd like it more if it was 3D. Not to mention the fact that I built this huge truss-armored thing and I couldn't try it because Practice Mode is limited to 40 modules. Oh, and this one's REALLY annoying: It leaves my resolution down when I exit it.
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    Everything is limited to 40 modules.

Play it in 800x600 windowed mode, it works much better anyway.
    #
    There is absolutely no way to change options anywhere.

[edit] Nevermind, I forgot about the splash screen.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Meh, Id like it a lot more if 80% of the avaiable parts didnt have to be BOUGHT for REAL money. I also find annoying that stuff on the screen in the desing window tends to stay in place after I close it.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    I actually like how that stuff stays there. What bothers me is that the retarded menuing system is so damn slow, so I have to click a button and wait three seconds for it to react, even though it's a retarded top-down game with some 3D models.

Somebody should clone this game for free.
    #
    Lochen 16 years ago
    Good idea, as it does look somewhat decent, though notrium is still a great deal better, and free on top of that.
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    Well, the developer, Uberscott on the forums, was pressed for money so he prematurely declared AB2 gold. The latest version of AB1, 1.0.8, was practically glitch free, and a LOT of fun. Unfortunately all the servers for that game have been shut down, and he won't give us what we need to write a dedicated server program.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    Does the older game have LAN? I've been playing AB2, and I love it, but I don't feel like spending $20 since I wanted that money for something else, and if I make an account, I'm guaranteed to lose out on that "buy one, get one free" offer for the two expansion packs.
    #
    ahrenjb 16 years ago
    I wasn't even sure the Buy one, Get one free was still operational.

I just had the basic free modules for a long time until someone on the forums went out and bought 5 expansion packs to support the developer. He then raffled them off to active community members. I got lucky. Around Xmas time the developer gave the second pack away free to anyone with the first pack that was active enough.

It's definitely worth having the packs if you have the money, otherwise there are some pretty good fighters you can make with the basic parts.

Unfortunately the older game didn't have LAN capabilities, which is a bummer because it had half the system requirements and would have been fun to play with friends. Maybe someday Scott will be coaxed into giving us a LAN update.
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: