Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Monkkonen.net in Chinese... and back again

Monkkonen.net in Chinese... and back again

HarmlessHermit 16 years ago
A google search of my name turned this up:

http://sc2tc.mojolingo.com.tw/m2m-0000/www.monkkonen.net/news.php

Nothing special. Probably a less than perfect translation of the site into Chinese.

Now for some reason I can't directly link to it, but follow these steps.

1. Google "HarmlessHermit" with or w/o quotes.
2. Go to the Chinese version of monkkonen.net and click: Translate this page.

Note that the site may disappear from the google search at any time. I found these translations particularly funny.

15 November 2005
Cormoon Screenshot

If you have not already heard, Ville and Quanrian Cormoon is being created as the new competition, Reading quickly on the matter in this forum.

We have a screenshot forum CFS competition. Rafah new ideas to the imagination screenshot competition.
The winner was NeoGangster injection, we stay competitive victors do.

07 August 2005
Notrium fanfic

HarmlessHermit has been finalized his Notrium basis to the story Notrium legend : survivors, but monkkonen.net is the fine art work of the proud owner. Reading the story here.

Introduced here :
Varactor body masters' Equinallin is leading his ship on a routine and adventure expedition to the cellular sector members, but they found waiting for the ancient and mysterious planet. Notrium。Notrium. The captain can decide whether before landing, firing a missile from the planetary fly upward and do not intend to shoot down a ship. In the distant planet isolation, through his most members dead, the captain must deceive Ville through the heart Fleet without mercy, and discrete survivors reunited survive, and reveals his own secrets and Notrium. He is a journey of its own-discovery and survival.

01 May 2005
Werivar Mod

UberWaffe released his Werivar Mod 1.05 version. Mod to the general expansion of Notrium competition, the introduction of a completely new competition and a new list of great things. Download it here and read more of it in that forum.

12 April 2005
Bugfix 1.341

1.34 worms which fixed for all the projects is small trucks disappear when you rescue competition time. You will need to change start a new work of the competition.

10 March 2005
Wazzal mod update

ZeXLR8 er!! has updated his Wazzal Notrium mod. You can download the third beta version here, but give him your thoughts on this one line. *

*Note that in the original, "this one line" is a link to the THREAD about the Wazzal mod.

AND... the funniest one by far:

This was the original:

04 Jan 2005
Forum Avatar/Signature competition

Last year we held a little signature/avatar competition at the monkkonen.net forums. The winner was NeoGangster with his funky avatar:

Congratulations!

And the mangled version:

04 January 2005
Forum embodiment of God / signature competition

Last year we took a little signature / God incarnations monkkonen.net competition in the Forum. Victor with his funk God is the embodiment NeoGangster:

Congratulations!
#
Anarion 16 years ago
Lol, yeah those translators can be pretty useless at times.

And welcome back HH
#
Anonymous1157 16 years ago
YAY! HH IS BACK!

... And what kind of idiot translated Our Forum's Homepage?
#
E_net4 16 years ago
Same of what both of you said. Welcome back.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
Heh... Check out the one about the Monkkonen.net chatroom!

I'd quote it here, but for some reason the text translation doesn't copy-paste properly.
#
bwansy 16 years ago
I couldn't help laughing at it.
Here are some examples:
"Projects corner" -> "Projects being cornered"
"Any one know Orbiter/TA Spring?" -> "Spring" being the season
"Welcome back" -> "Welcoming backwards"
"Pros and Cons" -> "Professionals and tricks"
"Sticky" -> "Sticky", literally

Web translators can never be perfect, especially when translating between two completely different language systems. The Google Japanese <--> English is even more awkward.
When you use web translators to translate it back to English, it would become even more funny, and the original meanings are almost lost completely.

EDIT: I just checked, "Spring" in "TA Spring" really bears the meaning of "spring the season" somewhat.
#
HarmlessHermit 16 years ago
The Virginia Tech Massacre thread got translated into:

Virginia Holocaust technology!
#
E_net4 16 years ago
Bloody lol, man!
#
bwansy 16 years ago
"HarmlessHermit" said:
The Virginia Tech Massacre thread got translated into:

Virginia Holocaust technology!
Actually, it was translated into "Virginia technical massacre", but it's funny enough.
#
Anarion 16 years ago
I'm sure several of you may remember my story about the e-mail that Grimsy sent me that was in Finnish, which, when translated, appeared to contain Satanic references.
#
Murska 16 years ago
It DID come from Grim, so I don't think that's so odd.
#
Anarion 16 years ago
Well it was meant to be a G-mail invite
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
"Murska" said:
What's with everyone associating The Grim Reaper with Satan and the like? Everything from Hell to Heaven and from Nirvana to Limbo come AFTER the Reaper's done his job.
#
E_net4 16 years ago
I'd like to see that again, do you have it?
#
Anonymous1157 16 years ago
Yea, do you have it? I don't think I ever read it in the first place.
#
Anarion 16 years ago
Yeah, I still have it....and had a good laugh reading the translation again.

Grimsy is conscription thee uncut maksuttoman Gmail - accountancy. Lubrication agree conscription and enrol salary dislocation osoitteeseen <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mail.google.com/mail/a-ea9c4317fe-45533645fd-d4468866b0">http://mail.google.com/mail/a-ea9c4317f ... d4468866b0</a><!-- m -->. While olet by salary Grimsy may ilmoituksen newly sähköpostiosoitteestasi , to beat shall liaison Gmailin with! Tiesitkö , that Gmail is new-fangled hakupohjainen Webmail - attendance , which tarjoaa : past megatavua ( twain gigatavua ) display tallennustilaa sisäänrakennetun Google haun , which discover immediately haluamasi media automatically company , which array signalman and niihin mingling vastaukset keskusteluiksi " effectively roskapostisuojauksen Googlen innovatiivisen technology qualification large-scale irritant bill for crumble tekstimainoksia and media content mingling tributary. Satan lisätietoja Gmailista ere rekisteröitymistä osoitteessa http:/mail.google.com/ bat / apu intl fi /benefits.html Lubrication acquaint uuteen sähköpostipalveluun dislocation vaivattomuuteen tutustumalla uuteen siirtymisoppaaseemme http:/mail.google.com/ bat / apu switch // Effort continually evolving Gmailia , so satan occasionally demand mielipidettäsi and ehdotuksiasi. Hoping , that olet content Gmailiin. We anyway purport. It budding proportion ajan. Acknowledgment , Gmail - team ( if word olevan URL - evidence napsauttaminen no affair , print and gliding address selaimesi osoiteriville ).
#
Crazy 16 years ago
Oh, yeah, that's Satan alright.
#
Murska 16 years ago
"Grim Reaper" said:
"Murska" said:
What's with everyone associating The Grim Reaper with Satan and the like? Everything from Hell to Heaven and from Nirvana to Limbo come AFTER the Reaper's done his job.

I'm just associating you(or Crazy) with everything odd I happen to see. If I do find the connection, I'm happy. If I don't, it's there somewhere. Also, it's maybe because people somehow associate death as evil, which in my opinion is just stupid.

Anyway, the email is even MORE funny to those who can read finnish too. Just remember this: "Satan occasionally demands your opinion and ideas."
#
Anarion 16 years ago
"Murska" said:
Anyway, the email is even MORE funny to those who can read finnish too. Just remember this: "Satan occasionally demands your opinion and ideas."
Then could you or one of the other Fins on this forum translate it for those of us who can't read Finnish?
#
Nuklearni-okurka 16 years ago
Ummm where is that translate back button?
#
Murska 16 years ago
"Anarion" said:
"Murska" said:
Then could you or one of the other Fins on this forum translate it for those of us who can't read Finnish?

Ask Grim. It wouldn't be half as good with all english, IMO, for a part of the inherent funnyness is the double-language.
#
Bien45 16 years ago
OMG! I checked it, and the website got corrupted!
#
ville 16 years ago
How is Victor with his Funk God now?
#
Crazy 16 years ago
I'm thinking more about this "lubrication acquaint".
#
Forum » Monkkonen.net in Chinese... and back again

Your email:
Your name: