Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nameless mod (for now)

Idiota 18 years ago
    the city things would require the maker to mod is arse off, then hire a team of modders, then they'll have to work there arses off in order to get it done. It's a real bugger to get all the work done and done good, especially in such an immense project.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    "tucalipe" said:
    Very good idea. It remembers me an kinda old game named System Shock. It looks like its sequel, SS2. I'm not saying that you got ideas from there, but both games have some points in common:

The ship is full of aliens.
    The laser pistol HAS a Normal and a Overload charge.
    You can't find anyone living in the ship, except for the aliens.
    The first fire weapon you get is a pistol, which can be upgraded after.

You could use more ideas from SS2. It was a very good game.
    For example, one of the monsters/aliens could be a crewman transformed by some kind of chemical reaction into a killing zombie

You hit the point there. It IS inspired by SS2, I even want to use sounds from it. Deck 4 is going to look like body of the Many.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    In fact, Tucalipe, it's sort of a given that all major forum members have not only heard of, but played SS2. It's very popular here.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    In fact, Tucalipe, it's sort of a given that all major forum members have not only heard of, but played SS2. It's very popular here.
    I do wonder how many people have actually played the game through, however...
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "MageKing17" said:
    I do wonder how many people have actually played the game through, however...

Two times. Three times I got stuck inside the Many.
    #
    Roboman 17 years ago
    Back to ideas, how about you make an attatchment for certain energy using items so you give them a charge to use as ammo, and that charge comes from Carbon Units. Then, with regular trips to a Convertor, you'll be able to kill more aliens quicker! Sort of an addition to Force Users idea...
    #
    Anonymous1157 17 years ago
    Please don't kill me, but what's System Shock?
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Please don't kill me, but what's System Shock?
    Kills Anonymous.

(Hey, you literally asked for it. )
    #
    Crazy 17 years ago
    I understand it's a great cyberpuk FPS/RPG.

But mine crashes on startup -.-
    #
    "MageKing17" said:
    Kills Anonymous.
    Ye shalt not forget the asteriks. Thou error is punishable by flaming. It shalt not end with ye period, either.

*Sets MK on fire*

Whoops, wrong definition of "flaming".

By the way, what do you mean by me literally asking for it? I was asking for you to please NOT do it.
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    By the way, what do you mean by me literally asking for it? I was asking for you to please NOT do it.
    Reverse psychology!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Grim Reaper" said:
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Reverse psychology!
    Exactly! ;P
    #
    Well, reverse-psychology this: kill me!
    #
    Grim Reaper 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Well, reverse-psychology this: kill me!
    *kills Anony*

That was reverse psychology of the message behind the written one! [/OT]

So, made any progress on the mod for a while?
    #
    [OT]
    Damn. I'd call you stupid but that reminds me of a far eviller case of name-calling.
    [/OT]

Apparently, the last version I have is 0.2, so I'm downloading the new beta right now. I should reinstall Notrium now, anyways.
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    [OT]
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    Damn. I'd call you stupid but that reminds me of a far eviller case of name-calling.
    It would also show just how little you got the joke.

And I'd call you an idiot for not realizing that you, in fact, did call him stupid with that, but that wouldn't be nice. So I won't say it.

;P[/OT]
    #
    I get it. But, you didn't get it, either. Idiota is the one that you're supposed to call an idiot.

PSST! This is your signal to LOCK THE THREAD!
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Anonymous1157" said:
    I get it. But, you didn't get it, either. Idiota is the one that you're supposed to call an idiot.
    ...You're looking to get some target practice in, aren't you? As the target?
    #
    alphard 17 years ago
    To Mod Author
    Thank you for this really cool mod - it is one of the best notrium mods I ever played [seriously]! The mod graphics is average, but gameplay and the game atmosphere are truly (not original, but...)great!
    Good luck, keep on modding!
    --------
    but... where are the decks 1 and 2? Please, finish it! You HAVE TO make it!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    Ok. Major bump here. Anyway... I finnaly used up all the games on the harddisk of my old PC and Im forced to use it every weekend (no internet connection there) so I might start working on this mod again if there is enough people interested. Just answer in the new pool.
    #
    alphard 17 years ago
    good news! Still waiting for unfinshed decks
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    I haven't been round here for a while but your mod sounds very good unfortunatly i can't see it since it's no longer hosted but you should continue, you will be proud of your achievements when you are finished
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    No longer hosted? Not good. I just hope I still have my backup... yup, I have it. The results are also good enough to motivate, so expect the mod to be rehosted with some more features after this weekend.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    There is is! Beta 0.4 is out! Check the first post for more info!

EDIT: Oh, and a new pool too.

EDIT EDIT: oof. Maybe not. For some reason I cant change the current one. That is, the pool.
    #
    roburky 17 years ago
    I downloaded it and had a few goes. I'm finding it very hard.

First time, I explored and picked up lots of stuff. Then I walked into the steam/gas to see what it would do. I was expecting it to hurt, but I wasn't expecting it to continue to hurt after I left the chamber. I died.

Next time, I went through all the motions I did before, picking up all the things again. I found the gas mask, equipped it, and went through the gas chamber again. I was then killed by a small blue alien that was hiding in there.

Third time, I hit lots of inventory problems. Seems if I close the desk inventories with right click instead of pressing u on the 'close desk' item, it stays as my inventory, and anything I pick up gets added to it, and is lost. I also can't open my normal inventory until I go back to that desk and use the 'close desk' item.
    I had accidentally gone into the gas chamber thinking I had the gas mask on because of this bug. I managed to put it back on before I died, however, and carried on. Went through the gas chamber, killed two slugs with a metal pipe, met a small blue alien again and died.

Not saying the difficulty is a bad thing. Just a little tedious going through those early motions every time. And the inventory bug is really annoying, but I'm guessing there isn't a way around that other than posting signs somewhere to not use right click.

Edit: Tried again, and was torn to shreds by a small blue alien again after getting past the gas. I was trying to use the paralyser on it, but I guess I was missing. What are you supposed to do with them?
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "roburky" said:
    I downloaded it and had a few goes. I'm finding it very hard.

First time, I explored and picked up lots of stuff. Then I walked into the steam/gas to see what it would do. I was expecting it to hurt, but I wasn't expecting it to continue to hurt after I left the chamber. I died.

Next time, I went through all the motions I did before, picking up all the things again. I found the gas mask, equipped it, and went through the gas chamber again. I was then killed by a small blue alien that was hiding in there.

Third time, I hit lots of inventory problems. Seems if I close the desk inventories with right click instead of pressing u on the 'close desk' item, it stays as my inventory, and anything I pick up gets added to it, and is lost. I also can't open my normal inventory until I go back to that desk and use the 'close desk' item.
    I had accidentally gone into the gas chamber thinking I had the gas mask on because of this bug. I managed to put it back on before I died, however, and carried on. Went through the gas chamber, killed two slugs with a metal pipe, met a small blue alien again and died.

Not saying the difficulty is a bad thing. Just a little tedious going through those early motions every time. And the inventory bug is really annoying, but I'm guessing there isn't a way around that other than posting signs somewhere to not use right click.

Edit: Tried again, and was torn to shreds by a small blue alien again after getting past the gas. I was trying to use the paralyser on it, but I guess I was missing. What are you supposed to do with them?

Ooo! Response!

The desk inventory problem. I do think there is a way to fix that, but it would take too long and I wanted to give the mod out ASAP.

About the aliens... run away and try to hit him with something. Even punch kills them and they are just as fast as you. Try to upgrade your paralyser, too. And save if you want. Get all the syringes you can and carry them around. Maybe you could also get some blood berries in a bottle too.
    #
    roburky 17 years ago
    I would suggest making the aliens slightly slower, larger, or do less damage. They've simply run at me like lightning and killed me within seconds. I've had very little time to react, and seem unable to hit them once they're next to me. I'm guessing their size is so tiny that they're actually under the range of the melee weapons.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    I have a suggestion for the desk inventory problem, wouldn't simply putting the 'Open Inventory I' item in the desk inventory solve the problem? that way if you right-click on the desk screen then you can press I to open your original inventory. (the one with your items in it)
    I think this would work, but i'm not an expert, by far.
    Loving your mod by the way!
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Tom Paris" said:
    I have a suggestion for the desk inventory problem, wouldn't simply putting the 'Open Inventory I' item in the desk inventory solve the problem? that way if you right-click on the desk screen then you can press I to open your original inventory. (the one with your items in it)
    I think this would work, but i'm not an expert, by far.
    Loving your mod by the way!

The open inventory I item just opens the currect inventory. I am working on the mod again already, too. And thanks for loving my mod!
    #
    roburky 17 years ago
    If you had an 'Open Inventory I' item that switched your inventory to the original one as well as opening it, it might work.
    #
    Admiral 17 years ago
    Yea, add

52;//effect number
    0.000000;//parameter1
    0.000000;//parameter2
    0.000000;//parameter3
    0.000000;//parameter4

to your Open Inventory I item then put the 'open inventory I' item in the desk inventory, that should take care of it

EDIT: No wait, just change your Close Desk item to include a quick key of 'I', that would do the same job with no cluttered code
    #
    Barebones 17 years ago
    Once you open the desk inventory, you can drop the items regularly and they will appear at your feet.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "Barebones" said:
    Once you open the desk inventory, you can drop the items regularly and they will appear at your feet.

Yeah, but they will still be the Take item: tools instead of Tools item, for example. Just do it the right way people...IDEA! Hm. That might just be it. If I recall correctly, there is an effect that forbids opening the inventory, but what happens if it is already open? Gotta test it when I get home...
    #
    MageKing17 17 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    "Barebones" said:

Yeah, but they will still be the Take item: tools instead of Tools item, for example.
    Make them undroppable.
    #
    Pete 17 years ago
    "MageKing17" said:
    "Pete" said:
    "Barebones" said:

Yeah, but they will still be the Take item: tools instead of Tools item, for example.
    Make them undroppable.

I just didnt expect people to be THAT stupid to drop those items.
    #
    Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: