Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

Antidox 18 years ago
    I know this might sound like a stupid question, but is there a better way to make sniper bullets then *combine one ether and one bullet, repeat*and spend ages making bullets?
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    not in game >.<
    #
    Anonymous1157 18 years ago
    Yeah, what he said.
    #
    magnus_c 18 years ago
    can someone plz tell how do do a laser shotgun,Dual pistols,Warp Drill Gun and all the turrets (flame turret,pulse laser turret and the dual machinegun turret!

plz answer
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "magnus_c" said:
    can someone plz tell how do do a laser shotgun,Dual pistols,Warp Drill Gun and all the turrets (flame turret,pulse laser turret and the dual machinegun turret!

plz answer
    That's in the Werivar mod, not vanilla Notrium. You should be asking it in the Werivar mod thread.
    #
    vanilla Notrium
    Is that like some secret version of notrium like Project Phoenix is?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    vanilla Notrium
    Is that like some secret version of notrium like Project Phoenix is?
    Vanilla means its the original, unmodded version.
    #
    oh...
    #
    twitch 18 years ago
    So, I've been trying to get myself a hover bike, but I seem to run into the same problem over and over:
    Every time I start a game, it seems that out of the three random "Sections" generated, either the one where you get the blue prints or the one where you get the gravitational devices is missing. (The Gorge, I think, and the Missle Base.)

Am I missing something here, or is one section always going to be left out for each game? I even tried using that "Fixed location" mod, but it still seems like at least one section gets left out.
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    "twitch" said:
    Am I missing something here, or is one section always going to be left out for each game? I even tried using that "Fixed location" mod, but it still seems like at least one section gets left out.
    You mean the Map Relocation Mod? When playing the MRM it seems like a area is missing, to me. But default works fine.
    #
    magnus_c 18 years ago
    i cant build a hoverbike i cant get the items are it some area that have the items?
    #
    1) This is why you need to learn better English

2) You'll need instructions grom the Gorge, twin devices from the Missile Base, and something flamey from Ville Corp. Note that the only boss you really need to destroy is in the missile base. I am making this vauge on purpose.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Vague.

There are more than three areas. There are, in fact, six or seven. The extra areas are beyond the Hive, which is above the area above the starting area.
    #
    i cant build a hoverbike i cant get the items are it some area that have the items?
    MageKing, if you dint know what someone is talking about, shut up. And thanks, I dont know why I spelled Vague wrong.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "Antidox" said:
    I know this might sound like a stupid question, but is there a better way to make sniper bullets then *combine one ether and one bullet, repeat*and spend ages making bullets?

Mod the game a bit and give the player an item at the very start of the game that when a key is pressed combines, say, 10 bullets and ethers and produces 10 sniper bullets without destroying the original item?

IMHO that'd be possible, but hey, what do I know?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    IMHO, it'd be simpler to just add something like "press Y to combine ten bullets with ten ether" to the bullets themselves (or the reverse to ether), but... lemme whip up a quick code here...

Sniper-bullet combiner;//name---------------------------------------
    ???;//identifier
    7;//item class
    0.000000;//weight
    Pressing L combines ten bullets with ten ether to make ten sniper bullets.;//short description
    none;//first pick up text
    0.000000;//size on map
    0;//show on radar 0=does not show, 1=show on scanner, 2=show even without scanner
    0;//particle to shown on radar
    0;//visible in inventory 0=no (can only be used via quick keys), 1=yes
    invisable.png;//texture name
    -1;//wielded script,-1=nothing, only applicable for wieldable items
    -1;//wielded item disabling script, -1=nothing, this script is only checked for conditions while the item is wielded, if the conditions prove false, the item is unwielded
    1;//show help text for conditions
    begin_wield_slots;
    end_wield_slots;
    begin_effects_block;
    Sniper bullets created!;//event text
    none;//event failure text
    use.wav;//sound, none for nothing
    0;//vanishes after event, 0=no, 1=yes
    U;//use key
    L;//quick key
    begin_conditions;
    46;//use condition number
    72.000000;//use condition parameter0
    10.000000;//use condition parameter1
    46;//use condition number
    75.000000;//use condition parameter0
    10.000000;//use condition parameter1
    end_conditions;
    begin_effects;
    16;//effect number
    72.000000;//parameter1
    -10.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    16;//effect number
    75.000000;//parameter1
    -10.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    16;//effect number
    108.000000;//parameter1
    10.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4
    end_effects;
    end_effects_block;
    begin_combinations;
    end_combinations;
    #
    twitch 18 years ago
    Okies... so If found the pool in the Ship Graveyard, but I can't pass the liquid test because I've used up all my heat tokens (For the blast to get out of the hut, and to make the focus token to take the trial.)

So.... how do I go about getting more heat tokens? Am I supposed to do a different trial first, and if so, what area is it in?
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "twitch" said:
    Okies... so If found the pool in the Ship Graveyard, but I can't pass the liquid test because I've used up all my heat tokens (For the blast to get out of the hut, and to make the focus token to take the trial.)

So.... how do I go about getting more heat tokens? Am I supposed to do a different trial first, and if so, what area is it in?

You can break up the combinations. The tokens are reusable, you know.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Just press 'b' while hovering your mouse over the focus token and it will split up.
    #
    twitch 18 years ago
    Well damn, I didn't know things could be broken up.

Either way, when I loaded up my save game, my inventory was cleared out. Has anyone else had this problem?
    #
    Crazy 18 years ago
    I think it has, but note sure how/if it could be fixed...

and everything worked, there were just no items in the inventory?
    #
    That's the wierdest thing I ever heard... your inventory was cleared!? Did you try reloading the save?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Could it be possible that his active inventory was somehow changed? I don't know how it would happen in default Notrium, but it sounds like it would have that effect.
    #
    ziggary 18 years ago
    I have a quick question about Psionic and the way their tokens work: are you supposed to be able to disassemble tokens? I ask because everywhere I've read says "try all the token combinations" which is impossible if you can't deconstruct them.

I'm sort of stuck at the moment, since I was experimenting with psionics on easy and the first token I assembled was psionic blast; I've read that you need psionic focus or something like that to get more tokens, though.

EDIT: Ahh, nevermind. I see someone had this very same problem and had it answered a page back.

I think that sort of information would be a good candidate to be included in the game's documentation, since it is very vital to playing a psionic. If it is, I hadn't found it.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "ziggary" said:
    I have a quick question about Psionic and the way their tokens work: are you supposed to be able to disassemble tokens? I ask because everywhere I've read says "try all the token combinations" which is impossible if you can't deconstruct them.

I'm sort of stuck at the moment, since I was experimenting with psionics on easy and the first token I assembled was psionic blast; I've read that you need psionic focus or something like that to get more tokens, though.
    Yes, tokens can be disassembled. Just highlight the token with your mouse and press B.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    Theres a key to the hermits house in the missilebase area why is that?
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Because the key also opens the missile base door. The second key is in case you lost the first one.
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    Yes, the hermit is a runaway from the missile base area, and he used the same locking mechanism for his makeshift hut.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    But the missile base area is full of robots. I thought the hermit was from Ville Corp, and they're in the mining area.
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    maybe ville corp created the robots and left them as guards
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    So why do they fight each other?

Don't believe me? Try getting a few robots to follow you to the mining area...
    #
    Darkdude 18 years ago
    maybe there was a robotic uprising which forced the marines out of the missile area
    #
    Mattyw 18 years ago
    or maybe the robots were dropped by a ship that were taking the machines to ville corp
    #
    ville 18 years ago
    "darkdude" said:
    maybe there was a robotic uprising which forced the marines out of the missile area

It was originally a planetary defence system base, and VC troops used it as a base. Unfortunately they awoke the dormant robot troops, and got driven away. That relates to the hermit actually, he was among the original troops located in the missile base.

Well at least that was the plan originally, I did intend to put in clues for that, but never got around to actually do it.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    Oh man, now somebody just has to write a story/make a mod about the robot uprising...

On the plus side, one more mod in the universe!
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: