Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

MageKing17 15 years ago
    I think a good question is: "Is it possible to destroy the motherships in Kravaak?" To which the answer is almost certainly "not unless you cheat", making your question basically moot.
    #
    anruca 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    I think a good question is: "Is it possible to destroy the motherships in Kravaak?" To which the answer is almost certainly "not unless you cheat", making your question basically moot.
    Given some time i might. Havent faced such a challenge in a while so ill try!
    If there is/going to be a poll i will vote !10! its really goodly made fun to play too.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    Exactly right. You can try to defeat the Kravaak battleships, but good luck to you, I certainly haven't been able to. It won't mess up the storyline, and you can earn about 25 PP from destroying a battleship, so go for it!

On that issue: a similar thing, when I flesh the storyline out further it'll become more apparent, but you actually aren't supposed to be able to defeat the Aliens on Kravaak Base A either. There's just too many of them. You can try to survive but for every one you kill another will appear, as the system is doomed from the beginning. If you want a system that you can win back, try Amozius in the Amozia sector.

And what do you guys think about the ocean planet, the lava planet and the mines? I haven't heard any talk about them yet. I'm quite proud of how the water looks in the mod; it's taken me about 4 years but I've finally sorted out something that looks moderately realistic.
    #
    Daz_T 15 years ago
    the ocean planet was pretty cool, but i realised that fires can be lit on the water. it's pretty bare with the aliens, i wanted a more exciting hunting trip .
    The lava planet was pretty good, but could you fix it so that flying the jetpack over lava wont damage you? (like the hoverbike in werivar)
    The mines, SCARY!!!! all the creepy noises and uber big rock monsters!! go with the infrared goggles so you don't attract attention. Whats even more scary was the fact that they don't turn the sniper laser green! i checked all around before i began mining this rock, next thing i get smacked by a big rock hammer!
    #
    themados 15 years ago
    The problem i have with this is i cant find the guy I'm meant to meat up without dying other this is great except that you can do the classic escape pod trick keep going back and forth over the top/bottom border line.
    #
    Dorten 15 years ago
    I have all sorts of bugs with it: after shopping inventory does not return to MY inventory. It shows empty (I can, however, select weapons with mousewheel). If I right click a tank, while riding it, it starts to function by itself, and I cannot get out. and all that sort of bugs.

Is it just me?
    #
    anruca 15 years ago
    "Dorten" said:
    I have all sorts of bugs with it: after shopping inventory does not return to MY inventory. It shows empty (I can, however, select weapons with mousewheel). If I right click a tank, while riding it, it starts to function by itself, and I cannot get out. and all that sort of bugs.

Is it just me?

I have the same problem with the inventory, after a while the stuff returns.
    When you start the tank with right mouse button then you press t, press t again when your not near your ship and the marines take control over it until its destroyed.
    Hope that helps.

PS:The lava planet is good you get minerals and a good challenge from the aliens.
    The water planet is good,cool armor too,are the aliens there native or they wiped the whole place?
    Reached 1000 PP is that the limit to the PP? Beat the heck out of those Battlecrusers/Motherships they were pretty easy to take down. Is the ifra-red vision not supposed to be turned off?
    In a Future build will there be new weapons for the ship? or for the captain?
    #
    Moon832 15 years ago
    Wow! I just played up until I got to the Commander rank, then I stopped. The gameplay is so great!I love the holodeck area, but when I go into space and shoot the neutral ships, they beat me so bad! Anyways, I am really impressed with the game so far. I wish that someone could sticky this game..... *hint hint*
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "Daz_T" said:
    the ocean planet was pretty cool, but i realised that fires can be lit on the water. it's pretty bare with the aliens, i wanted a more exciting hunting trip .
    The lava planet was pretty good, but could you fix it so that flying the jetpack over lava wont damage you? (like the hoverbike in werivar)
    The mines, SCARY!!!! all the creepy noises and uber big rock monsters!! go with the infrared goggles so you don't attract attention. Whats even more scary was the fact that they don't turn the sniper laser green! i checked all around before i began mining this rock, next thing i get smacked by a big rock hammer!

I'm glad you like it! The ocean planet and the mines are favorites of mine; have you tried using the dynamite to blow up the ore? It's a lot quicker than the pickaxe, however it does attract a lot of attention from the rock monsters.

The fires on the water is something I'll try to have a look at. It should be possible to fix using the "destroy plot object" function. The lava hurting you while in the jetpack mode is more complex, I'll have a look at the hoverbike in werivar and see how UberWaffe did it. Do you mean that the hoverbike in werivar doesn't get affected by terrains?

"themados" said:
    The problem i have with this is i cant find the guy I'm meant to meat up without dying other this is great except that you can do the classic escape pod trick keep going back and forth over the top/bottom border line.

Themados, are you using Build 4 patched to 4.02? In the patch, there's an opening screen that explains that you have to get to Kravaak A and reach the Confederate base to the North of the planet. Give that a go!

Good point about the escape pod trick. Easily fixed.

"Dorten" said:

The tank is incredibly buggy, I'm well aware. You don't know how much time I've spent trying to get it to work right. I don't have too much time spare this week, but if there's any modders here who've successfully worked out a system where you can use a hotkey to control more than one creature (for me, both the tank and the machine gun turrents), I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't for the life of me get it working smoothly. It's high on my list of things to be fixed.

The shopping inventory I think is more of a bug with the Notrium engine I think, but I may be wrong. In testing, I've found from time to time the inventories either go blank or several items disappear from them, but I don't know why. If anyone could give me more information about exactly when this happens, it'd be great, but luckily I've found that it seems to be only a temporary problem, and the items soon return.

"anruca" said:
    The lava planet is good you get minerals and a good challenge from the aliens.
    The water planet is good,cool armor too,are the aliens there native or they wiped the whole place?
    Reached 1000 PP is that the limit to the PP? Beat the heck out of those Battlecrusers/Motherships they were pretty easy to take down. Is the ifra-red vision not supposed to be turned off?
    In a Future build will there be new weapons for the ship? or for the captain?

The aliens have taken over that system with very little resistance from the native hut-dwelling population. I'll add more detail in future builds. And no, I think the PP should be infinite, but perhaps it's limited at 1000, I'll check. Either way, there's no rewards past the 1000 PP point yet, so it shouldn't greatly matter. Congratulations on reaching that by the way! I'm happy it entertained over such a sustained length of time! The goggles don't turn off? I'll give it a look.

"Moon832" said:
    Wow! I just played up until I got to the Commander rank, then I stopped. The gameplay is so great!I love the holodeck area, but when I go into space and shoot the neutral ships, they beat me so bad! Anyways, I am really impressed with the game so far. I wish that someone could sticky this game..... *hint hint*

And thanks! I'm glad the neutral ships were a challenge, they're supposed to be a lot harder than the alien fighters. Be warned, attacking them will lose you some PP points, however you can pick up loot from the wrecks.

Thanks for all the fantastic feedback everyone!
    #
    Dorten 15 years ago
    Inventory has returned to normal.
    Great mod btw...

Another thing: are you supposed to be able to turn ships radar ON via hotkey when you are on planet? it shows aliens then

Another thing: in werivar, in all terrain effects have checks 'if creature is not hoverbike' and 'if creature is not hoverbike mark 2'
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "Dorten" said:
    are you supposed to be able to turn ships radar ON via hotkey when you are on planet? it shows aliens then
    The captain has his own radar.
    #
    Daz_T 15 years ago
    "Dorten" said:

Another thing: in werivar, in all terrain effects have checks 'if creature is not hoverbike' and 'if creature is not hoverbike mark 2'

Thanks dude!! just apply that to jetpack zex
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "Daz_T" said:
    "Dorten" said:

Thanks dude!! just apply that to jetpack zex

I just did; works perfectly. Thanks Dorten!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    Added new items:

[list]
    [*]Laser rifle - high rate of fire long range version of the laser pistol.
    [/*:m]
    [*]Poisonous darts - short range projectile weapon produced by combining Poisonous Fruit found on certain trees with Wood; slowly drains a creatures health until they die, also makes creature lose all control of its movements.
    [*]Call in Airstrike - calls in a devastating Confederate missile airstrike to the region on which your mouse cursor is positioned when you press X.
    [*]Painkillers - makes you impervious to any damage for a 20 second period.
    [*]Flamethrower - fires a burning cloud of fuel over an enemy, burning them to death in seconds.[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    anruca 15 years ago
    Nice updates! They are going to be in the other build right?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "anruca" said:
    Nice updates! They are going to be in the other build right?

Probably a Build 4.1, as I'm no sure it's going to be worthy of a whole new build. As yet, I haven't added any new areas or creatures, simply a lot more items and a lot of gameplay tweaks/balancing out things that didn't work as intended in Build 4. Whatever it ends up like, it should be a lot more enjoyable.

Updates:

[list][*] Added Cloaking Device; works similarly to the Stealth Shield, however for ships[/*:m]
    [*] Cloaking Device and Stealth Shield now use less energy, however are deactivated once the player fires a weapon[/*:m]
    [*] Added new ship weapons/upgrades: Twin Laser Cannon (more powerful version of the Small Laser Cannon) and Particle Cannon (an extremely high rate of fire projectile weapon that uses ammunition instead of energy; Wazzal fans will remember it)[/*:m]
    [*] There are now three Alien Motherships patrolling the Amoza System; allows for re-spawning of Alien Fighters[/*:m]
    [*] Added new item: Batteries. Available from store, and can be used like health packs to recharge batteries[/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    [list][*] Added new item: Batteries. Available from store, and can be used like health packs to recharge batteries[/*:m][/list:u]
    Sweet. Combined with the energy regeneration, energy weapons should now be real contenders.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    Ok, here's a brief summary of what's coming in Build 5, or the Demo Version of Wazzal II: The Final Dawn:

[list] [*] Trainable Wa-wolf; a loyal pet that can be trained from a captured baby Wa-wolf
    [/*:m][*] Plexi-steel cages that can be set up to capture Wa-wolfs on Kinmegag 71
    [/*:m][*] Laser rifle - high rate of fire long range version of the laser pistol
    [/*:m][*] Poisonous darts - short range projectile weapon produced by combining Poisonous Fruit found on certain trees with Wood; slowly drains a creatures health until they die, also makes creature lose all control of its movements.
    [/*:m][*] Call in Airstrike - calls in a devastating Confederate missile airstrike to the region on which your mouse cursor is positioned when you press X
    [/*:m][*] Painkillers - makes you impervious to any damage for a 20 second period
    [/*:m][*] Flamethrower - fires a burning cloud of fuel over an enemy, burning them to death in seconds
    [/*:m][*] Cloaking Device; works similarly to the Stealth Shield, however for ships
    [/*:m][*] Batteries. Available from store, and can be used like health packs to recharge batteries
    [/*:m][*] Bear/wolf meat that can be cooked
    [/*:m][*] Bear/wolf skins that can be sold at a shop

[/*:m][*] New ship weapons/upgrades: Twin Laser Cannon (more powerful version of the Small Laser Cannon) and Particle Cannon (an extremely high rate of fire projectile weapon that uses ammunition instead of energy; Wazzal fans will remember it)
    [/*:m][*] Confederacy Battleships can now be taken fully under your control. They also now have a fearsome secondary weapon, accessed by right clicking
    [/*:m][*] Confederacy Transports now periodically drop supplies to aid you in battle

[/*:m][*] New areas: Kinmegag 71, ice planet
    [/*:m][*] New mission: Send out emergency warning to the Confederacy from the Interplanetary Signal Array on Kinmegag 71
    [/*:m][*] New creatures: Adult and baby Wa-wolfs, Ka-bears. Both can be killed and skinned using a combat knife
    [/*:m][*] Added new defenses: flame thrower armed pillbox

[/*:m][*] Tanks now have a secondary Machine Gun weapon, accessed by right-clicking
    [/*:m][*] There are now three Alien Motherships patrolling the Amoza System; allows for re-spawning of Alien Fighters
    [/*:m][*] The classic spacepod trick of going up and down between the wrapped borders of Kravaak System to avoid the aliens no longer works
    [/*:m][*] Cloaking Device and Stealth Shield now use less energy, however are deactivated once the player fires a weapon
    [/*:m][*] Terrain effects no longer affect you when wearing the jetpack
    [/*:m][*] Googles no longer disappear from inventory after use, and can be deactivated
    [/*:m][*] Reworked tank, pillbox and turret control systems. Now tanks can be used by pressing T, and turrents and pillboxes both by pressing C. A lot harder than it sounds; hopefully it's a lot less buggy now.
    [/*:m][*] Weapons/items that require a certain rank to purchase now do not appear in store until you reach that rank
    [/*:m][*] Shooting down an alien fighter on a planet now gives you PP[/*:m][/list:u]

There's a huge amount of gameplay fixes in there too, but I won't list all of them. The whole game's looking a lot more streamlined and professional now than before, I think you'll enjoy it.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    Can't wait. I also notice you haven't updated your signature to say "Build 5" yet.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Can't wait. I also notice you haven't updated your signature to say "Build 5" yet.
    Haha, thanks for that, fixed.

A few more tonight:

[list][*] Added new Fuel bar for Flame Throwers and Jetpacks[/*:m]
    [*] Added Fuel Pumps; work similarly to Health and Energy Pools[/*:m]
    [*] New large crystal formations in the mines[/*:m]
    [*] Completely reworked all Weapons Classes so that different species now have immunity/resistance/susceptibility to different weapon types (laser/projectile/flame etc) [/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    [list][*] Completely reworked all Weapons Classes so that different species now have immunity/resistance/susceptibility to different weapon types (laser/projectile/flame etc) [/*:m][/list:u]
    Sweet. Er, I don't suppose you could be so kind as to say what aliens are most susceptible to, could you?

All these additions make Build 5 sound positively awesome. I can't wait!

Are you going to add rank rewards up to Fleet Admiral?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Sweet. Er, I don't suppose you could be so kind as to say what aliens are most susceptible to, could you?
    Haha, I'm surprised that you even tried asking that question. About the ranks, I'm really not sure. I've now filled them out to the Commander (400PP) rank. I'm not sure if I should go further, as I don't have to much free time and I don't want to really spend time I could be using to design new areas on things that only one or two very committed users will ever get to see. That said, there's probably enough gameplay in this build to easily reach over the 400PP mark, so it might well be worth it. I'll see as we get closer to the release date.

Breakthrough: Just a report for the benefit of those on these forums who are still interested in modding, it won't mean a lot to most of the people here because I think Mageking was the only one to even notice it, but since I've been working on this project again, I've been plagued by an incredibly annoying bug: when in the Wolf IV mode, if you choose to lower your shields to conserve energy, sometimes for almost no apparent reason whatsoever, you will rapidly lose health and die almost instantly, even when there are no aliens nearby. I've tried everything to find out what was causing this, and today, I finally got 'im:

Enemy Attack Script (hurt player when shields down);//name-----------------------------------------------------------------
    7;//identifier
    0;//run without calling (set to 0 if you use the script for example as a wield script)
    0;//call position, 0=player location, 1=mouse location
    0;//calling creature 0=player, 1=creature nearest to the mouse, 2=player controlled creature
    0;//run every n milliseconds
    none;//message
    0;//message type, 0=quick message, 1=journal
    none;//sound, none for nothing
    0;//delay script for n seconds after conditions met
    0;//disabled after first use, 0=no, 1=yes
    begin_conditions;
    5;//condition shield bar is 0
    8.000000;//condition parameter0
    1.000000;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//effect number take 2.5 from health
    -2.5000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;

That script is what damages you when an alien shoots you if your shields are down. It simply checks if the shield bar is less than 1, and if so, takes -2.5 from your health bar. The problem is though that this script was called by the "hit" effect in all alien spacecraft weapons. Since the bullets can't distinguish between the player or another Confederate ship, every time they hit a Confed fighter/destroyer, that script would be called and damage done to the player. By simply using Condition 23 (23=creature (parameter0: 0=is, 1=is not) player) it now works perfectly. You can't imagine how good that feels.
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    Breakthrough: Just a report for the benefit of those on these forums who are still interested in modding, it won't mean a lot to most of the people here because I think Mageking was the only one to even notice it, but since I've been working on this project again, I've been plagued by an incredibly annoying bug: when in the Wolf IV mode, if you choose to lower your shields to conserve energy, sometimes for almost no apparent reason whatsoever, you will rapidly lose health and die almost instantly, even when there are no aliens nearby. I've tried everything to find out what was causing this, and today, I finally got 'im:

*snip*

That script is what damages you when an alien shoots you if your shields are down. It simply checks if the shield bar is less than 1, and if so, takes -2.5 from your health bar. The problem is though that this script was called by the "hit" effect in all alien spacecraft weapons. Since the bullets can't distinguish between the player or another Confederate ship, every time they hit a Confed fighter/destroyer, that script would be called and damage done to the player. By simply using Condition 23 (23=creature (parameter0: 0=is, 1=is not) player) it now works perfectly. You can't imagine how good that feels.
    That was a pain in the ass. I am extremely glad you fixed it... nothing was wackier than me spontaneously dying while trying to conserve energy. I knew it was a bug!
    #
    Aegis 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:

You could have also made a "damage due to player" bar. And scripts which drains health or shields depending on whether you have enough shield energy or not. This way, you'll save tonnes of space in the scripts file (you'll only need like 2 scripts); you'll be able to deal the damage through effect number 4, instead of one of many scripts; and you'd be able to give other creatures shield bars as well. Of course, it really depends on if you think these features are worth the effort of implementing them. Here are the scripts:
    Lose amount from shield (accurate);//name
    30;//identifier
    1;//run without calling (set to 0 if you use the script for example as a wield script)
    0;//calling creature 0=player, 1=creature nearest to the mouse, 2=player controlled creature
    none;//message
    begin_conditions;
    3;//condition (damage due)
    3.000000;//condition parameter0
    5;//condition (time for accuracy?)
    10.000000;//condition parameter1
    38;//condition (shields on or off)
    31.000000;//condition parameter0
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//effect number (shield)
    -1.00000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    29.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    4;//effect number (damage due)
    -1.00000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    3.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    Get hurt if hit without shield (accurate);//name
    31;//identifier
    1;//run without calling (set to 0 if you use the script for example as a wield script)
    none;//message
    begin_conditions;
    3;//condition (Is there any damage due?)
    5;//condition (Is it time to drain accurately, or quickly?)
    10.000000;//condition parameter1
    38;//condition (Does the player have shields active, good for turning on and off shields)
    31.000000;//condition parameter0
    0.000000;//condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    4;//effect number (health)
    -0.50000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    4;//effect number (damage due)
    -1.00000;//parameter1
    1.000000;//parameter2
    3.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;

Unfortunately, the health doesn't empty instantly. That's why I have made extra scripts which drain the health/shields really fast when the damage due is over 10.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "Aegis" said:
    You could have also made a "damage due to player" bar. And scripts which drains health or shields depending on whether you have enough shield energy or not. This way, you'll save tonnes of space in the scripts file (you'll only need like 2 scripts); you'll be able to deal the damage through effect number 4, instead of one of many scripts; and you'd be able to give other creatures shield bars as well. Of course, it really depends on if you think these features are worth the effort of implementing them. Here are the scripts:

CODE

Unfortunately, the health doesn't empty instantly. That's why I have made extra scripts which drain the health/shields really fast when the damage due is over 10.

Thanks heaps for that Aegis. As soon as I can I'll try out your code and see if I can get it working as you intend. The one thing is that I'd love to have shield bars for other creatures, however the only thing that's holding me back is the way they look in Notrium: they simply take the form of another green/red health creature bar on top of the main health bar that normally shows up when you hover the mouse over a creature. There's no way to tell them apart, and it looks really, really bad. I can't really think of a work-around for this at all, and it's a real shame to be blocked by such a simple issue.

In other news, anyone up for Build 5 today?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - Build 5 released!

A major new build of Wazzal II has been released! Download it from the link below!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/kjc8y8
    (does not require Build 4; just do a fresh install with this file)
    OR
    http://www.box.net/public/uqmfikmoe6

THEN download the "Wazzal II The Final Dawn - 5.03 patch.zip" from the attachment below, and extract over the Notrium folder! (for details on what this patch fixes, see below.)

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Wazzal II The Final Dawn - 5.03 patch.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Build 5 is another major, major release. Some of the major features/changes between this and Build 4:

[list] [*] Trainable Wa-wolf; a loyal pet that can be trained from a captured baby Wa-wolf
    [/*:m][*] Plexi-steel cages that can be set up to capture Wa-wolfs on Kinmegag 71
    [/*:m][*] Laser rifle - high rate of fire long range version of the laser pistol
    [/*:m][*] Poisonous darts - short range projectile weapon produced by combining Poisonous Fruit found on certain trees with Wood; slowly drains a creatures health until they die, also makes creature lose all control of its movements.
    [/*:m][*] Call in Airstrike - calls in a devastating Confederate missile airstrike to the region on which your mouse cursor is positioned when you fire
    [/*:m][*] Painkillers - makes you impervious to any damage for a 20 second period
    [/*:m][*] Flamethrower - fires a burning cloud of fuel over an enemy, burning them to death in seconds
    [/*:m][*] Cloaking Device; works similarly to the Stealth Shield, however for ships
    [/*:m][*] Batteries. Available from store, and can be used like health packs to recharge batteries
    [/*:m][*] Slime: can be harvested from Glouibi slugs from the moon of Naquarin
    [/*:m][*] Three top secret and immensely powerful Alien items/weapons
    [/*:m][*] Bear/wolf meat that can be cooked
    [/*:m][*] Bear/wolf skins that can be sold at a shop

[/*:m][*] New ship weapons/upgrades: Twin Laser Cannon (more powerful version of the Small Laser Cannon) and Particle Cannon (an extremely high rate of fire projectile weapon that uses ammunition instead of energy; Wazzal fans will remember it)
    [/*:m][*] Confederacy Battleships can now be taken fully under your control. The also now have a fearsome secondary weapon, accessed by right clicking
    [/*:m][*] Confederacy Transports now periodically drop supplies to aid you in battle

[/*:m][*] New areas: Kinmegag 71, ice planet. Moon of Kinmegag. Moon of Naquarin. The Planet formally known as Errxelz (major area; hidden)
    [/*:m][*] New missions: Major mission: launch a suprise raid and destroy all enemy landed fighters on runways in the former Errxelz system. Send out emergency warning to the Confederacy from the Interplanetary Signal Array on Kinmegag 71
    [/*:m][*] New creatures: Adult and baby Wa-wolfs, Ka-bears. Both can be killed and skinned using a combat knife. Glouibi slugs
    [/*:m][*] Added new defenses: flame thrower armed pillbox

[/*:m][*] Five 'brand-new' music tracks! Especially made by Ville!
    [/*:m][*] Low gravity areas!
    [/*:m][*] Several standard items are now distributed at random across the surface of planets (health packs, batteries etc)
    [/*:m][*] Alien fighters that fly over terrestrial systems now fire from the air unless you take cover
    [/*:m][*] Tanks now have a secondary Machine Gun weapon, accessed by right-clicking
    [/*:m][*] There are now three Alien Motherships patrolling the Amoza System; allows for re-spawning of Alien Fighters
    [/*:m][*] The classic spacepod trick of going up and down between the wrapped borders of Kravaak System to avoid the aliens no longer works
    [/*:m][*] Cloaking Device and Stealth Shield now use less energy, however are deactivated once the player fires a weapon
    [/*:m][*] Terrain effects no longer affect you when wearing the jetpack
    [/*:m][*] Googles no longer disappear from inventory after use, and can be deactivated
    [/*:m][*] Reworked tank, pillbox and turret control systems. Now tanks can be used by pressing T, and turrents and pillboxes both by pressing C. A lot harder than it sounds; hopefully it's a lot less buggy now.
    [/*:m][*] Weapons/items that require a certain rank to purchase now do not appear in store until you reach that rank
    [/*:m][*] Shooting down an alien fighter on a planet now gives you PP
    [/*:m][*] Added new Fuel bar for Flame Throwers and Jetpacks
    [/*:m][*] Added Fuel Pumps; work similarly to Health and Energy Pools
    [/*:m][*] New large crystal formations in the mines
    [/*:m][*] Completely reworked all Weapons Classes so that different species now have immunity/resistance/susceptibility to different weapon types (laser/projectile/flame etc)
    [/*:m][*] All planet, system and Confederate officer's names have been changed to have special significance. Think Var Equinallin...
    [/*:m][*] And how could I forget? Yar can be a dirty Pirate, me hearties! Arrr!

Fixed in Patch 5.03 of Wazzal II: The Final Dawn - Build 5:[/*:m]
    [*] Fixed the long lag encountered when entering the Errxelz (former) system.[/*:m]
    [*] Trialling another method to solve the unsolvable bug: preventing enemy battleships from spawning new Alien fighters when you are out of their specific area, which caused you to be defeated instantly when you returned.[/*:m]
    [*] Alien egg-layers on the Errxelz (former) system now properly drop three different Alien weapons/items when killed.[/*:m]
    [*] Right-clicking on the Captain's chair on the bridge of the Wolf IV no longer teleports you to the Moon of Naquarin. [/*:m]
    [*] Wa-wolves should now behave a little less like they have epilepsy.[/*:m]
    [*] Added new Confederacy Repair Docks.[/*:m][/list:u]

Before you play, several pointers/directions:

[list][*] Save regularly. This build is as bug-free as I can make it, but because I am stretching the Notrium engine just about as far as it can go with a lot of what I'm doing, it pays to back up.[/*:m]
    [*] If you drop or use items to reduce weight when overburdened but your move speed is still reduced, simply save the game and reload it, and it should work perfectly again. [/*:m]
    [*] Make sure you play the mod for at least 1/2 an hour! At the 30 minute mark, big things will start to happen...[/*:m][/list:u]

Graphics/sounds:
    ForceUser, Ville Monkkonen, Quanrian, Uberwaffe, Casanova, Armarth, MageKing17, Industriebrot

Ideas:
    ForceUser, MageKing17, Quanrian, Idiota, Erendor, Slyvena, Uberwaffe, Peter, Moon832, Daz_T

I hope everyone enjoys this. Once again, please give me a summary in this thread of what you like about the mod, what you don't like, what you think should be changed, any ideas for new features, and most importantly, any errors or bugs you find!

Tell me what you think, guys!
    #
    Dorten 15 years ago
    I think... We need a link... can't wait
    #
    MageKing17 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/kjc8y8
    (does not require Build 4; just do a fresh install with this file)
    Try this one.

Also...
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    Kinmegag 71 ... Naquarin ... Errxelz

[list][*] All planet, system and Confederate officer's names have been changed to have special significance. Think Var Equinallin...[/*:m][/list:u]
    Yeah, I was thinking "Var' Equinallin" all right. I was thinking it as soon as I saw Kinmegag 71.

Lemme guess... if Errxelz is the name of the system, then the planet of importance is Errxelz 8, right?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    Lemme guess... if Errxelz is the name of the system, then the planet of importance is Errxelz 8, right?

Haha, no, of course not! What makes you think that?

So guys, any feedback yet?
    #
    Dorten 15 years ago
    Good things: its cool, awesome and awesome and cool!
    Bad things:
    [list]
    [*]Dialogs. It's hard to read the dialog if there are basillion of aliens shooting at you. Or if the big ship, who plays the dialog wanders away so you cannot follow it without being shot by the basillion of little alien fighters trying to intercept you[/*:m]
    [*]Ka-wolves move a bit strange, as if they have epilepsy[/*:m]
    [*]100 weight limit is too rough imo... I vote for 120-130[/*:m]
    [*]it's too hard to get to Ensign, need some balancing[/*:m]
    [*]Over the time small enemy fighters pile up in crasy amounts - you travel to system, get shot once by each of them, die... even thrusters cant help...[/*:m]
    [*]It's too awesome![/*:m][/list:u]
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "Dorten" said:
    [*]Over the time small enemy fighters pile up in crasy amounts - you travel to system, get shot once by each of them, die... even thrusters cant help...
    [/list]

Argh, I know, I know. I don't know what's causing it, and I can't do anything about it. I've set all the spawning limits for the Alien battleships to stop spawning if there are ever more than I think 30 Small or Large fighters in the entire area, and it still happens. To try and further prevent it, I've added a timed event for every Alien fighter to kill the creature if there are more that I think 40 Small or Large fighters. It still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with Notrium itself; as far as I can tell, the spawning works perfectly if you're in the area, but as soon as you leave, either to a planet or a different space system, when you re-enter after a certain period there are suddenly dozens and dozens of new Alien fighters that all attack you at once. The same happens with the neutral ships when you enter Tiodia for the first time in a while as pirate; there are suddenly a huge amount of ships that all attack you instantly, even though neutral ships are coded to only use a attacking AI if fired on. If it wasn't for that, I would guess that maybe creature timed blocks work even when the player is out of the area and that's what's causing the problem, but I really don't know. If anyone has any idea on what the problem is, I'd love to hear it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the mod though! Thanks for the great feedback!
    #
    harwe 15 years ago
    Whoa, awsome stuff. Uploaded to my sig.
    #
    Redemption 15 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er" said:
    Argh, I know, I know. I don't know what's causing it, and I can't do anything about it. I've set all the spawning limits for the Alien battleships to stop spawning if there are ever more than I think 30 Small or Large fighters in the entire area, and it still happens. To try and further prevent it, I've added a timed event for every Alien fighter to kill the creature if there are more that I think 40 Small or Large fighters. It still happens. I'm beginning to think it's a problem with Notrium itself; as far as I can tell, the spawning works perfectly if you're in the area, but as soon as you leave, either to a planet or a different space system, when you re-enter after a certain period there are suddenly dozens and dozens of new Alien fighters that all attack you at once. The same happens with the neutral ships when you enter Tiodia for the first time in a while as pirate; there are suddenly a huge amount of ships that all attack you instantly, even though neutral ships are coded to only use a attacking AI if fired on. If it wasn't for that, I would guess that maybe creature timed blocks work even when the player is out of the area and that's what's causing the problem, but I really don't know. If anyone has any idea on what the problem is, I'd love to hear it.

I think thats caused by timed plot_objects having their events run instantly for every iteration they should have had if the player was in the area. I remember someone finding a solution a while back: they set the run every n milliseconds interval to 0 and added a random condition to simulate time. I can't remember where this was though, so I'm not sure if it worked.
    #
    harwe 15 years ago
    This is an annoying bug, when I get overburdened, it doesn't reset my movespeed when I decide to drop like everything, and the more overburdened I get, the worse the default movespeed will be...
    #
    ZeXLR8er 15 years ago
    "harwe" said:
    This is an annoying bug, when I get overburdened, it doesn't reset my movespeed when I decide to drop like everything, and the more overburdened I get, the worse the default movespeed will be...

I'm aware of this bug aswell, and once again as far as I can tell it's a bug with the Notrium engine, not the mod. It's easily fixed though: whenever it happens, simply save the game and reload it, and it will work perfectly again. Tell me if that works!
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: