Register
Email: Password:
Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!

ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Fantastic ideas, keep it up, they help alot. I'm thinking I will put in fighter classes now.

"Grim Reaper" said:
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Maybe I should make the player start in a small fighter and have a sort of mission to get across the galaxy to find the Wolf IV?

Why don't ya make the player earn his position at the wolf iv, and once s/he has earned it, you jump to the events after wazzal?
    Now this idea has got me thinking; what exactly do you mean, Greaper, have an intro set before the nova, and then have it jump to the Alien Wars?
    #
    gold kiros 19 years ago
    I think what reaper meant was like in some games. Example: A kid named Dart is practicing with a sword and his master Yoda tells him he'll be a great knight. Then it shows him a lot older like 25 battling his enemy in full knight armor and sword with a HUGE bloody battle going on.

Maybe he means after caputuring Wolf VI theres some text about some war going on and suddenly put in the middle of a war with giant cruisers duking it out and fighters exploding.

Reaper that what you meant?

New idea!

Maybe you could make an intro with no words but you control some foreign ship from a now extict alien race but you play that race breifly.

The objectives are to stop the alien force. You have something of a defense force with 25 fighters and new ones coming in everywhen while the enemy with whatever amount of ships. Then after certain amount of kills or whatever trigger the giant alien mothership\battlecruiser\theatre destroys you and the life not the planet but the life on it.

Then when you come to it as a human you find some acient buildings and scriptures with the pictures of the enemy force killing the alien fleet.

Point? Make an intro with action and a brief of what the alien enemy is like. Heck even a sequence! Fighters,corvettes(after some amount of kills),frigates and so on.

You likE?
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    done.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    "ZeXLR8er!!" said:
    Now this idea has got me thinking; what exactly do you mean, Greaper, have an intro set before the nova, and then have it jump to the Alien Wars?

I mean that at the start of the game the player must play for a couple of missions or something before he gets to be in Wolf IV, and once he gets an assignment on wolf, the game will shortly describe what happened in wazzal 1 and after that, the actual game starts.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    I thought you would start as the good old captain figure, hero of both Notrium and Wazzal??
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    How about this spin on it:

Player is in a small shuttle travelling from Earth to the brand-new ship Wolf IV when he gets ambushed by an "unkown force" and has to defeat them. Then another group of enemies warps in and it looks like the player is done for, when the Wolf IV shows up and destroys them (probably using the same animation types as the Intro and Outros from Notrium), then a long animation tells the player what happened in Wazzal, then tells you that once the aliens destroyed Sol your crew rebels and the few loyal officers get you into an escape pod. The player then must outrun Wolf IV and land on some planet where a colony of humans is being started. Then the player spends some time on the planet doing missions until a new fighter gets built, then the player takes it out and hunts down Wolf IV. After a short space combat scene, the player docks with Wolf IV and retakes it in an interior combat scene. Then you land on the planet and get a new, more loyal crew and set out to restore humanity to power in the galaxy.

How about them apples?
    #
    gold kiros 19 years ago
    How bout this?

Wolf VI IS your ship but you left them to become part of the expedition that searched around Notrium then you want to report what you saw but the unknown force are mercenaries from VIlle Corp. Since you know too much they must kill you.

Wolf VI (under command of your loyal officers) destroys the Unknown force but since your crew has been part of Vill Corp. They want to kill you and get the reward for themselves. Your officers know of it so they escape and join you to stop Wolf VI.

The shuttle gets blown to bits but the escape pod that docked is hurtling towards space and you are in it with your officers,you detect a colony so you must land there.

Hmm?????

I still say use my previous idea with the 5 mysterious men and your ship is the only one the can access a fortress somewhere.

On a side note: Have my ideas been helpful? I don't ask a big thanks just want to know.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "gold kiros" said:
    How bout this?

Wolf VI IS your ship but you left them to become part of the expedition that searched around Notrium then you want to report what you saw but the unknown force are mercenaries from VIlle Corp. Since you know too much they must kill you.

Wolf VI (under command of your loyal officers) destroys the Unknown force but since your crew has been part of Vill Corp. They want to kill you and get the reward for themselves. Your officers know of it so they escape and join you to stop Wolf VI.

The shuttle gets blown to bits but the escape pod that docked is hurtling towards space and you are in it with your officers,you detect a colony so you must land there.

Hmm?????
    ...That is a very confusing post, but I'll try to answer it anyway.

(numbers refer to paragraphs)

1) Wolf IV a part of the Notrium Expedition? How does that work? The intro says an exploration vessel goes there, not an assault ship.

2) The crew was a part of Ville Corp? Since when? I thought we were going for continuity between this mod and Notrium/Wazzal.

3) THAT could work, and would be a better idea than my "crew randomly mutinies and you suddenly decide to land on a colony" idea.

[edit]I accidentally wrote Nortium... oops[/edit]
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Hey Zex, do you think I could help with some coding? I find it never hurts to have people who know what they're doing help with coding.

I just can never find people who know what they're doing...

[EDIT]

In order to prevent triple-posting, I am simply tacking this on.

How about capital ship combat? Something about ships with 50 trillion laser turrets all focused on one target just puts me in my happy place. And I've thought of a way it could work, too...

In the Timed block for the capital ships, have events that occur along the firing rate of whatever turret they are. Conditions neccessary: Energy, Turret Enabled (using an item, like the shield in v0.1b does), and an Enemy within range. Effects: Fire weapon at nearest enemy. Weapon would drain energy, so draining energy not require in the Effects block of the Timed block. Add more than one of those timed blocks, and you have yourself a turret array.

One small problem. In 1.33, I seem to have trouble getting the fire-weapon effect (24, is it? and 65 i think) parameter3 = fire at nearest target to work. It always seemed to fire off in it's own little direction, with no sense to it. But it worked in the other 1.3x versions. What's up with that?

[/EDIT]
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    If you want my opinion, all the super-duper capital ship crap will only spoil the gameplay. I like shooting things while dodging their fire, not shooting another ship with 100 lasers and if you are weaker you lose and if you are stronger you win. I'm hoping Zex agrees, otherwise we have one screwed mod in this thread.

This is only mmy opinion, no offense.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    If you want my opinion, all the super-duper capital ship crap will only spoil the gameplay. I like shooting things while dodging their fire, not shooting another ship with 100 lasers and if you are weaker you lose and if you are stronger you win. I'm hoping Zex agrees, otherwise we have one screwed mod in this thread.

This is only mmy opinion, no offense.
    On the contrary, I find capital ship battles require a great deal of strategy. For one, you could make the turrets as innacurate as the Notrium Laser Turret. For another, the turrets would probably only be effective against fighters. Capital ships would require either heavy weapons (like the Ion cannons from Homeworld2), or bombers to be destroyed fast enough. But really, doesn't anyone else just like to see two giant ships with a buttload of weaponry blasting away at each other? Am I the only person who likes seeing huge bombard cannons being used to decimate the unsheilded side of a shipyard? AM I INSANE?

Okay, I can answer that last question myself (the answer is yes), but I need SOMEONE to answer me on the others!
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    done. I think thats all.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    Alright, I've heard ENOUGH about homeworld 1 being better then 2, about not playing homeworld 2 when you have 1, about how homeworld 2 is a worse game then 1, about homeworld 2 being a great game, about homeworld 1 being the best game, about homeworld itself a great series,

NOW CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS THE GAME WAZZAL II INSTEAD OF HOMEWORLD,

as the wazzal II thread isn't the homeworld wannabe thread. Feel free to take ideas from homeworld, but please do talk about homeworld in the general talk forum, thank you.

I'm not a mod so I'm not about this, it's just anooying me

EDIT: I apoligies for me getting a bit over the top. I made this post a bit modest, but again, I'm sorry, I was frustrated at the time and needed something to blaim for me being pissed.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    "Idiota" said:
    Alright, I've heard ENOUGH about homeworld 1 being better then 2, about not playing homeworld 2 when you have 1, about how homeworld 2 is a worse game then 1, about homeworld 2 being a great game, about homeworld 1 being the best game, about homeworld itself a great series,

NOW CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS THE GAME WAZZAL II INSTEAD OF HOMEWORLD,

as the wazzal II thread isn't the homeworld wannabe thread. Feel free to take ideas from homeworld, but please do talk about homeworld in the general talk forum, thank you.

I'm not a mod so I'm not about this, it's just anooying me
    In my last two posts, I was being serious about them as suggestions for the mod, okay? I always didn't like the presence of capital ships in Wazzal, because the space station didn't quite count.

And michael, I agree with Idiota on this one. I'm going to remove all off-topic refrences to Homeworld and Homeworld 2 from my posts now. [edit]done. Recommend you do the same, michael.[/edit]
    #
    Marevix 19 years ago
    Just dropped by to congratulate Zex on having the most popular mod in the Notrium community.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Thanks!

On a side note: Have my ideas been helpful? I don't ask a big thanks just want to know.
    Yes, very helpfull, Kiros.

1) Wolf IV a part of the Notrium Expedition? How does that work? The intro says an exploration vessel goes there, not an assault ship.
    Yes, I'm sticking with the already-set history, the ship that went to Notrium was a non-combat exploration vessel: the Var Equinallin. The Wolf IV was very different; it was a heavily-modified freighter fitted with state-of-the-art weapons and shield systems. The United Confederacy would never waste such a valuable combat ship on an exploration mission, especially in a time when the confed was so fragile.

2) The crew was a part of Ville Corp? Since when? I thought we were going for continuity between this mod and Notrium/Wazzal.
    I'll say this now: I'm gonig for as much continuity as I can get. But these recent ideas are great; I'm getting a good picture of what people want.

BTW, the reason you haven't seen any new updates is because I've been a bit distracted by Rome: TW. Once it wears off I'll get back into modding bigtime.
    #
    Murska 19 years ago
    Wolf VI IS your ship but you left them to become part of the expedition that searched around Notrium

Now? Did you not see that?
    You left the Wolf VI to become a part of the team in Var Equinallin in this story!

And Rome TW ROCKS! IT IS THE BEST! But im still here... Well, in reality, I was just gonna be off playing that...
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    it is a good game but it won't install on my laptop so I play it here. also how long to you plan on haveing wazzal 2 be? 3 hours?
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    I think this is the type of game that can easily last long without getting bored. For me that is. I hope it to be long and I think all of you will. I edited my last post because it was a bit over the top. Read the edit if you want.

I have a new idea, I don't know if I've said it but here it is:

I've mentioned resistance before. Now I worked it out. Maybe you can have several so called "filters" that filter a type of damage. You can make a slot for it to be equiped, I think. This will add to the shield so that type of weapon will be partially blocked by the shield

Another idea:
    Salvaging destroyed ships would be a nice feature, I would say. It could be just a corpse item of some sort. To work it out even further you can set it that you pick up salvaged parts (the item looks like this too) and you need to combine it with something in order to get the usefull parts out.

Question:
    Can we still find random items on the map? Or is it all going to be buy,buy,buy?
    #
    HarmlessHermit 19 years ago
    So IS Wolf IV going to be the starting ship again or is that still not decided upon yet? And also where do you plan on the Captain starting and building up his fleet? Unless he already has one and you just have to gain access to it somehow?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    I've mentioned resistance before. Now I worked it out. Maybe you can have several so called "filters" that filter a type of damage. You can make a slot for it to be equiped, I think. This will add to the shield so that type of weapon will be partially blocked by the shield

Another idea:
    Salvaging destroyed ships would be a nice feature, I would say. It could be just a corpse item of some sort. To work it out even further you can set it that you pick up salvaged parts (the item looks like this too) and you need to combine it with something in order to get the usefull parts out.

Question:
    Can we still find random items on the map? Or is it all going to be buy,buy,buy?
    1) Actually that would be very good, but I'm not sure on how I would actually go about doing it. Maybe have an item that increases/decreases a bar, thus changing resistance?
    2) Yes, I have thought about this, and I would definetly want to have some sort of salvaging in the mod. More ideas on this would definetly be welcome.
    3) Of course there'll be randomness!! And a whole lot off it.

So IS Wolf IV going to be the starting ship again or is that still not decided upon yet? And also where do you plan on the Captain starting and building up his fleet? Unless he already has one and you just have to gain access to it somehow?
    Hmm, well, it comes down to this: Do you guys want the main ship to be the Wolf IV, or... the Wolf V?
    It actually would make a whole lot more sense having a newer ship, as what admiral would really use an outdated pre-sol freighter as his fleet's flagship? I would make the Wolf V look the same, and there could also be a quest, the captain would have to travel across the galaxy to the famed starship foundries on {insert planet name} to find the ship. Or maybe the aiens could have stolen the plans, and the captain would have to find them before the ship could be built...
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    I'm ging with the Wolf V. Makes more sense, The Wolf IV belongs in a museum...
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    I've got it. We keep the Wolf IV as the starting ship, but then your first officer points out that to retake the galaxy we will need a more powerful ship. So you go looking for a ship. Eventually you find a brand-new warship is under construction, and decide to steal it. Once again we get the player fighting against enemy units onboard of a ship (but this time with backup from marines or something) to gain control. Eventually you fight your way to the bridge and the captain surrenders. Then you rename the ship (with a bit of spray paint and an IFF replacement) the Wolf V, which becomes the player's flagship for the fleet (but the Wolf IV stays in your fleet, backing you up in combat).

I like this idea, as I always thought the Wolf IV was a cool ship and the player should be able to play with it for a bit before getting the brand-spankin'-new ubercool warship.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Yes, that's a great idea. I'll remember it, it would work great.
    #
    HarmlessHermit 19 years ago
    Dropping some ideas here:

You need something to make the Wolf V special. Maybe humans stole some tech from the aliens in one of the few ships they captured without it self destructing. It could utilize stronger shields or stronger weapons or something else to make it a rounded ship good for most situations. Then you can add ships that have certain specialties that the player will want to switch to once in while.
    It's all about strategy.

The first missions could require that there is a minor alien incursion in a mining base or something and you are the only fleet officer nearby with a ship. Naturally you aren't completely ready so you'll have to fire up the only combat capable ship, the prehistoric Wolf IV (which was about to be impounded) and fend off the aliens. This is where you teach the player the basic controls and concepts. The player will also board a disabled alien ship, neutralize the defenses, and capture it. The techies will be overjoyed that they finally have some alien technology and they'll use it to improve the Wolf V ship still under construction.

The New Dawn and surrounding human systems should be in chaos like Sol during Wazzal. This should provide some variety in the enemies ranging from pirates exploiting a golden opportunity, captains looking to eliminate you so they can go up higher in rank, and minor alien factions who want to attack humanity while its weakened by the main alien attack.

Where do you/how do you plan to end the Wazzal II story? I don't want to give more ideas that may be out of the game's time frame.
    #
    michael 19 years ago
    you forget that in wazzal it was the starting ship nothing more.(I did use it till the end of the game though it gets around the best.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    C'mon people, who wants to have a 50 year old ship in it;s fleet? It makes no sense. Compare it with cars, the newer the better it performes. No commander would want an old, cracky ship in it's fleet.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    I suggest that while assaulting Wolf V, the Wolf IV is destroyed, but the crew escapes and infiltrates Wolf V. That way you have a reason to leave Wolf IV out of the fleet.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    1) Nice new avatar.

2) I don't see why the Wolf IV has to be ditched at all. Any captain with some sense would simply set it to automatically follow his new ship and attack any enemies that come within range. That way he has some extra guns in the next fight, as well as a moving target to draw away fire.
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Nomatter what, I'm not going to have the IV destroyed. It is a signature of the Wazzal game, and it would take away alot to have it gone forever.
    #
    Grim Reaper 19 years ago
    Ok then, in that case I suggest that when you have captured Wolf V you find some spare parts OSLT you then upgrade Wolf IV to match the technological level of Wolf V.
    #
    MageKing17 19 years ago
    Or howabout you just add-on some gun ports or something to give it an extra punch?

Actually, I think Wolf IV should be smaller than Wolf V, but faster. That way it can keep up with you no matter what and dodge fire better, but you have all the sweet weapons and sheilding.
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    Make a poll about it Zex, this isn't going anywhere, make it contain only stuff YOU are willing to add, ok?
    #
    ZeXLR8er 19 years ago
    Who wants some screenshots of the basic ship interior?
    #
    Idiota 19 years ago
    dumb question, Zex lol ofcourse everybody lol
    #
    Forum » WAZZAL II: The Final Dawn - final Version 6 released!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: