Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!

surf424 17 years ago
    now im playing as an alien and i have a brown alien egg, how do i feed it, i laid it btw.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "surf424" said:
    now im playing as an alien and i have a brown alien egg, how do i feed it, i laid it btw.
    Did the egg hatch yet? 'Cuz if it didn't, you can't feed it yet.

The brown alien/larva feeds on corpses of blue aliens, and vice versa.
    #
    surf424 17 years ago
    how do i make it hatch?!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    You keep it in that nest you made. It'll hatch eventually.
    #
    surf424 17 years ago
    he hatched! now how do i feed him?!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    Drop the appropriate corpse on the ground near the larva.

And here I was, thinking that the journal entries explain it all.
    #
    surf424 17 years ago
    does it need to be in the nest, i have a mini alien and he doesn't eat them
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "surf424" said:
    does it need to be in the nest, i have a mini alien and he doesn't eat them
    Whether or not the alien/corpses are in the nest does not matter.

Are you sure you're feeding the alien the right type of corpses (brown for blue, blue for brown)?
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    Drop the appropriate corpse on the ground near the larva.

And here I was, thinking that the journal entries explain it all.
    They are, just some people aren't that observant it seems.
    #
    surf424 17 years ago
    my nest is messy, can i clean it?
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    "surf424" said:
    No.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "surf424" said:
    No.
    IIRC you can actually pick up the egg shells using the v key.
    #
    "Anarion" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    "surf424" said:
    No.
    IIRC you can actually pick up the egg shells using the v key.
    I honestly did not know that! No, seriously!
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    Actually I'm wrong, you can pick up whats left of the larva, and you can push the eggs if you really want. You can't actually pick up the eggshells tho.
    #
    joon91 17 years ago
    i have been wondering that every time i put barrier or laser turret on my base and leave the area they chance position into the edge of the area in one big group. is there something to keep this from happening?
    and 2 other small question: i have heard that there is only 2 alien queens but there is atleast 3 in my game. 2 brown and atleast 1 blue.
    is it always like this and what do i need to do to get that alien ending by killing them
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "joon91" said:
    i have been wondering that every time i put barrier or laser turret on my base and leave the area they chance position into the edge of the area in one big group. is there something to keep this from happening?
    I think thats caused by aliens pushing them around while you are out of sight.

"joon91" said:
    and 2 other small question: i have heard that there is only 2 alien queens but there is atleast 3 in my game. 2 brown and atleast 1 blue.
    I've never heard of this problem. Where do you find these aliens?
    #
    There are four alien queens, and two of each color. IIRC, there are eight in harder difficulty levels.
    #
    joon91 17 years ago
    thanks for reply but i dont think that the moving turrets, barriers and stuff is caused by aliens. it seems only to happen in ship graveyard and this happens also to my hover bike. they just move into one big pile somewhere in the edge even if i'm gone for few secs.

and can you possibly tell me what the endings are? i dont want to know how to get them just what they are.
    i know the eden ending for psionid, radio ending and that where you repair the shuddle. i think that there is atleast 2 more. what are they?
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    VC ending, then there's... erm... the queen ending (that STILL IS there, right? I haven't played Notrium in awhile. :S) and... yeah... i don't remember anymore ATM.
    #
    joon91 17 years ago
    "Crazy" said:
    VC ending, then there's... erm... the queen ending (that STILL IS there, right? I haven't played Notrium in awhile. :S) and... yeah... i don't remember anymore ATM.
    queen ending? i have killed them all and got no ending or message thingy from it. but thanks for answer
    #
    Actually, that's because the alien queen ending also involves pwning the eggs.
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Actually, that's because the alien queen ending also involves pwning the eggs.
    Thats right. It does doesn't it? I'd forgotten that and was thinking he must have a bug or something.
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    Ok, this is my attempt to complete the game my second time. Used the pod ending the first time around. I have run into a problem.

Started out, went and cleared out the missile base, set up home, went and started killing marines, before long I was at the force field in the ship.

And now I am stuck. The force field wont shut off. Is it because I destroyed all 3 gens before I approached the field? I'm anxious to massacre those guys inside.
    #
    Bien45 17 years ago
    Notrium is very laggy on my pentium 4 1.7 ghz with a intel brookdale g dating 2001
    #
    zerocoal 17 years ago
    i've been playing for a loong time and im just getting bored with all the easier races so im trying psionic. and i know that the liquid portal is in graveyard. void is i mining, and i think the lifeforce is the altar in the middle of eden. is that correct? and wha is IIRC?
    #
    ahrenjb 17 years ago
    I find it odd that notrium is laggy on that computer. I was able to run Notrium on an old IBM Thinkpad PIII 800MHz with a 16meg Savage graphics card. My recommendation is 16bit 800x600 windowed.
    #
    Xeblit 17 years ago
    How does one finish the game through Eden? (Sorry if this has already been asked, but It's too time consuming to use the search engine, believe me, I've tried)
    #
    harwe 17 years ago
    what the hell a P4 at 1.7 GHz???????????? your putting your resolution too high man, the refresh rates will look weird aand will be hard to find items if you do the highest resolution like on me desktop
    #
    Anarion 17 years ago
    "ahrenjb" said:
    I find it odd that notrium is laggy on that computer. I was able to run Notrium on an old IBM Thinkpad PIII 800MHz with a 16meg Savage graphics card. My recommendation is 16bit 800x600 windowed.
    I got it running fine on a Celeron 433mhz.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "zerocoal" said:
    and wha is IIRC?
    IIRC = If I Recall Correctly.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    It worked fine on my p4 3.0ghz, AND my pD 3.0ghz, so I don't understand why you people haven't upgraded yet. I mean, come on. 2ghz is, like, the bare minimum for newer games, unless you actually like seeing pixels all the time.
    #
    Pete 16 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I don't understand why you people haven't upgraded yet.

Three words: Lack of cash.
    #
    Anonymous1157 16 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I don't understand why you people haven't upgraded yet.

Three words: Lack of cash.
    I upgraded with $400, and it's actually half-decent.
    #
    Grim Reaper 16 years ago
    If I had 500€, I'd get me a new computer.
    #
    Crazy 16 years ago
    I've been collecting money for an upgrade for about a year now...
    #
    Forum » Got a question about Notrium? Ask it here!
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: