Register
Email: Password:
Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next
  • The new gaming thread

Anonymous1157 11 years ago
    Coincidentally, so have I.

You know what I hate the most? When you think your cave is lit up enough to work in, and then a skeleton falls into the hole you're mining in. Skeletons are EVIL. They fire IMMEDIATELY when they see you.

Also, has diamond gotten rarer, or is it just the sheer amount of new ores in Tekkit making it look that way? I have something like a square kilometer of livable space near bedrock, and ten diamonds to show for it. The only other things I've run out of are copper and rubber. (I was surprised to run out of rubber, 'cause two stacks lasted me so long that I just about forgot I ever needed to go tap trees.)
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Skeletons are EVIL.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    Anonymous1157 said:
    Also, has diamond gotten rarer, or is it just the sheer amount of new ores in Tekkit making it look that way? I have something like a square kilometer of livable space near bedrock, and ten diamonds to show for it. The only other things I've run out of are copper and rubber. (I was surprised to run out of rubber, 'cause two stacks lasted me so long that I just about forgot I ever needed to go tap trees.)
    Remember that diamond can show up at up to layer 15, and I remember reading once, somewhere, that it's most common at layer 10 (not sure where I read that, though, since it's not on the minecraftwiki). It's also more likely to appear near large lava flows, although I'm not sure if that holds true even above layer 15. Also, 10 diamonds may just be all that were generated in that chunk, as unlikely as it sounds.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    In other game-related news, Portal 2 Perpetual Testing initiative now allows creating and publishing co-op maps. To accompany that, those who already have Portal 2 were given a 75% off on Portal 2 coupon.
    Games become nicer everyday. And my time for playing them becomes smaller everyday as well. How convenient.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    Minecraft.

I'm underground, digging a spiral shaft downwards and suddenly

THUMP

I froze. The sound is loud, it must be somewhere near!

THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP
    THUMP

I'm frantically looking back and forth by now - is there a new mob or something?! I haven't played in VERSIONS!

THUMP
    THUMP

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

THUMP
    THUMP

...and suddenly it stopped. Esc, Save & Quit, now here I am.

Earlier, I had something similar, but instead of THUMPS, those were more like CLINKS, as if someone was digging on the other side of the wall. I started digging towards the sound, but it didn't seem to change our relative position.

This game is so vewy scawy ,_____,

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    Were the sounds the same as the ones this video's all about?
    Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    No. Mine sounded more like hitting rock, and they suddenly stopped without me moving.

Also, I wasn't deep enough yet to hit lava, I think.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    Blockland's latest update features new shading capabilities, including shadows cast by bricks. Although it made interiors and terrains no longer possible, the also new flatland map real-time configurations (such as moving the sun and changing the sky and ground textures) counter it. Give us a poke if any of you get to host.
    Edited 11 years ago
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    E_net4 said:
    Blockland's latest update features new shading capabilities, including shadows cast by bricks. Although it made interiors and terrains no longer possible, the also new flatland map real-time configurations (such as moving the sun and changing the sky and ground textures) counter it. Give us a poke if any of you get to host.
    I can run a server at pretty much any time. I've even checked, and my space station build still works in V21.
    #
    My little brother just got Half-Life 2. He can't stand the friendly antlions. Actually, he thinks most of the obstacles impeding his movement are horrible and shouldn't be there. He keeps cussing at I-don't-know-what.

In somewhat-related news, the GMod 13 beta is open to everyone now. It will officially replace Gmod 12 on September 24 if Garry's vacation to Egypt (!!!) doesn't get in the way.

Personally, I have an ass-load of mods installed, and I'm going to have a wonderful time updating or replacing them. Luckily, it looks like Spacebuild and Wiremod will be ready by the time I can play, so I'll just need to replace some one-off STools.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    My little brother just got Half-Life 2. He can't stand the friendly antlions. Actually, he thinks most of the obstacles impeding his movement are horrible and shouldn't be there. He keeps cussing at I-don't-know-what.
    Tell him about the bug bait. Yes, tell him to use it.
    #
    E_net4 said:
    Tell him about the bug bait. Yes, tell him to use it.
    Of course I told him to use the bugbait. He used it effectively, even, but then he got so tremendously angry at having his escape route from grenades blocked that he started shooting everything short of the friendly rebels. He didn't mind rebels blocking his way at all, although I think it's more because he really needs the medics.

The Source engine AI is actually really good, but you never see it because all the action happens in close quarters.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    Black Mesa is out! Their site is running a little slowly, though, as you might imagine.
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    I'll.. probably get it when it comes out on Steam? Yeah. Go laziness.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    Damn you, GOG! Why do you even send me these emails?
    #
    Wait, so if you already own some of the games, you get a percentage discount on the rest of the games? That's actually a pretty cool idea. If Steam did something like that, I could buy up the rest of the Valve games pretty cheap.

(Also, LOL @ Instant Kingdom being the first thing on the bookmark bar)
    #
    Grim Reaper 11 years ago
    Obsidian Entertainment are Kickstarting a game.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution, hardest difficulty, pacifist run.

I think this game has the perfect length. Why? By the time I was done, I felt the need to immediately start another run and plant a goddamn bullet in the head of every single motherfucker who opposes me.
    #
    Pete 11 years ago
    Narvius said:
    I just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution, hardest difficulty, pacifist run.

I think this game has the perfect length. Why? By the time I was done, I felt the need to immediately start another run and plant a goddamn bullet in the head of every single motherfucker who opposes me.

May I suggest the SMG? Properly upgraded it ruins the day of everything, and for the few things that are not part of everything theres the laser rifle.
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    I'm already pissing myself in excitement over Torchlight 2, so have the soundtrack.
    #
    Endymion 11 years ago
    Narvius said:
    I'm already pissing myself in excitement over Torchlight 2, so have the soundtrack.
    I'm also quite exited but sadly due to paying above the average in the new humble bundle I probably won't have enough money to buy it just yet.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    I already own Dustforce, SPAZ, and Torchlight, yet at the same time, I've bought every single Humble Bundle since the first one as a point of pride. Decisions, decisions.
    #
    Amarth 11 years ago
    I've somehow been able to let the past ones slide. I think it started with Humble Bundle V which was ridiculous value for money (Psychonauts/Bastion/Amnesia/S&S/SMB/Braid/Lone Survivor), except I already owned all but one of the games. That made me think. I managed to skip the latest Humble Bundles and Indie Royale's. Current Indie Royale was a close call (it has CUTE THINGS!) but I still didn't feel like wanting it all that bad.

Then again, FTL will probably keeps me busy for ages. So addicting in the one-more-turn way..
    #
    Narvius 11 years ago
    Torchlight 2 is wonderful. I just spent like six or seven hours playing it with a friend of mine (LAN. With an actual cable!), and it's just wonderful. Seriously. It lost all of Torchlight 1's clunkiness, and the comic look, while retained, also looks much cooler, somehow.

*fanboyism*
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    NERDGASM! Worms Revolution!
    #
    I can't access my Steam account because it's taking too long for the Steam Guard messages to get to my email inbox. So I sign up for a Steam Support account.

They sent me a welcome email.

*Headdesk*
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    At long last, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is for sale on Steam. Two greenlit games released, 29 to go!
    #
    I saw Twisted Dreams a few minutes ago. It actually looks like a pretty cool game.

In other news, GMod 13 just replaced 12. I used a lot of big addons in 12, and it looks like a majority of them aren't ready for the new GMod, from Wiremod having a licensing issue that prevents Workshop release (Nevermind losing the working build, or at least that's what it looks like), to a dozen unofficial releases of Spacebuild 2 (Not even 3) in the Workshop.

Hopefully, everything gets sorted out before I get a computer that can run the game. I can see why Workshop would be a better way to manage game content, but everything's still in chaos from my point of view.

Edit: I totally just figured out where Wiremod went. Spacebuild's still a mess, though, and I think I already know what's going to happen to Stargate.

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Pete 11 years ago
    Since now that I think about it hasnt been mentioned,

Dishonored.

Is good.

Is all.
    #
    E_net4 11 years ago
    TBH Spacebuild has always been a mess, unless you know exactly what each piece does. And after the dozens of addons related to Spacebuild are installed, you're still left with quite a heavy game, both in processing power and disk space.
    #
    Really? I've always liked Spacebuild. I never quite mastered flying contraptions, though, so I haven't been able to build a worthwhile spaceship yet. And now it looks like I'll have to wait for a new release to use it again.

Has anyone played around with engine-powered cars in GMod? (Like, actual physical engines with thrusters pushing a crankshaft prop.) I barely got a full-sized car to beat walking speed, and a tiny little go-kart to beat running speed. Every car I find on YouTube can climb straight up like it's nothing, and they're all designed differently, too.
    #
    NeoGangster 11 years ago
    did anyone play the new xcom? Because I did and got absorbed by it.
    I haven't played any xcom title before.

After I beat the game I decided to play the first xcom and wow I was so surprised.
    While the new one can be a little bitch at times(of course I played Ironman), the first one is the biggest jerk in this whole universe, even on beginner the game likes to punch me in the face on every occasion.
    It took me like 20 games to even get to a point where my squad can survive a mission, unless something very unexpected happens(i.e. a cyberdisc coming from nowhere and walking into the middle of my squad and then getting shot and exploding, killing the whole squad in the process).
    At this point a ufo decided to attack my base and somehow my guys managed to be scattered and surrounded at the start of the mission so that after 2 turns all armed guys and gals were dead and I was running around with unarmed guys trying to get to the bodies. Well you can guess how that worked out. I liked the idea of the ironman mode so I chose not to go back to an earlier savegame.
    So I set myself the goal to beat this game on the hardest difficulty while not going back to an older savegame at any given point. This might take some time...
    #
    I tried the first X-Com.

... Tried.

Haven't touched it since.
    #
    MageKing17 11 years ago
    I could never get into X-Com because I played UFO: Aftershock first, and Aftershock is massively more interesting than the original X-Com... and I can't bring myself to play later X-Com games without playing the first one.
    #
    Pete 11 years ago
    *I* could never get into UFO: Aftershock after playing UFO: Aftermath. The guns and armors and everything just looked so bulky and cartoony that I couldnt bear it. I felt like my guys were shooting at alies with nerf guns.

(also they went with the "we give up" ending but there was no biomass covering the planet what the hell)

...wait, does this mean I rejected a game for not having realistic graphics? Yeeg!
    #
    Forum » The new gaming thread
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: