Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

ville 19 years ago
    When making the particles for the planet radars, don't use the full size 256x256 graphic for the particle texture. The graphics engine actually draws it there, only small. So you need to make a small size graphic for the particle, something like 32x32 or 16x16.

By the way, if you need planet pictures, a good place to find them is the NASA archives. They usually allow use of their pictures, but remember to read their licence terms. I actually used a lot of graphics from there for Wazzal.

As for the ships, in my opinion the graphics for each race should at least look the same. I didn't originally like my UFO graphic all that much, so if you aren't desperate for continuity, you should ditch the transport graphic.

I'm sure you can balance the healing out somehow. Just make sure if you want the player to wait for his healing, you do it for a good reason. I always hated the way healing was done in the Jedi Knight games. First you needed to stand still waiting for you force to come up, then you needed to wait for the healing power to heal you. The opponents of course never were intelligent enough to exploit your wait time, and I could make coffee while waiting.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    You could use a 'Heal-O-Matic', an automatic healing machine that needs coins to operate
    #
    Covetski 19 years ago
    love the ideas, is there a chance to have planets "capurable" ie all planets have a flag visible on the starmap, you battle on the planets, and if you win, the planet changes its flag to your custom (if you're a "pirate") or your alliances flag [is that even being used yet, like the pitare&alliance this?], but ofcourse, some sort of population system would be needed... if it's too hard to do, forget it.

ps what language is being used for Notrium and Wazzal?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    By the way, if you need planet pictures, a good place to find them is the NASA archives. They usually allow use of their pictures, but remember to read their licence terms. I actually used a lot of graphics from there for Wazzal.
    Oh, great, I was wondering about were I'd get them. Thanks heaps Ville!!
    love the ideas, is there a chance to have planets "capurable" ie all planets have a flag visible on the starmap, you battle on the planets, and if you win, the planet changes its flag to your custom (if you're a "pirate") or your alliances flag [is that even being used yet, like the pitare&alliance this?], but ofcourse, some sort of population system would be needed... if it's too hard to do, forget it.

ps what language is being used for Notrium and Wazzal?
    It would be complicated, but worthwhile. i'll try to find a way of ding it, but no promises..
    Wazzal and Notrium are done in English, why?
    You could use a 'Heal-O-Matic', an automatic healing machine that needs coins to operate
    I like it!! It would be good to add some humor to the mod.
    #
    Amarth 19 years ago
    "Covetski" said:
    what language is being used for Notrium and Wazzal?

you mean, what language are 'notrium' and 'wazzal'? well, they're 'villish', ville just made up those words and checked google whether they existed already, using an extremely complex algorithm he would like to sell to you.

-Amarth
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    lol, the Top-Secret-Random-Word-Combobulator!
    #
    Gobbles 19 years ago
    BRAVO! As soon as i heard of this idea i was amazed!
    I actually think that Notrium 2 would actually serve as a better title, but Wazzal 2 sounds just as good.

One improvement from the original Wazzal should be better control over the ship. In wazzal 1, the thing that i hated so much was the deceleration. I'de also think it would be awesome to be able to explore the unknown galaxy as well instead of just the known solar system, so a warp engine on the ship would be appropriate.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Why don't you make it possible for player to choose if the ship decelerates automatically or not, like in Babylon 5 I've found her
    #
    Click 19 years ago
    I would like to be able to buy ships and each ship would have a perk that no other ships has. I hope there's gonna be a whole lotta humor. Wazzal had me laughing the whole time I was playing it...
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    when you say jump gates do you mean like b5 gates?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    B5 gates? What do you mean?
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    Babylon 5. I havn't played it either, or watched the show, so I have no idea what they are talking about either...
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Ah, of course, i should have looked at the other posts more carefully. I'll google for Babylon 5 right away and check it out.

EDIT: Is this what you meant?
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    yeah. you need to try the game. it's a freeware flight sim very fun ,but the hardest game I have ever played.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I'll download it. It looks good, and it'll probably give me a few ideas for the mod.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    you can get it here <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ifh.firstones.com/">http://ifh.firstones.com/</a><!-- m --> ,also you can find me on the fourum.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Actually, thats the very link I got it from. But let's get back on topic.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    ok.... ,but first do you like the game.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    OK guys, here's some new screenies:

Any comments would be appreciated.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    wow the ships look great.
    #
    Click 19 years ago
    Wow, wowie, wozap, wokawoka, shiver me timbers, those are amazing! When do you expect to be done with the game Zex?

BTW, the asteroids (my spellin sucks), don't really look like asteroids, it should be a deeper dark tan sorta color...And I'd like a screenie of buying stuff at a planet (if that is still present in the game).
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Thanks Click!

Now, I've been working on the mod for quite a while, and I've made several major breakthoughs since the screenshots that make them look completely obselete.
    There's now an asteroid belt circleing the system, filled with hundreds of asteroids. The asteroids explode in a shower of rock whenyou hit them, giving a very Wazzal-like feel to the game.
    Missiles and ECM systems are now completed
    Added a Thruster Engine that allows you to travel at high speed
    Shield Generator added: Now your ships shields (the human equivelent of a 'life' bar) automatically top up using energy from your power cells.
    The Shield generator can be turned off by a flick of a switch if you want to conserve energy
    Missiles navigtion systems now get confused in the asteroid belt
    And expect the first alpha within a few days (hopefully) or if not, in a weeks time!!
    #
    Doogsy 19 years ago
    Asteroid belts are cool. And nice work on the low sensor efficiency in the asteroid belts. ECM's will be really cool too. It's now running through my mind how you mamnaged to mod this and I think I can generally figure most of it (only after you mentioned what you are doing) I think its good modding experience just to visualize how you would go about modding a certain situation. Anyway, I'm crapping on now cause I have been drinking quite a bit and just got home from my School formal and the pub...
    Congrats on what you have acheived. I will probably not play the alpha (or beta etc) due to the fact I want the whole mod to be a surprise (like all mods) but I am looking forward to the final product.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Does anyone know how I would go about making the asteroids 'nuetral', meaning that both the alien ships and the player's ships can do damgae to them, but without the AI controlled alien ships dleiberatly chasing after them and trying to kill them?
    #
    slinking_ferret 19 years ago
    i dont but ville or max from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flecko.net">http://www.flecko.net</a><!-- w --> with but if you go to flecko the DO use bad words all of them just so you know the reasn i said max was beacause hes made a lot of games but they were flash based i dont know what notrium or wazzal is based on though but i thenk max might know or 1 of the othe 10k users there they know a lot there

and do you think yo could send me a beta version (hint hint) ive allways wanted to be involved in somthing
    #
    slyvena 19 years ago
    Out of all of this i can make only one dedution, WAZZEL TWO NOTRIUM MOD IS GOING TO ROCK big time.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    yes wazzal was the second best game ville has on this site (the first is notrium).
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Well, what could be better? His top two games rolled into one!!
    #
    Crazy 19 years ago
    well, the screenshots don't look bad, but i don't like the ships at all, they arent supposed to be that big.

also, you could keep the wasd movment keys and make a turret weapon part, this would also allow more animation and less rigidness.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I know; the ships are only there for experimental purposes only; the big ships shoot missiles and I've noly made them big until I put in the real alien graphics. Anyway, that class of ships will be friendly to the player eventually.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Just make them their own side and don't put it in any of the enemy sides -thingies.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Does anyone know how I would go about making the asteroids 'nuetral', meaning that both the alien ships and the player's ships can do damgae to them, but without the AI controlled alien ships dleiberatly chasing after them and trying to kill them?

Don't the weapons damage them even if they're neutral? You just need to set their side just as everything else that is neutral in the game. Like the crates of ammo in the VC area, the marines can damage them, but they're not attacking them.
    #
    Eternal 19 years ago
    Very nice Zex, I was wondering what you were doing with your time. And personally I think the asteriods look fine.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Thaks Eternal! And thanks Ville; it works now.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    will there be a beta soon? when do you think you will reach 1.0 (the first non beta)?
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: