Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?

Five_AM 18 years ago
    For me it was on cd that came from a magazine called PC Powerplay (its an australian mag). The version was 1.2. I played it until I had finished all of the endings and added in a couple of modded weapons after that, now im back into it because me and my team are modding it.
    #
    Elukka 18 years ago
    I googled and somehow found Wazzal. It was ages ago...
    #
    Fouine 18 years ago
    I was looking for a good freeware game on megagames, and I found Notrium this way. Then I ventured on the forum and decided to subscribe when I saw the Cormoon development forum.

It was yesterday evening...
    #
    Lord Kronos 18 years ago
    i got it on a website i usually visit, since they put free games. some of them were just nice, some were crappy, but one day, i saw notrium... in that time i had played too bikez 2, wazzal and magebane, and knew that those were Ville games, but never had came upon my mind that this site existed....

Then, one day after i deleted notrium and was searching on google i decided to put the keywords notrium and discovered Ville site. From that day i became a Notrium fan, like all Ville games.

oh, and in case you guys want the website, it's <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tilttotal.com">http://www.tilttotal.com</a><!-- w -->
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    I went to Acid-play.com There's so much free games over there....
    #
    Daz_T 18 years ago
    I got it from the australian PC user ages ago, then i came to the website and got bikez 2 and the forge from here.
    #
    Hinasas 18 years ago
    It was under the "new"section of download.com
    #
    Scythe 18 years ago
    In 1998 I stumbled upon a game called Magebane, which was fun to play although it was hellishly buggy. That must have been my "first encounter" with villes games.
    #
    Madgamer 18 years ago
    I got it from acid-play.com

No more gamehippo updates for a long time
    #
    HarmlessHermit 18 years ago
    I know huh? After the huge update of games by the new reviewer, things have been quite there for a while. I haven't seen a review from Boson forever. Their Notrium review is still from version 1.0 despite what they say about always posting updates for old games.
    #
    Solus Lupus 18 years ago
    A web sit called TTLG, a fourm and such for die hard Theif 1 and 2 fans. No 3 fans allowed, unless the others have been played. Anyways it was just a topic I forgot about what and some one mentioned this as a good survival game so I tried it... I am hooked on it now.
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    i went on a game site that has downloads and it had the highest rank on adventure 90.1% so i downloaded it.
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    Notrium got 90.1%? not bad, not bad at all.

Oh, btw, Mattyw, nice to see that youre being quite the active member, i just hope you don't... burn out...
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    lol, thanks
    #
    Half 18 years ago
    I found a Notrium review at http://www.reloaded.org/index.php and downloaded the game.
    after seeing how good it was (though I suck at it) I entered this site and downloaded two more of ville's game.
    they were just as good.

BTW,
    i'm new here... i'm a 16 y.o. guy from Israel and starting to love finland (ville is finish isn't he?).
    I'll apologize for every mistake I'll probarly do with my english. I hope it's good inaf to anderstand.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    This is probably kind of weird after 30 or so pages of off topicism
    But I also got my version of Notrium From a Magazine with a disc
    But it was version 1.2 then and it took me a while to bother to look at the website and find 1.3

[EDIT] The Magazine also contained Wazzal and Magebane 2
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    hm quanrian told me on RW somewhen
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "YinYin" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    Ah. That does make more sense.

Although, seriously, on a thread this off-topic, wouldn't it be considered off-topic to post on-topic?

as if you are making sense

MK, you are confusing this with the Off-Topic Topic, where off-topic stuff is on-topic, and therefore off-topic.

And I first heard of/got Notrium via a CD that came with a magazine, 'twas v1.2.

All the versions after that I heard from these forums...

But the first game I heard of (made by Ville, that is) was Forge, which also came on a CD that came with a magazine. It was the same magazine, although different year.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Deleted off-topic messages. Now, I'm serious about not spamming this thread as it is something I like to read.

In essence, tell us where have you first come into contact with one of my games.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Don't think I've posted in this thread before...
    A few years ago I downloaded Wazzal, found it kind of lacking (no offense, just not my typa' game). And then like right when it came out I found a link to Monkonnen.net and downloaded Notrium 1.30, and then later realized you were the guy who made Wazzal.

That's pretty much it.
    #
    Amarth 18 years ago
    I'm not sure I have posted this before... but it's not very interesting, I found it on HotU, it was on the front page. Don't remember whether it was new or updated, but IIRC it was not too long before the 1.2 release.
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Found this game on a freeware site. I later wondered why the heck it was freeware. Freeware is supposed to suck.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Rezan" said:
    Freeware is supposed to suck.
    No, freeware is just upposed to be free. The reason why freeware sucks at times is because the developer of the freeware software isn't that good in what s/he is doing.
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    I kind of meant it in regard to my experience with freeware games. I've played very few good games that are free. Actually, there are only three =P I've prowled the freeware sites looking for good free games in the past - they're freakin hard to come by.

They don't make em like Notrium no more.
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    "Rezan" said:
    I kind of meant it in regard to my experience with freeware games. I've played very few good games that are free. Actually, there are only three =P I've prowled the freeware sites looking for good free games in the past - they're freakin hard to come by.

They don't make em like Notrium no more.

Just wait for villé and Quanrian's next game: Cormoon. It's going to be shareware, but with most of it's options enabled in the not-paid version.
    #
    Zanfib 18 years ago
    Cave Story? It's one of the best games in my recent memory.

I found Ville at:

http://forums.livingwithstyle.com/t1649-free-games-inside.html
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Back on topic please.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    I sense some deleted posts...

I found it on a website, still 1.2, I was playing for 2 weeks while wondering what is that Hermit's hut everyone was talking about...
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    I was playing for 2 weeks while wondering what is that Hermit's hut everyone was talking about...
    XD

Okay, now that's a heck of a way to find out about 1.3, I have to say.
    #
    Dex Stewart 17 years ago
    I found it on a freeware site which I forgot(if I remember properly it was called Weapons of Distraction; you can google it)
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    Long long ago i had a CD...
    On that CD i found Wazzal...
    I saw the Name Mönkkönen every day, because I played Wazzal everyday (i didn't understand anything because i couldn't understand english in that time ).

MUCH later (real time): 2003. I've got an Internet Connection. At the beginning i didn't use it to much. But then, at the beginning of 2004 i found a side called 'Google' (lol) and the first what i typed in was 'Mönkkönen'. In that way i found this side. But it took a while before i entered these Forum.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "DarkAlienX" said:
    EDite: HOW DO YOU FIND WAZZAL ON A CD! RAWR!
    OBVIOUSLY the CD came with some gaming magazine or something, or it was a CD with some games a friend of his burned because the friend thought he'd like those games.

That answer your question? Seriously, though, are you daft or something?
    #
    sod9gfk 17 years ago
    I was searching for a demolition derby game, ran into Bikez. Then I came and looked at the website found notrium and got hooked.
    #
    Narvius 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    it was a CD with some games a friend of his burned because the friend thought he'd like those games.

Thats it.
    #
    Bokasha 17 years ago
    I found Notrium on a freeware website (acid-play i think)
    and I went to the website to see if the developer had anymore good games. (he did)
    #
    Forum » Where did you hear about Ville or his Games?
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: