Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Driftmoon subforum
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Driftmoon subforum

Anne 11 years ago
    Hi All Zebest!
    First, you can try asking from Captain Catdog. I don't remember for sure, and can't check right now, but I think he may give you some little hint about it.
    But if that doesn't help you enough, I'll tell you: Have you seen Captain Catdog's old campsite, just a little bit East of the entrance to the southern peninsula (that place where Steamie is docked)? You might wanna search through all the rocks close to that campfire extra carefully..

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    All Zebest 11 years ago
    Thank you very much Anne. I will try that!
    (...)
    I found it (him?) ! And I cleared the level. The game told me I have to wait for the level in the fortress. I hope it will be released soon. Great story so far!

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    All Zebest 11 years ago
    I am starting the translation again. Where are the dialogs situated?
    #
    Anne 11 years ago
    All Zebest said:
    I am starting the translation again. Where are the dialogs situated?

I'll start a new topic about translations, and reply there, as there's been many people who've inquired about them along the way. OK?
    #
    ChristophK 11 years ago
    Hi all!

I hope this is the right forum, at least I did not see anything more fitting.

embarrassingly, I am stuck in the monastery.

(maybe spoiler) I reunited the couple, found the alms, brought the deafshell. All that I can see is the moving puzzle (which does not move for me. All tried to move tiles to the empty spot failed. Nothing moves, really. I spent an hour trying to drag tiles around) and the organ that looks like you can play "something" to open "something" but I did not find a hint what to play

Any hints?

Also great game and great engine. I am looking forward more titles and mods. I really enjoyed it so far.

#
    Anne 11 years ago
    ChristophK said:
    Hi all!

I hope this is the right forum, at least I did not see anything more fitting.

embarrassingly, I am stuck in the monastery.

(maybe spoiler) I reunited the couple, found the alms, brought the deafshell. All that I can see is the moving puzzle (which does not move for me. All tried to move tiles to the empty spot failed. Nothing moves, really. I spent an hour trying to drag tiles around) and the organ that looks like you can play "something" to open "something" but I did not find a hint what to play

Any hints?

Also great game and great engine. I am looking forward more titles and mods. I really enjoyed it so far.

Thanks for the question, Christopher! We're glad to to try and help you, of course (and I think we usually succeed in it).

Sorry about you getting stuck like that. The dilemma you described actually sounds really strange, we'll start solving it right away! Could you by any chance send us a save game? I think that would help the most. Here are the instructions:
    The saved games are usually located under My documents/Driftmoon/Mainmod (you should see a list of save slots in there). The easiest way would probably be to zip the whole Mainmod folder and send it to us as an attachment to ville@instantkingdom.com.

But after that, here's how you can continue past that puzzle:
    Walk to the wall on the right of the puzzle. See the two torches on the wall? Now walk right through the wall in between the torches, and push the lever at the end of the secret room you just found. Works, huh?

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    And just to clarify, do I understand that you cannot drag the little tiles in the 4x4 puzzle? Can you drag anything at all in the game, for instance chairs?
    #
    ChristophK 11 years ago
    Thank you for your fast replies!

Yes I can and could move all moveable objects (there was a wardrobe in front of the puzzle area e.g.) in the game except this 4x4 puzzle. The mouse pointer changes into the "drag hand" but none of the 4 possible tiles around the empty one move a pixel.

Trying this zip savegame thingie.

Again, thank you.
    #
    Adam (guest) 11 years ago
    I seem to be having a problem.. I've made it into the fortress, but I can't find anything else to do..

I also found a path that you can walk up near Cormack, and it appears it wasn't meant to be travelled. I'm worried that I Screwed up my save game by walking up it and walking around because I can't find anything else to do.. I found the cube factory, the refrigerator, got the fishing pole, and blew up the big machine..

Help?
    #
    Anne 11 years ago
    Adam (guest) said:
    I seem to be having a problem.. I've made it into the fortress, but I can't find anything else to do..

I also found a path that you can walk up near Cormack, and it appears it wasn't meant to be travelled. I'm worried that I Screwed up my save game by walking up it and walking around because I can't find anything else to do.. I found the cube factory, the refrigerator, got the fishing pole, and blew up the big machine..

Help?

Hi Adam! I'll gladly try and help you!

First of all: You seem to have a slightly older version of the fortress, because you were still able to sneak past Cormack "into the emptiness" (you're right, you're not supposed to be able to do that). It won't update the levels that you've already opened in your save, but if you want, you can load from a save file where you haven't quite yet entered the fortress, then restart the game, update, and you'll have a newer version as you enter the fortress again. (But this is not compulsory at all!)
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler]Aha - the cube factory is the key I think! You probably just didn't notice that you can actually walk on the factory lines in the cube factory, and sneak to the other side! Try that first. If that doesn't do it, ask us again! (You can use the minimap to travel back to the entrance of the cube factory!)

If you remember to, please tell me if that solved the problem!

Edited 11 years ago
    #
    Adam (guest) 11 years ago
    Anne said:
    Adam (guest) said:

Help?

Hi Adam! I'll gladly try and help you!

First of all: You seem to have a slightly older version of the fortress, because you were still able to sneak past Cormack "into the emptiness" (you're right, you're not supposed to be able to do that). It won't update the levels that you've already opened in your save, but if you want, you can load from a save file where you haven't quite yet entered the fortress, then restart the game, update, and you'll have a newer version as you enter the fortress again. (But this is not compulsory at all!)
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler]Aha - the cube factory is the key I think! You probably just didn't notice, that you can actually walk on the factory lines in the cube factory, and sneak to the other side! Try that first. If that doesn't do it, ask us again! (You can use the minimap to travel back to the entrance of the cube factory!)

Duhh found the lines that I can go out of. I bought mine on GOG. I adore the game. Thanks!
    #
    veliki (guest) 11 years ago
    I got stuck on the ventilation gateway. I tried every weight available (small and middle size blocks, petrified people, candels) but I cannot get the proper weights. Any hints will be appreciated. How can I move the big blocks?
    #
    Holmes (guest) 11 years ago
    @veliki
    You can't move the big blocks, but you have to use the platforms' switches which move each "door" a bit so the existing blocks and petrified people are enough.

PS: I finished the game today on the second lowest difficulty level (I guess it means "normal"). I did all quests according to the world map in around 12h, so the "10-30h" on the homepage seems a stretch, but: Driftmoon is a very nice, funny, mostly comfortable and "relaxed" game! I liked the atmosphere, the writing and that you often could ask NPCs about recent events. I only feel a little that I got not a full impresion onf the hwole world of Driftmoon. Anyway, thumbs up.
    #
    ville 11 years ago
    Thanks Holmes! We're certainly hoping you get to see a bit more of Driftmoon in a sequel some day.
    Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Jacob (guest) 10 years ago
    Hi,
    I seem to be stuck in the monastery! Annie, the arrow seller, isn't at her stall, so I can't ask her about William. Any idea what I can do? Is this a bug? Do i need to restart completely?

#
    ville 10 years ago
    That does sound like a bug of some kind. There used to be a problem with her in a previous version, so check that you're running at least 1.010. If you'd like, I can also have a look at your saved game and see where she's gone to (my email is ville@monkkonen.net, and the saves are under My Documents/Driftmoon). But in the end it boils down to the fact that she shouldn't leave her stall until her quest is complete, so you will probably need to revert to a saved game where she still was there.
    #
    TheSlider 10 years ago
    Hi there !

Could it be possible for the mods description to use certains html tags (or at least some simple BB code) for text formatting ?

I'm thinking of bold, italics, underline, paragraph, lists, and, above all others, line breaks with either <br> or \n (and maybe links ?).

Thanks ! : )
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Certainly! In fact, I'm working on just such a system now, which will at least allow bold, italics and color tags. It'll take a good while before I can make it public, so don't hold your breath just yet.
    #
    Jacob (guest) 10 years ago
    Thanks Ville! I sent you an email.
    #
    ville 10 years ago
    Thanks for the save Jacob! Unfortunately it looks like she's vanished without a trace, so you'll probably need to restart your game (an entering area save would normally work, but it looks like yours has unfortunately been overwritten). Fortunately I believe the vanishing Annie is a problem we've fixed in a previous update, but one can never be too sure about these things of course - I'll be keeping an eye out for it occurring again.
    Edited 10 years ago
    #
    Maksym (guest) 10 years ago
    Um.. I got a question, where do you find the new master for Asabella because I've tried all the privies lands where you find her and the next two other lands after it. If you tell it will greatly be appropriated!
    #
    konfuscious (guest) 10 years ago
    Maksym,
    Go to the guy in the labyrinth at the NorthEast end of the zone she's in. He's the best candidate for master.
    #
    Maksym (guest) 10 years ago
    Ok I will try it thanks!!
    #
    fermar (guest) 10 years ago
    Hi! I'm stuck at the forge in the fortress. It needs a key for the control panel to change its master. However at this stage I don't have the key and I looked back in the dungeon if I had overlooked it. No luck. Where can I find the key?
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    HI Fermar!

If you haven't found the key already, I'll help you out! Use the magical bridge that's just appeared near the forge, to get to the "room" just Northwest of the forge. Look through all chests, and you'll find something useful (for example certain pantaloons and an instruction manual)!

Now go back to the forge, and see if you can get the hatch open. Then follow the instructions from the forge manual, to get the forge to follow your commands.

Got it?

Edited 10 years ago
    #
    fermar (guest) 10 years ago
    Thanks Anne, I had overlooked the bridge/room!
    #
    Anne 10 years ago
    fermar (guest) said:
    Thanks Anne, I had overlooked the bridge/room!

No problem. Glad to hear I was able to help you.
    #
    Maggie (guest) 8 years ago
    Hi all

I am enjoying the GOG-Version of the game very much, playing for 3 days in a row now.
    Some 30 minutes ago my Character got stuck , and i couldn't google anyone with a similar problem,
    so i found this forum...
    Right in front of the building where this whale company is housed (the one where i am supposed to go into the cellar),
    i looked away from the monitor for a few seconds, and as i looked on it again i saw to my horror that the char , who was standing right from the buildings entrance slided down towards the water.
    Now it is stuck there, its slippery as hell and i am not able to go up again, it's like an invisible fence,
    and i am always sliding down towards the water.
    Not possible to reach the "road" again.
    I've got an autosave from entering the harbour, but until this happened i got everything done, including
    sauna quest and the outer-space-crystal riddles,
    is there a way to get up to the road again, without having to do everything again?
    I tried a landmine to blow me up there again, but i can't get it to explode,
    same goes with the exploding barrels. They won't explode on me
    Maybe someone has got an idea, how to continue with the adventure without having to do everything again, took me about 1.5 hours to get there.

Kind regards, Maggie
    #
    ville 8 years ago
    Glad to hear you've liked the game Maggie! Sounds like a bug in the game physics, there's nothing to it but cheat-teleport out of there. SHIFT+F1 and then SHIFT+1. Don't worry, it won't affect your game otherwise, and the cheats will be deactivated once you restart the game.
    #
    Hi Ville,

wheeeew such a fast response and i had to pause for 8 hours because of playing 10 hours straight in a row oO
    THANK YOU SO MUCH Ville, i will immediately try if this works and report back to you in a few minutes

Kind regards, Maggie
    #
    Hi again, Ville,

IT WORKED !
    Before it looked like this:

And after your kind and friendly help it looks like this:

I am very happy
    Thank you so much for your great help !
    Now i can move on with my adventure again (wouldn't have been much fun doing the Area all again after playing 10 hours straight)

Kindest regards, Maggie
    #
    ville 8 years ago
    You're welcome! I'm glad to know where the buggy place is, thanks!
    #
    Vitri (guest) 8 years ago
    Hi, I'm vitri. Can u please help? I can't open secret passage in library. Please help me. Thank u so much.
    #
    ville 8 years ago
    First you need to drag the bookshelf in the North-West corner of the library to gain access to the room with the picture puzzle. The puzzle is all about dragging each piece to the correct place, but you can also find an invisible tunnel in the North-East wall of the puzzle, there's a lever there to skip the puzzle entirely.
    #
    Vitri (guest) 8 years ago
    Thank u ville. I already solved that puzzle by my self. But now I stuck in labirinth puzzle that has many switch. Can u help me? Thank u so much.
    #
    Forum » Driftmoon subforum
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: