Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Notrium Version 1.3 Progress
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Notrium Version 1.3 Progress

ville 19 years ago
    Well the model is not exactly too nice, but it's nice enough since you'll only be seeing the top of this beauty, and in 64x64 size.

Yes, some of you guessed right. It's the new hoverbike!
    #
    Gobbles 19 years ago
    I would of never guesed that!
    I can't what to drive it around.
    no affence Ville, but is it normal for the model to be polygonized (not sure if thats a real word) because the middle part of the model has a few straight edges, And it is a 2D game(i would presssume) so all the graphics are pre-rendered so they are capable of being almost perfect as they are not rendered in real time. are you going to smoothen it or do you think it is fine how it is, i don't really mind, im just curious.
    #
    Eternal 19 years ago
    "Gobbles" said:
    I would of never guesed that!
    I can't what to drive it around.
    no affence Ville, but is it normal for the model to be polygonized (not sure if thats a real word) because the middle part of the model has a few straight edges, And it is a 2D game(i would presssume) so all the graphics are pre-rendered so they are capable of being almost perfect as they are not rendered in real time. are you going to smoothen it or do you think it is fine how it is, i don't really mind, im just curious.

Imo, I woudlnt bother, it's gonna get shrinked alot, so you'll lose alot of detail.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    "Gobbles" said:
    are you going to smoothen it or do you think it is fine how it is, i don't really mind, im just curious.

No point in smoothing the model since the rendered graphic is 64x64 size. You won't even see much of what is there already.
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    WOOP!

Ville, you are the best!

I can't wait until 1.3 is out now! *stares at Notrium's page, waiting for it to be upgraded*
    #
    Gobbles 19 years ago
    Will we be able to run down aliens with the vehicles?
    #
    Casanova 19 years ago
    I guess the beta will be out in one week, so have a bit more patience.
    #
    Quanrian 19 years ago
    Actually the vehicle could be made to run over creatures by having a constantly forward firing bullet that is invisible. Though it's up to Ville if he adds something like that that. It'd actually need a small array of bullets at slightly different angles to work right, but that is the only way I can see simulating collision detection and it wouldn't entirely accurate
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    Just make the ship have a .1 spray of 500 forward firing bullets that do 5000 damage each... Then make the range REALLY short, so it only affects everything immediately in front of the ship.

*cough*

Ok Zombie... Ok... Keep it together...

*chants "Don't ask when 1.3 will be out..." repeatedly... It's actually quite annoying*

[EDIT] And make the bullets push the creature back a medium range, so it's like they actually got hit... Getting hit by a hovering thing going at... well... really fast... will make you fly a bit.
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    The vehicle is not meant for killing the enemies, it just transports you quickly while eating away your precious ether. You have to be very careful with it because the biggest creatures can blow your bike up with a few shots, and it cannot be fixed. You'll have to try it in the beta phase and see if it's too weak.

A tank would be a fine idea, but it would upset the game balance quite a bit.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    What will be the difference between the rocket boots and the hovercraft? Will the hovercraft just be a far more expensive and difficult to get version of the boots?
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Basically yes. But it acts as a sort of an armor while you're travelling, and it has a light. Not to mention that it really is very fast.
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    Is it bigger than a breadbox?

Cooler than me?

Eviller than me?

Better looking than me?

Better tasting than me?

Better smelling than me?

I hope it's got that 'new electronics' smell or that 'new car' smell to it... I love that smell!
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Totally off-topic (I'll delete these posts tommorrow), but did you know that that 'new car smell' is actually sprayed into the car, and the chemical is toxic and a cause of lung cancer? So the smell isn't natural, it's added to the car by the manufacturers.
    #
    Zombie 19 years ago
    Yes I did know... All of it.

My room reeks of it, I have lung cancer, and I have 29 cases full of cans of the stuff...

Well, not really. So I lied. What of it, knave?!
    #
    ville 19 years ago
    Alright, 1.3 beta will come out in a few days. I'll lock this thread.
    #
    Forum » Notrium Version 1.3 Progress
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: