Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Ville is getting a new house

Ville is getting a new house

ville 16 years ago
Hi all! We're getting a new house in a couple of months. A big one, much bigger than we'd need, but I guess I'm just used to having one room altogether. We've already sold our flat. Didn't get a good price for it, but I think the new owner likes it because he's already changed his address there. So we're getting his mail for a couple of weeks.

For the past month or more we've been doing nothing much but packing. Anne's got so much useless junk hidden away in those closets that it seems to fill dozens of boxes.

Between all this I've managed to make some new code for the Cormoon game engine. There is pathfinding for bots, and the game maps can now be much more filled with stuff because there are speedups in many areas. The content side is still at pretty much zero. Quanrian cannot get the game to run now, because I've gotten an updated compiler, and now the game doesn't start on Windows 98 anymore. I'm hoping there aren't that many of those out there.
#
Thaif 16 years ago
A new house , eh? Well hopefully it'll be just right for you two, best of luck on packing that mountain of good 'n essentials.

Nice to also know that Cormoon is trickling along.
#
Idiota 16 years ago
I hope that your new house gives you the artistic insight to make Cormoon an even better game.
#
Amarth 16 years ago
Moving certainly takes a hell of a lot of time. But if the new house fits you more, that's great. Don't get lost in all the rooms.

Not too good that the game doesn't run for Quan. Hope it gets solved quickly...
#
E_net4 16 years ago
I just hope you don't lose anything from all those boxes.

About the engine: "Once again, excellent work!"
#
MageKing17 16 years ago
Congratulations!

I can't think of anything incredibly witty to say, however, so I'll just steal someone else's wit for a moment.

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom."

Hopefully more wisdom will come out of this than experience.
#
The Gemini 16 years ago
Hey that's great man! A new house is allways awesome.
#
Murska 16 years ago
"The Gemini" said:
Hey that's great man! A new house is allways awesome.

Unless it's worse than the last one.
#
Grim Reaper 16 years ago
So, when are you going to be moving, and is the house big enough for the raising of offspring?
#
ville 16 years ago
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! We just moved the piano yesterday. A cabinet fell on my pinkie.
It'll be big enough for children certainly. Let's just hope maintaining the house doesn't take too much of my time away from coding.
#
speedblade 16 years ago
Piano? Cool, I play too, http://youtube.com/results?search_query=speedblade2&search_type=
#
ville 16 years ago
You play pretty good. I don't know how to play at all, mostly Anne uses it when she practices her singing.
#
ville 15 years ago
News is that we've now moved to the new house! It's really awesome, I've got my own room for making games.
I don't know if many of you have heard that we're getting a baby as well. He/she will be born in late November. I still hope to keep up my work on the Cormoon engine, though I honestly have no idea how much work a baby will be.
#
Idiota 15 years ago
For the first time, a subject on these forums that women CAN discuss! Zombies don't count.
#
Amarth 15 years ago
Ooh, a little Ville. Congratulations!
#
E_net4 15 years ago
Aye, congratulations!
#
MageKing17 15 years ago
That's awesome, I wish you both (or should I say all three of you?) the best.
#
Shingo 15 years ago
So you're definitely going to run an online contest here to decide the name of said baby, yes?
#
Amarth 15 years ago
He'll probably be using that program that generated the name of Wazzal and Notrium (and Cormoon?) by some combination of randomness and googling for non-existence.
#
E_net4 15 years ago
"Amarth" said:
He'll probably be using that program that generated the name of Wazzal and Notrium (and Cormoon?) by some combination of randomness and googling for non-existence.
I just felt sorry for the baby.
#
Idiota 15 years ago
"Amarth" said:

I think the name 'Cormoon' was derived from a naming contest here on the forums, even though none of the applicants actually produced the name 'Cormoon', 'Tormoon' was enough of an inspiration for ville to come up with the (imo) better name.

Not ever going to forget this one, because I was the one who came up with 'Tormoon.' :p Still something I enjoy saying over, and over, and over, again.
#
E_net4 15 years ago
Thinking about contests... how about it? You know, a new one?
#
Forum » Ville is getting a new house

Your email:
Your name: